Is Mobile Ordering still being pushed and Large Party advice

This is what I'm afraid of. I have food allergies, and they're not on the usual list. I appreciate the heads up about the Poly because I was considering swapping our reservation to there because of how much my husband loves hitting Captain Cooks for breakfast.
We were there last week and had 2-3 CMs at the registers each of the 3 times we were there though we weren't there at breakfast.

This is what I'm afraid of. I have food allergies, and they're not on the usual list. I appreciate the heads up about the Poly because I was considering swapping our reservation to there because of how much my husband loves hitting Captain Cooks for breakfast.
We ate breakfast at Capt. Cooks on 4/1 and ordered in-person with no issue.

We were there last week and had 2-3 CMs at the registers each of the 3 times we were there though we weren't there at breakfast.
2-3 at the registers at Captain Cooks? Were they at the registers or was one at the register and the others were either walking around restocking and cleaning or setting up mobile orders on the table? We were there May 14-18 and never saw more than one. (We saw lines between 2-8 people deep with them never opening a second register. We were there for breakfast and various times in the 4-9 p.m. range)

Didn't go to the parks, but it was at The Poly. No room service there yet either. and we had a time using mobile due to poor WIFI in room.
Wifi in the parks isn't that great either. I tried mobile order 2 days in a row for lunch, all I got was "Oops something went wrong". One of those days I just went back to my room and ate, the 2nd day I went to a second CM who let me mobile order. On the third day, it took me 4 attempts to mobile order at Columbia Harbor House, finally got my order in. When I went to the restaurant, it wouldn't accept my tap to say I was there. CM at the door had to do it on her Ipad. I'm guessing the system has improved since so many like it now.
I also didn't like that it charged automatically to my credit card on the room. I know I keep harping on this, but it's my personal little obsession, I like to pay as I go, and not when I get home. Maybe next time I'll figure that one out.

I also didn't like that it charged automatically to my credit card on the room. I know I keep harping on this, but it's my personal little obsession, I like to pay as I go, and not when I get home. Maybe next time I'll figure that one out
It's inconvenient, but if it really bothers you, stop at the front desk every so often and pay off the room charges. They will accept cash & gift cards. Not sure about personal checks. Haven't tried that.

Wifi in the parks isn't that great either. I tried mobile order 2 days in a row for lunch, all I got was "Oops something went wrong". One of those days I just went back to my room and ate, the 2nd day I went to a second CM who let me mobile order. On the third day, it took me 4 attempts to mobile order at Columbia Harbor House, finally got my order in. When I went to the restaurant, it wouldn't accept my tap to say I was there. CM at the door had to do it on her Ipad. I'm guessing the system has improved since so many like it now.
I also didn't like that it charged automatically to my credit card on the room. I know I keep harping on this, but it's my personal little obsession, I like to pay as I go, and not when I get home. Maybe next time I'll figure that one out.
Yeah. We went last October. It was the first time we had ever used Mobile Order. We tried it 3 times. One time, the app told me 3 times that my credit card number was not valid (although I had used it at that same park earlier that same day), once it told me that my food entry was not valid, even if I tried multiple different orders and different entrees, and once it gave me the "Oops, something went wrong" without any explanation.

We did counter service from then on. Had no problems.

2-3 at the registers at Captain Cooks? Were they at the registers or was one at the register and the others were either walking around restocking and cleaning or setting up mobile orders on the table? We were there May 14-18 and never saw more than one. (We saw lines between 2-8 people deep with them never opening a second register. We were there for breakfast and various times in the 4-9 p.m. range)
They were at the registers and there were other CMs manning the table and restocking.

They were at the registers and there were other CMs manning the table and restocking.
I did say something a few times, maybe it finally made a difference? We never saw more than one register person but I would love for them to go back to having multiple registers.

We leave in two weeks. My son has several food allergies and no way will I mobile order anything for him. I want to talk to a person to make sure things are safe for him.
They will do this... we did this when we were there in March. We had to modify things that were not possible on the app.

Starbucks has great selection for dining and is the only Disney Restaurant that gets my money now!
Altho I do like the Plaza and Sci Fi if you can get a reservation.
Whenever a family member uses mobile order it seems like the return window is hours away… does that always happen ?

Starbucks has great selection for dining and is the only Disney Restaurant that gets my money now!
Altho I do like the Plaza and Sci Fi if you can get a reservation.
Whenever a family member uses mobile order it seems like the return window is hours away… does that always happen ?
All of ours were immediate or close to it. Crowd level and the place you are ordering from may impact that.

It's inconvenient, but if it really bothers you, stop at the front desk every so often and pay off the room charges. They will accept cash & gift cards. Not sure about personal checks. Haven't tried that.
I wasn't aware it was charging to the room, I thought it was direct to cc. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

I wasn't aware it was charging to the room, I thought it was direct to cc. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
I thought they charged to room. If not, that's disappointing. I may not remember correctly, but I thought our mobile orders were charged to the room when we were there last December. Perhaps those who say charges are going direct to cc, didn't have that set up correctly?

It looks like last November the option only became available to have a resort room chargeback before that it was not an option and the CC on file was charged automatically.

However in order to take advantage of resort room charge back you need to do to have created a a MagicMobile Pass at least according to a website I'm reading from which is done through MDE.

The website I'm reading from says "You can also now use MagicMobile to charge purchases to the payment card on file at your Disney hotel room during your stay." which doesn't IMO lend to saying it just sits on as a room charge but I'll defer to those who have done that before to know how that part works.

It charges whatever card is associated with your MDE account. If you want to use a different card, you have to type it in every time. I use gift cards usually and just have the number in my notes app so I can copy/paste it in quickly.

I thought they charged to room. If not, that's disappointing. I may not remember correctly, but I thought our mobile orders were charged to the room when we were there last December. Perhaps those who say charges are going direct to cc, didn't have that set up correctly?
It charges the card associated with your MDE account. I’ve never seen a place on the order form to charge it to your room.

Mobile order has to be paid for directly to CC. At least that is what happens for me. No option to go to the MB.

You might be able to enter a GC but never tried that.

You might be able to enter a GC but never tried that.
Guests can choose to use a gift card for mobile food and merchandise orders. However, the gift card value cannot be preloaded into MDE. So, if multiple cards are required to cover the balance, a guest needs to answer each card number.

My friend ended up having to buy me lunch since her app decided to work. With issues like that I can definitely see why people are hesitant to use mobile order, especially with larger groups.
Is this a huge problem though? Here in NOLA we have an incredibly popular delivery place that's cash only and won't split orders. Lots of times on game nights or whatever we put in an order for 5 or 10 people. Most have cash on hand and we just throw in however much we owe, but invariably a couple of people (different ones different times) don't have cash. So somebody with spare cash covers them and they immediately Venmo/PayPal that person. Why wouldn't that work in these situations? Your friend pays, you send her the money electronically, everyone's square.

Is this a huge problem though? Here in NOLA we have an incredibly popular delivery place that's cash only and won't split orders. Lots of times on game nights or whatever we put in an order for 5 or 10 people. Most have cash on hand and we just throw in however much we owe, but invariably a couple of people (different ones different times) don't have cash. So somebody with spare cash covers them and they immediately Venmo/PayPal that person. Why wouldn't that work in these situations? Your friend pays, you send her the money electronically, everyone's square.
When I wrote that I was more annoyed that my app didn't work and the employee rudely told me I couldn't order inside more than anything. My friend bought me lunch and I bought her dinner later so it worked out but I assume a lot of large groups that go to WDW/Universal don't want to deal with the hassle of trying to figure out Venmo/Paypal while they're in the middle of a busy, hot theme park. I don't travel in a large group so I don't have experience with that. I do what you suggested at restaurants outside of Disney when I'm with friends and it works out great. I'm just unsure if people that travel in parties of 10+ want to figure that out at Disney/Universal and would just be easier for them to order at the register.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter