I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderful cool Mouse!

WizardLarz

DIS Veteran
I'm off to see Mickey, and all his friends at WDW.

Being the plain simple guy I am, I'll keep the Font simple also. I'm an over 40 guy who is still searching for his princess.
I got hooked on Disney in 2000 when I when with 4 other family members, because my mother was attending a convention in orlando! When I got home I spent my spare time thinking up ways they could improve things so my family and others would have more fun on their vacations!

1.1982, My dad said that we were going to visit grandma at her timeshare in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Plus he had gotten an invite to visit a timeshare in Orlando, and for listening he got 2-2day passes to WDW. He loved deals like this, it meant He would only need passes for us Kids. This was the second time we took a trip like this and he got some free stuff. In 1979 he and mom sat through another timeshare offer in Branson, MO. That time they got tickets for Silverdollar City.

There was only Magic Kingdom and Epcot at that time. I rememder my mom complaining about all the walking in MK, she had just reccently had leg surgery. The next day when we got to Epcot an she saw how big it was, so she made dad rent a wheel chair and us kids took turns pushing mom around the World Showcase.:rolleyes1

#2 Trip in fall 2000, there are now 4 Parks!:thumbsup2 My Mom sings in a Sweet Adelines chorus http://www.sweetadelineintl.org/, and their chorus had won the regional competition and would be going to Orlando,FL. So she offers to take any of us Kids. (None of us under 20.:rolleyes1) So by age, Mom, older Sister, Me, youngest Sister, and Older Sister's son.

The trip was in October, the weather was the regular afternoon rain showers, but real plessant temps. Mom only got 3 days in the parks before her competition.
We did Ak, got soaked on Kali :-)umbrella:Nope that won't help!), enjoyed the Safari and Planet watch, and the Gals got scared in Bug!:laughing: The next day we did DHS, could not get mom or my younger sister on ToT, but they rode Star Tours and Dinosuar the day before.:confused3 Last day with mom was MK, did SM (no mom), BTMR(no mom), Splash, Pirates, Jungle and saw all the shows. Us kids and nephew did Epcot the last day and just rode almost all the rides. I say almost because the brand new Test Track, it was down.:confused: It was one of two rides that I was determined to do. (The other was Tower of Terror, which ROCKED! We road twice in a row and would have done more but mom reminded us that there was the rest of this whole new park to finish exploring.) :hug:You gotta love your mom. She has the kindest way of pointing out the right choice!:laundy:

At least this break was not as long as the last one!popcorn::
At the end of January 2008 the owner of the resturant where I was working told us that he was going to close the store at the end of April. I decided to take a break before I started looking for a new job.:beach:
And then it hit me!:idea: I haven't been on a vacation in over 8 years. Bing!:idea: I'll do Disney again! Plus If I go Solo, I won't have to wait for anyone and I can go where I want! So I finailly picked June 18th to 23rd. The cheapest spot at Disney; Fort Wilderness Campgrounds, not a problem, I was once a Boy Scout!
Then after more checking I find the Disney Plus Dining Plan. This would work great I eat breakfast at the camp site and a CS lunch and then a TS dinner. :thumbsup2
All I had left was how to get there, airfare (AT thru Disney$385, SW$360) wow! Drive It? I ran the numbers and :drive: add two more days on to the trip.
I wish that I had some pictures of the drive. The part between Murfreesboro,TN thru to Atlanta,GA. is a great drive, UP and Down the southern part of the Appalachian Mountains. I plan to take that same drive some Fall just to see those hills and valleys in the colors of the Season!
popcorn::O.K. now that you are bored to tears. I'm going to take a short break, and figure out how to post pictures.:surfweb:

I can't seem to get the photos to transfer over from the DIS Photo Gallery. Oh well I guess words will have to do untill I figure it out.

2008 Solo Vacation
June 17th, a nice tuesday morning, left my place at about 8:30. Stopped for lunch (Subway) and gas in Nashville,TN about 12:30ish. Dinner was the second half of my Subway $5 footlong. I was thru Atlanta, GA about 5:30 and was suprised that I didn't hit a ton of traffic. 4 hours later I pulled into the KOA campgrounds in Cordele,GA. Put the tent up and was in the sack by10pm. Woke the next day to sunshine. took down the tent, ate, topped off my gas and was on my way by 8am. I arrived in Orlando about noon, did another gas fill-up and by time I arrive at the gates of Fort Wilderness it was 1:15 and I could already do check-in.

Well look at that!:cool1: I can now share photos!:woohoo:
Belle-in-blue.jpg

Jasmine.jpg

parade.jpg

BeautyBeast.jpg

These are a few random photos to test. More later

I just looked thru all my pictures and I don't have any of the Fort Widlerness area. I guess at the time I did not think it was important.:rolleyes:

My first picture was this one!
100_0161.jpg

After setting up my tent, I went and had a free meal at Planet Hollywood. Since I was solo the $15 Certificate from Disney, was good for a turkey burger, and a chocolate milk shake! I then went to DHS and road this first.
100_0185.jpg

To all Concerned: The year date in all the pictures should read 2008. Thank You.

I'm going to let the picture tell the story!
Magic Kingdom!
100_0191.jpg

100_0215.jpg

100_0216.jpg

Epcot!
100_0244.jpg

100_0251.jpg

100_0255.jpg

100_0264.jpg

Animal Kingdom!
100_0290.jpg

100_0290.jpg

100_0293.jpg

I did Animal Kingdom's Wild by Design tour to start the 19th and finished in Epcot!

I did not know about Star Wars Weekends untill I walked into DHS that first night and saw all the signage! Don't worry I did get some pictures!
100_0328.jpg

100_0333.jpg

100_0335.jpg

100_0337.jpg

Did the Extreme Stunt show while I waited for my autograph time to come up!

100_0344.jpg

100_0345.jpg

100_0360.jpg

And the trip ends :sad2:
100_0389.jpg

Can Anyone tell me where I found these guys?

100_0368.jpg

100_0372.jpg

100_0374.jpg

Coming Up! 2009, a return to STAR WARS WEEKEND!

A Star Wars Weekends Return!
Now that I've found Star Wars Weekends, I did some research and found out that I missed some of the fun.:confused: I missed hearing the Celebrity Talk Show, and the Hyper Space Hoopla! So I decided I needed to go back. when the Dates were posted I picked the first weekend, May 22 -24. In April they announce that along with the movie celebrities that this year people who voice characters from the Star Wars: The Clone Wars, would also be attending!:woohoo:

A Couple of notes: Travel dates May 20th - 27th, and I flew down this year! Just 2&1/2 hrs and I got on my first ride In Florida!:thumbsup2

This year another Bonus!:woohoo: Because they moved the Star Wars Weekends into May, the Flower and Garden Festival was still ongoing!:yay:

I was hoping for the overlap again in 2010, but it will not happen.:confused:
Do not worry pictures are on the way!

First a Question; Where did I find these?

100_0804.jpg

100_0816.jpg

100_0831.jpg

100_0841.jpg

100_0852.jpg

100_0861.jpg

Next Arrival and More

The First Picture!!

100_0419.jpg

The first ride!

100_0435.jpg

First Full Day

100_0439.jpg

100_0482.jpg

100_0491.jpg

Day 2 Star Wars Weekends begins

100_0520.jpg

100_0530.jpg

Gotta Love Darth Goofy!

100_0582.jpg

A Little Something for the ladies!

100_0693.jpg

100_0694.jpg

100_0695.jpg

Then a Star Wars special session with Ray Park ( Darth Maul )!

100_0689.jpg

I like this sign!
100_0670.jpg

Then lunch and more for the ladies!

100_0665.jpg

100_0629.jpg

100_0630.jpg

100_0631.jpg

100_0610.jpg

100_0622.jpg

The 24th was a blur, I took mostly night shots and they sucked!:headache:
If anyone can recomend a Camera that takes good night Photos for under $200, I thank you inadvance!
Let's see day five : A little Magic and more Countries!

100_0752.jpg

100_0756.jpg

100_0764.jpg

100_0767.jpg

At one point I did get a little worried for the guy!

and a few more flowers for the gals.

100_0774.jpg

100_0776.jpg

Can anyone tell me where I had Dinner?

100_0782.jpg

Just a few more.

:flower3:A final Fairwell!:flower3:

100_0784.jpg

100_0796.jpg

The moring of my flight I stowed my bag and went and road Everest one last time. Then came back to the resort for lunch and walked around and snapped a few last pictures!

100_0863.jpg

100_0861.jpg

I have a pic of each sign. Just one off the little theme touches that Disney has at all their Resorts and Parks!

I have decided that this years I want to get 2 sets of celebrity autographs. So I chose the dates of May 18th - 28th.

I figure a split stay Boardwalk Villas and the Port Orleans French Quarter, that way I would get both Gift Cards for a total of $1250. Then next year in2011 I could stay at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds again for free!!

OK, maybe not for free but after using the GCs for food and fun at Disney I figured I'd have $500 left which would be almost half of a 2011 trip.

So I put the countdowns into my signature and answered a few questions about Star Wars weekends, while I waited for my funds, (CDs) to become availible. While I'm waiting somrone ask me if I'm renting points.:confused:

So I started looking into pricing and renting DVC points. Guess what? I'm now in the process of renting points. If everything works out I'll be doing BWV in a preffered studio for the full time May 18-28 for less than the package with the gift cards.:woohoo:

When: May 18th(Tues.) to May 28th(Fri.), 11 days and 10 nights!

Where: Boardwalk Villas, a Studio-Preferred View!

What: What Parks on what days?

18th: Arrival, check in at BWV, have lunch and then.....Magic Kingdom!

19th: Animal Kingdom for the first full day, and I'll try to make rope-drop!

20th: A rest day! I am on vacation after all! :beach: Plan to get some sun at Blizzard Beach. Do some window shopping at Down Town Disney. Plus maybe a little mini-golf!

21st: Star Wars Weekends starts, so Disney Hollywood Studios.

22nd: More Star Wars Weekends, so Disney Hollywood Studios once again.

23rd: Epcot for a leisurely stroll around the world, lunch in Germany and dinner in Great Britian.

24th: A Full Day in Magic Kingdom, starting with Rope-drop and ending with Wishes!

25th: Another rest day! :beach: Typhoon Lagoon, plus a little Disney Quest, and possibly La Nouba! ( I have not see this before..)

26th: Starting the day at Animal Kingdom and finishing at Epcot.

27th: More Magic Kingdom for my last full day!

28th: Star Wars Weekends at Disney Hollywood Studios for a second group of autographs, and then I must head home.:upsidedow

My current ADRs
Wed. 19th Tusker House - Lunch
Thurs. 20th Kouzzina - Breakfast
Fri. 21st Mama Melrose's - Dinner
Sat. 22nd Kouzzina - Dinner
Sun. 23rd Beirgarten - Lunch
Sun. 23rd Rose & Crown - Dinner
Mon. 24th Liberty Tree Tavern - Lunch
Tues. 25th Resturant Marrakesh - Dinner
Wed. 26th Rainforest Cafe - Breakfast
Wed. 26th Tusker House - Lunch
Wed. 26th Le Chefs de France - Dinner
Thurs. 27th Crystal Palace - Breakfast
Thurs. 27th Tony's Town Square - Dinner

Plus on thurs.20th I plan on having dinner at The Big River Grill & Brew Works!

These ressies have already been placed thru Disney's online center. I think that it works great! :thumbsup2

The one that I'm going to try and call and change later is one of the Tusker House lunches. I tried to get Boma for one of those days but the system said nothing was open. I plan on waiting untill closer to the trip. I want to try Boma to see how the two African Buffets compare. I also my just do a walk-up, I don't think it should be to hard to sit a solo person.

Change of plan! La Nouba is going to be closed May 23 - June 7. So I'm going to get tickets for either wed19 or thurs20.

Right now I'm thinking of adding another 5 days and staying at POFQ. If I do, that will put me at Disney untill June 2nd. I'm also thinking of looking at DVC. If I do DVC then I will not be adding on to my trip.:confused3 I'm really having a fun time trying to make all these decissions.:cool1:

I've gotten lucky my Family's Business has benifitted from the President's Economic Recovery, with the Roadway Works Act (that is not what it is called). The Business make Highway signs and the trusses that they go on over the highway. So this year the Dividends were three times what we've gotten the past 3 years. So I have a little extra money, Which is why I'm looking at DVC. I figure if I buy now I'll have a place and a reason to go back to Disney every Year!:woohoo:

Star Wars Weekends! The list of Celebrity Guest came out today! So now I can start looking for Photographs to get signed. :woohoo:

:furious: I'm just an little mad. Why they can't have the celebrity line-up at the same time they put out the Dates!? :mad: I'm gonna miss the chance to meet Billy Dee Williams, one of the original big name actors! :furious:

I'm curious to find out if the Clone War celebrities will be signing autographs. Last year they did not. If everyone signs that will be 5 people to get autographs from, which might require 2 days! Good thing I've already planned 2 days at DHS for the first weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter