Is there a great restaurant for a 7 yo boy at WDW?

First Timer in MA

Earning My Ears
Hi! We are eating at several places I know my daughter will love, but are there any super cool restaurants for boys? Spaceships or cars or something? Thanks in advance?

Hi! We are eating at several places I know my daughter will love, but are there any super cool restaurants for boys? Spaceships or cars or something? Thanks in advance?

"Sci-Fi" !!! Great atmosphere and our kids love the children's menu !! And the shakes !

My 7-year old son is excited about the T-Rex restaurant. He's enjoyed Rainforest Cafe. The Coral Reef is another fun one (like eating inside of an aquarium). Depending on when you go, there is also a Star Wars character meal at Hollywood and Vine.

Sci fi! We haven't eaten there yet but my 8 yr old requested to eat there this year lol. There's also T-Rex in DTD, Ohana has lilo and stitch, tusker house has a pretty cool theme as well as the fab 5. Also Epcot has a lot of cool themed places. Teppan edo he might like. It's disneyfied hibachi lol

T-Rex, Sci-Fi Dine-In, 50s Prime Time is fun for anyone, O'Hana, Chef Mickey's, Yak and Yeti, Planet Hollywood?

Does it have to have a gimmicky theme? I've taken nephews that age to all sorts of places and among their favorites were California Grill (timed for fireworks), Via Napoli, Kona, and Wolfgang Puck Cafe. But they also enjoyed "themed" restaurants such as T-Rex and 50s Prime Time. Just not as much, food-wise.

In Epcot, my guy likes Coral Reef, Garden Grill and Teppan Edo
MK, he enjoyed BOG (we did lunch) and nearby Chef Mickey and Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge
Hollywood Studios, he thought 50s prime time was fun (we haven't been to Sci Fi)
AK, we ate at Boma after a 5pm park close, got to look at the animals at the lodge before our meal, then really enjoyed that buffet.

'Ohana breakfast and l/d, Chef Mickey's, Biergarten, ESPN, Via Napoli, T-Rex, Whispering Canyon Café, Sci-Fi, California Grill or Narcoossee's for the view, Cape May, Teppan Edo, Rose & Crown for Illuminations, Trail's End, Mickey's BBQ, Hoop De Doo, Luau, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Coral Reef

You could get him some exposure to these themes at some QS locations as well...Cosmic Rays or Tomorrowland Terrace....Tortuga Tavern has been stretched to carry on the Pirates theme

When my boys were that age they loved breakfast at OHana. Other favorites were Coral Reef and Trex.

We'd need more info about your 7 yo! If you're looking for themes, then there's a few I'd recommend.

Sci-Fi is pretty cool and we like going for lunch for the atmosphere, but shockingly, I've seen boys around that age, from overly-sheltering/bearing parents, distraught by the cheesy lame sci-fi horror films they play and the dim setting.
T-Rex has dinosaurs everywhere and is very neat, little boys always seem stoked when I've gone there.
Coral Reef is a great choice if he likes fish and aquariums. We actually enjoyed our meals very much there, despite the negative reviews.

Sci Fi at Hollywood Studios
Rainforest Café at Animal Kingdom/Downtown Disney
T-Rex at Downtown Disney
Coral Reef at Epcot (if he likes aquariums/fish)

One of our trips was when my boys were 5 and 7 and they liked sitting by the aquarium at Coral Reef, although we didn't think the food was wonderful.

When the boys were 8 and 10 we went with extended family and they loved Sci Fi. Actually, they loved most places we went to but I know especially my younger son loved eating in the car.

We went again (most recent trip 18 mos ago and last one for awhile) when they were 10 and 12 and they both really liked Be Our Guest because we were seated in the room with the "storm" and the portrait that changed. We also got to meet the Beast in the library after dinner, which was a big hit. Definitely more to that place for boys than meets the eye when you think "princesses."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter