• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

It could be interesting to see what happens at Port Orleans. I feel like part of Riverside has potential to be on a retheme target list. FQ is pretty safe, thematically, but the Magnolia Bend section of Riverside has some increasingly awkward associations. They already pushed back when they "combined" the resorts and eliminated the Dixie Landings name 20 years ago. The original backstory for that theme was built around a slavery-era cotton plantation. But aside from the rename they didn't do much else, and then they had the extended shutdown of the resort after 9/11. They've carried on ever since.

Given the re-theme of Splash Mountain, I'd not be shocked to find them pushing back further from plantation themes at Riverside. If you look at a map, it wouldn't be that hard to create some separation and turn Magnolia Bayou into an area for a DVC, much as they tore down part of CBR to build RIV: https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/port-riverside.htm

You could put three tower rooms into one OKW studio. And you have two real beds, no convertible beds.
I actually wish OKW had a murphy bed for the second bend. Then it would look less like a hotel room and one could have more usable space if the second bed is not needed. And since they use real mattresses for the murphy beds, I have found they are pretty much as comfortable as the regular beds.

Now sofa beds I don't like at all. I can never get good sleep on those and my back always ends up hurting! So at least OKW doesn't have those in the studios.

I actually wish OKW had a murphy bed for the second bend. Then it would look less like a hotel room and one could have more usable space if the second bed is not needed. And since they use real mattresses for the murphy beds, I have found they are pretty much as comfortable as the regular beds.

Now sofa beds I don't like at all. I can never get good sleep on those and my back always ends up hurting! So at least OKW doesn't have those in the studios.

That would probably be a good and reasonable change to the OKW studios. The murphy beds use "real" mattresses so it would not be giving that up and would be adding a sofa option for those who would only use one bed.

You could put three tower rooms into one OKW studio. And you have two real beds, no convertible beds.
RIV Tower = 255 (some sites say 220) sq feet.
OKW Studio = 390 sq feet.
A bit of enjoyable hyperbole - closer to 1.5-2 Towers fit in a OKW studio but yes... Towers are dinky and OKW has the second largest Studios at WDW (right after Riviera's Deluxe Studios which are 423 sq feet).
In July we're going to give all the room sizes a feel at our home resort - doing a split stay with 2 nights Tower, 2 nights Deluxe Studio and 5 nights in a 2 bedroom lock-off so we can check out what a 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom feel like.

A bit of enjoyable hyperbole - closer to 1.5-2 Towers fit in a OKW studio but yes... Towers are dinky and OKW has the second largest Studios at WDW (right after Riviera's Deluxe Studios which are 423 sq feet).
In July we're going to give all the room sizes a feel at our home resort - doing a split stay with 2 nights Tower, 2 nights Deluxe Studio and 5 nights in a 2 bedroom lock-off so we can check out what a 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom feel like.
Oh what a great idea!

Our December trip is still in limbo, but if we go we have a similar set up. The last weekend of Nov we're doing a slightly late Thanksgiving with South FL family in a preferred two-bed lockoff (thanks "free" 2019 points!), then we have a week in a standard studio. So we'll get to see 3 room types and the two view categories, but alas no tower studio. Mom-in-law was supposed to come and stay in a tower studio during the week and hang out with us but she can't make it!

Now that Spirit Of Aloha is no more, the long rumored Poly Tower may come to be. It’s a prime location and would sell like hot cakes.
Oh I had not seen this announcement. I’m sorry to see it go. I know it was not as popular as Hoop De Doo, but we loved the Spirit of Aloha.

Oh I had not seen this announcement. I’m sorry to see it go. I know it was not as popular as Hoop De Doo, but we loved the Spirit of Aloha.

The staff was laid off. I guess they could get rehired, but my guess is they are not coming back.

I think they will bring back some sort of Luau dinner show, or character dining, after the Poly construction is over. I think they let the show performers go as part of the fact Poly is not going to be fully open for several months.

That being said, if they put in a Poly tower with 1br and 2br units I would be interested for sure.

PVB has the largest studios at WDW 447 sq ft, 2nd is RIV 423 sq ft OKW is 3rd at 390 sq ft.
HHI has the largest studios at 455 sq fr.

Man, I get why people would want a Poly tower, but it would be such a weird shift in the resort as a whole. That resort IS longhouses. I can't shake how weird it would feel to look up and see this tower looming overhead.

I'm sure I'd come around on a well-executed tower, but it would be a very different resort.

There's no money, and Disney isn't building anything but Star Wars and DL right now. They have to repackage a wing of something already built.

Said it before, and I'll say it again, if they want to make a Star Wars DVC wing, they can take all my credits now.

Heck, they could sell ONE ROOM and then put it on all the marketing materials, like the tiny club level at Jambo.

Last edited:
I think an addition to the Poly might work where the Spirit of Aloha dinner show is located, if they ever did away with that. I think they would need to add a third pool since it is a little bit further away from the GCH, but I don’t think it would mess with the Poly vibe too much if it was done well, something about the size of the VGF addition. A BLT type tower would be an abomination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter