• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

In debt and staying there!

nelson84

Mouseketeer
i plan on to continue to enjoy life. Why pay it off? You can always declare bankruptcy and walk from you debt. I’m going to ride it out see what happens.

I've heard those on traffic signalized intersections with a sign make really good money per hour and non- taxable. Could he be on something (ethics not drugs)?

Why not just let society pay for your indulgences or just leave your debt for your kids? Seems to be a very common philosophy nowadays!

Why not just let society pay for your indulgences or just leave your debt for your kids? Seems to be a very common philosophy nowadays!

thankfully kids aren't responsible for their parent's debts (unless they co-signed) but having had to deal w/both a live family member who took this attitude (and their creditors kept hounding ME with calls) and one who passed where i had to deal w/settling the 'estate' (again-bill collectors) it will permanently negatively cloud my memories of them for what they CHOSE to put me through.

Though kids often end up paying for funeral expenses of selfish parents which are quite costly. And kids learn what they live so thus begins a vicious cycle of debt and feelings of entitlement. I’ve seen it way too often.

Though kids often end up paying for funeral expenses of selfish parents which are quite costly. And kids learn what they live so thus begins a vicious cycle of debt and feelings of entitlement. I’ve seen it way too often.

one of the ones i mentioned-died in a state where the law mandates 'next of kin' to pay for 'disposition' expenses. myself and another sibling were shocked to get a call from a coroner's office informing of the death/putting us on legal notice that unless we could prove we weren't the legal next of kin (we were by that state's definition) and made disposition arrangements/provided proof w/in something like 72 hours that county would do it, we could and would be charged with a criminal misdemeanor as well as paying 3x whatever the county paid to have it done.

yup-google searched that law and found it real and that the county the relative died in was not playing games, they enforced it. so despite being distantly related and maybe actually never meeting let alone knowing a relative-you can be on the hook for their final expenses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter