Info on CC price rises?

Jaga

Earning My Ears
Much has been said recently about the point rises for the DC (GF 60% and Y/BC 37%) and ultimately all will be revealed in the near future with the publication of the 2002 point chart

Is the 2002 CC point chart available yet? Has this also resulted in large % increases.

Personally I think that increases to the CC, DCL and adventure packages is likely to hurt the value of membership far greater as this facility represents an interesting alternative for potential members to stay at top class accomodations outside WDW.

I note the specific price rises for DC mentioned by members of the board. Has anyone had specific feedback about the CC and reservations dates or changes in cruise prices? Particularly the Tanque Verde Ranch........

Thanks for the info.

Nearly DVC but now a fly in the ointment ?!?!.......

Jaga

Also can anyone direct me to the 2002 DVC resort point chart

I thought they couldn't raise the overall points for the year, just redistribute them?????

Laura

Princess Angel,

Points can not be 'increased' but can be redistibuted for a DVC resort.

Non-DVC resorts are renegotiated every year and are subject to point increases.

Originally posted by princess angel
I thought they couldn't raise the overall points for the year, just redistribute them?????
The DVC resort points cannot be raised overall but could be adjusted. That's not true of any other points options.

I spoke with my guide today about all the hubbabaloo. Yes, there are some significant changes to the DC but they are definitely not that extreme. Many times have gone down and value season has been extended quite a bit longer. The regular CC has not really been affected that much at all. Most noticeably the White Swan Inn has now split their year into two different point values. Used to be 25 points all year long and is now 25 points for slow season and 28 points for high season. The Hawaii CC have risen a couple points but again nothing dramatic. So, you should be fine budgeting by last year's point costs and won't be that far off, if at all. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter