it’s not the drop, it’s the impact. Please advise

bluecastle

DIS Veteran
I am not afraid of drops at all. Splash used to be my favorite ride. But because of my back issues, the impact could definitely do some damage. When I ride Pirates I need to put a cushion under me and lift myself up slightly to avoid hitting my seat too hard after the drop. So, my question is, what about Frozen Ever After? I rode it years ago when it was Maelstrom, but I was younger and could do more. Would you say the impact of the drop, not the backwards part but the drop after it, is the same as Pirates in terms of impact when it lands? I really want to ride it with my granddaughter! Thanks!

I don't have back issues, but I don't recall the landing on the backwards slide on Frozen being hard. I remember it as feeling smooth and floaty? I'm not great at mechanics either, but I'm wondering if you sat in the middle of the boat if it might help minimize whatever impact there might be? Or maybe the front of the boat?

I don't have back issues, but I don't recall the landing on the backwards slide on Frozen being hard. I remember it as feeling smooth and floaty? I'm not great at mechanics either, but I'm wondering if you sat in the middle of the boat if it might help minimize whatever impact there might be? Or maybe the front of the boat?
Thanks for your suggestions!
There is another drop after the backwards one that is the one I have concerns about. I have read that it is similar to Pirates.

Thanks all! I will try to use the same strategy that I do with Pirates. I really want to be able to ride this with my DGD!

Just got back. Pirates made me wince a little with my back issues, while Frozen didn’t. I think Frozen was just a tad smoother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter