Is the Children's Buffet Price for Ages 3-9 or 3-11?

degrapevine

Has a serious Disney watch addiction!
Hi, all!
We're headed back to DLR next month and are thinking about eating at Goofy's Kitchen since we did Ariel's Grotto (with Mickey and Friends) last summer.
At WDW, children's buffets are now only for ages 3-9 and you have to pay the adult price for kids 10 and older.
Looking at the information on the DIS about Goofy's Kitchen (and all the other buffets), it looks like DLR only charges the adult price for kids 12 and older.
Is this correct? We have a DS11 and it would be great to save a little $ while letting him eat as much as his little preteen heart desires!
(Plus we got a 10% off coupon in our Get Away Today package!)
Thanks so much in advance ...
Rose :)

I am pretty sure that for my dd10 we paid kids price for Goofys kitchen.
Or maybe I am thinking of Storytellers/Candlelight Processional meal....
Sorry, not much help am I!?!!

DD turns 11 next month, so that stinks, she gets even more expensive now!!!

I just checked this morning as my DD is 11 for our trip in April. But she is a tall 5'5", does anyone know if they will ask for ID to prove age? The only proof I have would be her birth certifcate, but I'm leery about carrying it around.

Sue from Boston

Yeah! So it's children's prices for all 3 of our kids (DD5, DS7, DS11).
That's great ... I wonder why WDW and DLR have different ages for their children's buffets, since they both charge adult prices on tickets for ages 10 and up.
But I'm not going to complain, since it'll save us a little bit.
As for the birth certificate for your 11 year old, 5' 5" is tall (since I'm 35 and only 5' 2", I consider myself short), so I would make a copy of her birth certificate (or anything else with her DOB on it?) just in case you are asked.
I would think they might ask you, so it's better to be prepared to prove it rather than to be looked at as if you are trying to cheat the system, when you're really being honest!
Thanks for the first hand information - now it's off to make a PS!
Rose :)

I will never understand these age cutoffs!! I realize that they have to draw the line somewhere, but my daughter just turned 12 this month, she is only 4' 10" and eats nothing! I will have to pay $30 plus for her to eat at Goofy's this upcoming summer! Who am I kidding...I am going to pay $30 for a meet and greet!!!

Here in Vegas the rule is don't insult the customer by questioning their childs age. My 9 year old looks about 11 and eats like a 21 year old but never had a problem at disney yet. Kids are alot bigger these days!

I was wondering this very thing. DD just turned 10 and now she's considered an adult by DL standards. How silly! And she certainly doesnt eat like an adult.

They will take your word for it, as for her age. At worst they will ask her her age.

My DD was 12 last year when we went and I remember skipping the buffets because I didn't want to pay adult $$ for her knowing that she wouldn't eatbut a spoonfull or two (expect of course ice cream which she will eat her weight in).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter