Inside Out 2

AstroBlasters

DIS Veteran
Just a quick note that we watched the movie today with the family and everyone really enjoyed it.

My 10 year old enjoyed it, but my 14/15 year old seemed to really relate to it.

Also, there were some parts that made fun of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in a cheeky way that the adults and older kids found really funny.

Highly recommend if you liked the first movie.

(I’m willing to forgive the slightly ridiculous story plot that there are High School girls hockey teams in the Bay Area).

Last edited:
Just a quick note that we watched the movie today with the family and everyone really enjoyed it.

My 10 year old enjoyed it, but my 14/15 year old seemed to really relate to it.

Also, there were some parts that made fun of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in a cheeky way that the adults and older kids found really funny.

Highly recommend if you liked the first movie.

(I’m willing to forgive the slightly ridiculous story plot that there is are High School girls hockey teams in the Bay Area).
We'll be taking my granddaughter (4) to see it this weekend. She loves the first one, even if she doesn't really get the "coming of age" aspects of it. That's the genius of Pixar IMO, making movies that everyone from toddlers to adults can enjoy.

I'm glad to see it doing so well in theaters.

The whole scene in the vault had me laughing. Overall, I enjoyed it, but the first one is a movie that makes me cry every single time I watch it. I didn't find myself getting emotional with the 2nd one. My daughter is almost 12 now, so I expected to get the pre-teen mom feels more than I did.
I don't feel like this one leaned too hard into the parental relationship aspect. But, as someone who personally struggles with anxiety, that plot really hit home and did make the tears come.

I didn't watch the first one. Now I need to, and then see the 2nd. All the reviews are so good.
If you like Pixar in general I highly recommend the first one. Not one of their all time classics, but very entertaining IMO and the different ways they represent how the girl's emotions and memories work are quite clever. Great voice cast too.

I don't feel like this one leaned too hard into the parental relationship aspect. But, as someone who personally struggles with anxiety, that plot really hit home and did make the tears come.
I too struggle with anxiety, and I thought they did a great job with that aspect of it. Especially the scene where it gets at it's worst. I felt heard and also my DH has a better understanding of how I feel during those times. :)

I didn't watch the first one. Now I need to, and then see the 2nd. All the reviews are so good.
They're two of the best Pixar/Disney movies IMO. The writers packed so many great moments and clever things into the world, it makes them great to rewatch.

Saw it Saturday and really liked it. However, I think it could have done a bit more on the Riley side of things. The new characters outside the mind were a bit one dimensional.

facebook twitter