Is Mobile Ordering still being pushed and Large Party advice

When I wrote that I was more annoyed that my app didn't work and the employee rudely told me I couldn't order inside more than anything. My friend bought me lunch and I bought her dinner later so it worked out but I assume a lot of large groups that go to WDW/Universal don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to figure out Venmo/Paypal while they're in the middle of a busy, hot theme park. I don't travel in a large group so I don't have experience with that. I do what you suggested at restaurants outside of Disney when I'm with friends and it works out great. I'm just unsure if people that travel in parties of 10+ want to figure that out at Disney/Universal and would just be easier for them to order at the register.
I do agree that ordering at the register should be allowed, definitely. And I do see how app issues would cause frustration. I'm glad it worked out with you and your friend!

Is this a huge problem though? Here in NOLA we have an incredibly popular delivery place that's cash only and won't split orders. Lots of times on game nights or whatever we put in an order for 5 or 10 people. Most have cash on hand and we just throw in however much we owe, but invariably a couple of people (different ones different times) don't have cash. So somebody with spare cash covers them and they immediately Venmo/PayPal that person. Why wouldn't that work in these situations? Your friend pays, you send her the money electronically, everyone's square.
It's funny how second nature this seems to some people. I live in a smaller area where people totally don't have those sort of cash trading apps. Feel free to laugh- but I can't have a Venmo because my cell number got used to setup the account for our local middle school parent teacher org, and when I stepped down nobody would give up their number... So we couldn't get a way to transfer it. I've been homeschooling my kids for 3 years now and can't get a Venmo because it's been hijacked by my community for them to get maybe 15-20 transfers a year. Someday, I guess.

It's funny how second nature this seems to some people. I live in a smaller area where people totally don't have those sort of cash trading apps. Feel free to laugh- but I can't have a Venmo because my cell number got used to setup the account for our local middle school parent teacher org, and when I stepped down nobody would give up their number... So we couldn't get a way to transfer it. I've been homeschooling my kids for 3 years now and can't get a Venmo because it's been hijacked by my community for them to get maybe 15-20 transfers a year. Someday, I guess.
I actually do believe it. We RVed full time for a while, and landed in a park for a period of time that was still running on 1970s tech. I ended up volunteering at the park, and while I managed not to get my personal anything hijacked, I could easily see it happening given that only one other person had any clue how to use modern anything. Good luck getting your Venmo back someday! I hope you have PayPal at least...

Went in May. Yes, mobile ordering is being pushed BUT we did not do. We walked in when we decided to eat at wherever and ordered. Never waited more than five minutes. At sit downs we did not use QR codes but asked for printed menus. No one ever said no to our request and we had great servers across the board. (Our glasses and gray hair may have quietly spoken that QR codes and scrolling small print on phones with trifocals is not fun!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter