Is there a Universal Studios forum?

I have only seen one for Orlando. There are many people who ask questions USH on the DLR board.

Jack pirate:

I'd be interested in this as well. After getting so much info in preparation for visiting WDW three years ago, and a bunch (tho not sure if it's as much) for DL next week, I feel like I'm going in almost blind to US.

I really think these boards could do with a USH board. Although I know a lot about USH already, (I prefer USH to the DLR) I'm sure I'd use the USH board. And it seems others would benefit from one too.

Maybe one day...

If you have any questions in particular don't hesitate asking me. I know quite a bit. And blackjackdelta is a great source for USH info. too. :thumbsup2

OK then, here's a few questions...
(I've been there before, but it was 12 years ago!)

Is the front of the line pass worth it? How long are the line ups generally in summertime? The front of the line pass seems awfully expensive for a family of 5. If it were just 1 or 2 of us I might consider it, but 5? :scared:

Weel, OK that was really only one question, but I'm sure I'll come up with more.

I've got a question as well. Since we're AP holders and our trip in March includes a blockout saturday, we thought about going to universal studios, rather than paying $120 for blockout passes. Last time dh went was over 15 years ago. Last time I went was 12 years ago. Our kids will be 5 and 8 on our trip. Is this something that will appeal to them? I figure if we do do it, we'll probably do the front of the line pass, since it also includes a year's annual pass. Is that correct or did I read it wrong? We're going back to anaheim for possibly 2 weeks in August, so that would give us options besides disenyland. I know the kids will be interested in shrek and the nickelodeon area,,, but is there anything else. Is there enough things to do to actually stay from park openeing (10am) to closing (6pm)?

I thought of another question. We already booked our transportation and tickets through disney's website. Is it even possible to upgrade to front of the line passes when we get there if we decide we want to?

MissKIA said:
OK then, here's a few questions...
(I've been there before, but it was 12 years ago!)

Is the front of the line pass worth it? How long are the line ups generally in summertime? The front of the line pass seems awfully expensive for a family of 5. If it were just 1 or 2 of us I might consider it, but 5? :scared:

Weel, OK that was really only one question, but I'm sure I'll come up with more.
Considering you're going in the summer I'd definitely say get for FOL Passes (depending on whether you're planning on doing one day - if not, and you don't mind waiting in a bit of a queue for some rides, then don't get them).

The queues in the summer are crazy!! The lines for JPRA and ROTM were an hour + back in 2004. That could have been because ROTM had just opened, but it's still a guest favourite at USH - even though it isn't all that... IMO. We waited 2 hours for it one day. :eek: We had a good few days at the park though so it didn't matter too much.

Other queues generally tend to move quite quickly. BTTF and T23D are never really that long as they let in large amounts.

Just avoid doing Van Helsing Fortress Dracula as soon as you go in (providing you go in at opening that is) as everyone tends to end up there. Head straight for the lower lot and get the biggy's out of the way once. Same on the way out - although you may face queues then because the lower lot closes before the upper lot - so a lot of the attractions on the upper lot get busy then.

victorandbellasmom said:
I've got a question as well. Since we're AP holders and our trip in March includes a blockout saturday, we thought about going to universal studios, rather than paying $120 for blockout passes. Last time dh went was over 15 years ago. Last time I went was 12 years ago. Our kids will be 5 and 8 on our trip. Is this something that will appeal to them? I figure if we do do it, we'll probably do the front of the line pass, since it also includes a year's annual pass. Is that correct or did I read it wrong? We're going back to anaheim for possibly 2 weeks in August, so that would give us options besides disenyland. I know the kids will be interested in shrek and the nickelodeon area,,, but is there anything else. Is there enough things to do to actually stay from park openeing (10am) to closing (6pm)?
Probably won't be a HUGE hit with the kids but there IS (most think it doesn't cater for them at all) stuff for them at USH. Like you say Shrek 4D and the Nickelodeon Blast Zone - those are the only things they'll definitely like. Depending on their characters they may also like the Special Effects Stages (at one of the stages they get a kid to help out with what they are told is an Audio Animatronic bear - it's actually a guy in a suit - and it goes wrong and chases the child) in the lower lot and Animal Planet Live. Maybe even Backdraft and the few biggish rides USH has.

You will indeed get a free AP if you get FOL Passes. Just the regular one though. So you'll be restricted with black-out dates - depending on when you're planning on going of course.

A lot of people put USH down but I think it's a great park. Remember it is a film studio (the World's biggest when combined with a theme park might I add!) so for it to offer the park too is excellent. IMO there is definitely enough to last a whole day. You would probably end up seeing EVERYTHING the park has to offer though.

And don't forget CityWalk. It's a great place to either get hyped for your visit to the studios or to come down after your visit. And the kids absolutely LOVE the water jets shooting out of the floor outside A&F. ;)

MissKIA said:
I thought of another question. We already booked our transportation and tickets through disney's website. Is it even possible to upgrade to front of the line passes when we get there if we decide we want to?
That I'm not sure about. Probably just be an add-on when you get there. Best to e-mail them to make sure. :)

Simba One and all: I am that sometimes labeled "crazy" person for going with 26 teens the last week of July (and there will be 5 other adults with me...whew). Anyway, here is the question.

We have 1 full day and one day beginning at 1:00 p.m. until closing. The group wants to to USH and also DLR/CA. Which park(s) needs a full day and which one can be done if arriving at that park between 1-2 in the afternoon? The short day would be on a Sunday and the full day is on a Monday. Any and all advice is more then welcomed. :teeth:

I would do the tour tram first and then go to the lower level.

Jack pirate:

Pinboys said:
Simba One and all: I am that sometimes labeled "crazy" person for going with 26 teens the last week of July (and there will be 5 other adults with me...whew). Anyway, here is the question.

We have 1 full day and one day beginning at 1:00 p.m. until closing. The group wants to to USH and also DLR/CA. Which park(s) needs a full day and which one can be done if arriving at that park between 1-2 in the afternoon? The short day would be on a Sunday and the full day is on a Monday. Any and all advice is more then welcomed. :teeth:
Does Disneyland itself come into that? (In your other thread I said do DCA over Dl as IMO it appeals to teens more - I first visited the DLR when I turned 18 and liked DCA over Dl.) If so then the full day either at Dl or DCA and then the half day at Universal. Although I like to spend whole days there (unless we do a morning or evening mixed with sightseeing, etc.), you can see virtually all USH has to offer in less than a day. I suspect there'll be things they wouldn't be too keen on seeing or wouldn't mind not seeing so you can make a few cuts there. If you were arriving that late in the day to USH though you'd definitely have to head to the lower lot first - to make use of the rides while they're open. Then you can ride BTTF, etc. when they're ushering you towards the front of the park. :thumbsup2

miceage.com has a forum for non-Disney parks, and there are a number of posts regarding USH. Because there are so few attractions there, lines do tend to be extremely long; that was always one of my frustrations about going there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter