Indoor NFL Stadiums

Thanks. We’re keeping an eye on the NY Thruway live cameras. The one near Angola today, you couldn’t see anything whatsoever.

Yep, I checked the cameras out a few times today. That was pretty much the view outside my house most of the day. And some people think it would have been so easy to see a football on tv. When you couldn’t even see a semi truck on the thruway cameras. :rolleyes: There’s still a travel ban in most of Erie County, they hope to lift it by 7 AM. Safe travels when you can.

Screenshot_20240115_085225.jpg

We came in at #1 with 42" but some of this seems off. Not sure how Orchard park only has 17 recorded.

But roads are cleared here and husband made it to 8am doctor appointment without trouble so I assume by this afternoon things will be in good shape for the game.

NHL Buffalo Sabres had a home game on Saturday and one is today. I suppose the snow wasn’t bad enough yet on Saturday.

NHL Buffalo Sabres had a home game on Saturday and one is today. I suppose the snow wasn’t bad enough yet on Saturday.

It wasn't bad on Saturday night until a little later, plus the Sabres play in the city of Buffalo which actually doesn't get a ton of snow typically. The bills play in orchard park and they get hit with a lot of lake effect like where I live. They were actually pretty smart building the city right on the lake because most of the lake effect passes them by and dumps on all the surrounding outer suburbs and rural areas.

This was some of the 11am totals on WGRZ. My niece is a block away from the stadium, she definitely has more than 17”.
IMG_6046.jpeg

No, it hadn’t even started yet. Saturday’s Sabres game was an afternoon game. Snow wasn’t projected to start til the evening. There was no snow at the arena during the game. Heavy snow started in some areas south of the city during the 2nd period. My sister, her son & granddaughter were at the game. They left when we told her how heavy it was snowing down here. My nephew lives 40 minutes south of the city, my sister about 20 minutes further. They drove thru heavy snow thru 2 suburbs, but there light snow before they got to my nephew’s house & almost nothing at my sister’s.

These lake effect storms are usually narrow bands. There are huge differences in how much snow areas get depending where these bands set up & that depends which way the wind blows off the lake. Respectfully disagreeing with @firefly_ris, but parts of the city, especially South Buffalo, get their share of lake effect snow. I‘m retired from 1 of the inner city hospitals & over the years I was stuck at work & in my car on city streets more than once during these storms.

No, it hadn’t even started yet. Saturday’s Sabres game was an afternoon game. Snow wasn’t projected to start til the evening. There was no snow at the arena during the game. Heavy snow started in some areas south of the city during the 2nd period. My sister, her son & granddaughter were at the game. They left when we told her how heavy it was snowing down here. My nephew lives 40 minutes south of the city, my sister about 20 minutes further. They drove thru heavy snow thru 2 suburbs, but there light snow before they got to my nephew’s house & almost nothing at my sister’s.

These lake effect storms are usually narrow bands. There are huge differences in how much snow areas get depending where these bands set up & that depends which way the wind blows off the lake. Respectfully disagreeing with @firefly_ris, but parts of the city, especially South Buffalo, get their share of lake effect snow. I‘m retired from 1 of the inner city hospitals & over the years I was stuck at work & in my car on city streets more than once during these storms.

That is true. I moved here in 2006 just in time for the October storm and I lived on the west side at my brother in laws place at the time. That was a mess. I am unfortunately not super familiar with South Buffalo. My brother in law still lives off Richmond and I just feel like we always get slammed and they don't.

Yep, I checked the cameras out a few times today. That was pretty much the view outside my house most of the day. And some people think it would have been so easy to see a football on tv. When you couldn’t even see a semi truck on the thruway cameras. :rolleyes: There’s still a travel ban in most of Erie County, they hope to lift it by 7 AM. Safe travels when you can.
He left about 10:30 or so and looks like he’s around Fredonia at this point (thanks Life360 😉) so he seems to be making good time so far. He’s hoping to get past Orchard Park before game traffic picks up.

Required by who?
Government? Absolutely not.
NFL? They can, but don't know if they should. What would be the dividing line on if a team is required to have an indoor stadium?
Teams? They can have one, they should need to pay for it.
Fans? If they don't want to go out in the elements, sit at home and watch on TV.
The NFL. They would have the authority to do this or take away home playoff games for outdoor teams when the weather is bad.

No, I don't think they should take them away. But I think they should require teams offer refunds on tickets if the weather is that bad or there's a state of emergency.

Question for Todd Bowles from a reporter.

This really happened!lol

“Looking forward to Detroit, the weather has been a factor in some of the playoff games, even for the most prepared teams. Today, it’s 13 in Detroit,” the reporter said. “Any special plans to acclimate the team to not only endure but perform in those kind of frigid temperatures should you face [the Lions] in Detroit?”

Bowles paused for a couple of seconds before responding.

“You do know we play indoors, right? They got a dome,” said Bowles, taken aback by the question.

Question for Todd Bowles from a reporter.

This really happened!lol

“Looking forward to Detroit, the weather has been a factor in some of the playoff games, even for the most prepared teams. Today, it’s 13 in Detroit,” the reporter said. “Any special plans to acclimate the team to not only endure but perform in those kind of frigid temperatures should you face [the Lions] in Detroit?”

Bowles paused for a couple of seconds before responding.

“You do know we play indoors, right? They got a dome,” said Bowles, taken aback by the question.
I can't find the quote, but there was a similar question asked about the college football championship, which was also played in a dome.

I can't find the quote, but there was a similar question asked about the college football championship, which was also played in a dome.

NRG has a retractable roof. Granted, it's closed more often than not, but I wonder if that interviewer thought they would have it open. I can't see how considering there was bad weather that day, but just a thought.

Bad weather in Buffalo again? TNT is showing Detroit Red Wings at Florida Panthers instead of advertised Chicago Blackhawks at Buffalo Sabres. They said the latter game is postponed until tomorrow.

NBA postponement. Golden State Warriors at Utah Jazz due to sudden death of assistant GS coach. No makeup date announced yet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/ot...id=6a2bdea66d344ce9a3129f5d53125d13&ei=7&rc=1

Some of the players got frost bite during the game Sunday. But before people demand domed stadiums, maybe the coaches should insist that their players wear long sleeves.

Wonder how much more snow Buffalo will get before next Sunday's game.

As I said, I’m 5 miles from the stadium. We got 26” last night. The snow and moved north into the city & northern suburbs during the day. Supposed to head back this way anytime now & go a bit further south overnight. They’re saying another 12-18” possible between now & Friday morning. One meteorologist said my town will probably have 85” between last Saturday & this Friday. It all depends on how fast or slow the snow band passes over. We’re in one of the hardest hit areas, most of the city & northern suburbs have just a few inches. There is NO snow projected for Sunday, temps at game time in the 20s.

Just because games are in domes doesn't mean weather can't play a factor. Who remembers the 2008 SEC Tournament at the Georgia Dome? The quarter final game that got interrupted when a tornado went overhead?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/ot...id=6a2bdea66d344ce9a3129f5d53125d13&ei=7&rc=1

Some of the players got frost bite during the game Sunday. But before people demand domed stadiums, maybe the coaches should insist that their players wear long sleeves.

Wonder how much more snow Buffalo will get before next Sunday's game.
Neither team is confirming this and the Chiefs didn’t have it on any of the injury reports. If they are talking frost nip where your skin gets tingling and red (basically what we all get playing in snow) maybe. Players weren’t standing around though, they were in their huge heated jackets as soon as they walked off the field and sitting on the heated benches (which are hot enough to burn you) during the game. The player interviews said the main discomfort was kicking the ball, catching hard passes, and getting hit in those temps.
This guy was literally someone saying oh yeah I heard from some of my old friends that this happened. This show has some of the most garbage claims on it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter