Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

I did see that the garden cut outs said that they could possibly be for tower guests only. Their page says

"Tower Guests also have exclusive access to 4 gardens—tropical terrace hideaways—each themed to a different island. These impeccably designed terraces highlight the flora and artwork of Bora Bora, Hawaiʻi, Samoa and Fiji. Plus, their uniquely themed seating areas offer spectacular views of Magic Kingdom park fireworks on one side of the tower and Disney’s Oak Trail and Magnolia Golf Courses on the other."

It specifies Tower Guests specifically when talking about these gardens but nowhere else that I saw. Maybe they will be keycard/magicband access only?

I could see people enjoying their morning coffee there, and ending the night there with a glass of wine after the fireworks.
Having stayed on trips (not just Disney) with extended family or other couples, having a nice, comfortable, neutral meeting space is just so nice to have. It could have a purpose like that most hours of the day, like you say sharing morning coffee or just relaxing in the evening, far beyond just fireworks.

Kona breakfast could turn into an ADR you need to secure right when your booking window opens.
But the Wailulu Grille will have breakfast too?

And I’ve actually never had trouble getting Kona breakfast reservations in the fall (which is a busy DVC season), even the day before. Maybe it’s tough to get ones early enough to RD Magic Kingdom after? But breakfast at 8 or 9 has always been no problem in my experience…

I wonder if Wailulu might operate a bit like 3 Bridges over at Coronado, on a standby/walk up basis (no res) only...

But the Wailulu Grille will have breakfast too?

And I’ve actually never had trouble getting Kona breakfast reservations in the fall (which is a busy DVC season), even the day before. Maybe it’s tough to get ones early enough to RD Magic Kingdom after? But breakfast at 8 or 9 has always been no problem in my experience…
Not sure. I thought I read just like pastries and grab and go. But I could be wrong.

Because I'm so into what ifs and thought experiments...if someone offered you a VB contract for free but you had to hold it till expiration...would you take it? Anyone feel free to answer btw.
Have on Vero contract currently bought at $30 and another on ROFR at $35.00 same use year. You buy Vero to stay at Vero in high demand seasons or in our case Beach Cottages. You don’t buy it for sleep around points, that is what people should buy Saratoga for. Absolutely will be willing to hold until expiration if that is the case

Have on Vero contract currently bought at $30 and another on ROFR at $35.00 same use year. You buy Vero to stay at Vero in high demand seasons or in our case Beach Cottages. You don’t buy it for sleep around points, that is what people should buy Saratoga for. Absolutely will be willing to hold until expiration if that is the case
I feel like that's the perfect answer for understanding the case for and against a VB contract! I bet the beach cottages are absolutely lovely.

Indeed Beach cottages are pretty much all that makes sense to me for buying VB; even ocean inn rooms aren’t hard to get at 7Mo in high season anymore.

Nice prices BTW.

Hi All,
I was on property this morning on August 22nd and took a bunch of detail photos of the new tower to share with you all before I fly home. I don’t have any analysis to offer but I did enjoy seeing all the workers take a break during the morning thunderstorms. Enjoy the update!

Edited to add: ah I see you have to upload your photos elsewhere and then paste the link on to Disboards. How quaintly “last century”. Well unfortunately I’m at the airport and getting ready to fly home so I’ll go through that painful process tomorrow after I’m home. I got some great detail shots can’t wait to share it!

Hi All,
I was on property this morning on August 22nd and took a bunch of detail photos of the new tower to share with you all before I fly home. I don’t have any analysis to offer but I did enjoy seeing all the workers take a break during the morning thunderstorms. Enjoy the update!

Edited to add: ah I see you have to upload your photos elsewhere and then paste the link on to Disboards. How quaintly “last century”. Well unfortunately I’m at the airport and getting ready to fly home so I’ll go through that painful process tomorrow after I’m home. I got some great detail shots can’t wait to share it!

I do it from the Attach Files button.

IMG_0901.jpeg

Hit the Photo Library button and choose pictures. Add. Then Insert - 2 options: Thumbnail or Full Image.

Maybe that doesn’t work for all devices?

Finally, Disney Vacation Club Members and guests staying at the Island Tower addition will enjoy exclusive access to four tropical terrace gardens.

My understanding from this quote is that anyone staying in a longhouse studios on points will have access to the terrace gardens. Which makes sense, if they're declared in the association as shared spaces it couldn't be otherwise.

Last edited:
I do it from the Attach Files button.

View attachment 888627

Hit the Photo Library button and choose pictures. Add. Then Insert - 2 options: Thumbnail or Full Image.

Maybe that doesn’t work for all devices?

I’ll give it a try. I’m on iPhone.
You have to have posted a certain number of times to upload photos. I think it’s 10 times?

There’s a test board somewhere around here that’s intended for spamming messages to get to 10 posts.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest