I also think room conversions might be back. More at WL? BC? PVB? Or delve into YC although I think that's less likely than the others. They still seem to be moving forward with the new build at DL so they'll have points for sale and might just want to supplement with converting at WDW.
I know it is unlikely to happen but I would buy at the yacht club the day they went on sale if the point charts & dues matched beach clubs.

The BC is just way to expensive with the amount of years left on it.

very little interest in boardwalk unless they did a complete overhaul of the pool area and or converted the cottages into DVC.

Stupid question, but what is BB and CS?
Not my post but I’m guessing the poster is referring to one of the 2 green spaces near Blizzard Beach and Coronado Springs. Whether either is suitable land for construction, I have no idea. Much of the unbuilt land at WDW is unsuitable for (affordable) construction.

YC definitely won't convert. It would be putting a knife in the convention business. One of the reasons YC is so hard to typically book now is because it is often 1/3-2/3 blocked for convention room blocks. Big stuff typically takes almost all of YC, with large hunks of BWI and BC as well, plus stuff at Swolphin. While there is the new third-party build near Swolphin, I can't see Disney just conceding the room blocks to Marriott.

I know it is unlikely to happen but I would buy at the yacht club the day they went on sale if the point charts & dues matched beach clubs.

The BC is just way to expensive with the amount of years left on it.

very little interest in boardwalk unless they did a complete overhaul of the pool area and or converted the cottages into DVC.

No new DVC property will ever match the point chart at BCV. DVD can't wait for 2042 to arrive soon enough just to get rid of the point charts at BCV & BWV.

LAX

I would love to have a smidgen of your optimism!

I fully expect any remodel / repackage of BWV / BCV to have points charts to match or possibly exceed RIV. I'll be enjoying the heck out of my BWV points for the next 20 or so years, because we may be priced out in 2042!
Exactly. Greed will win out here.

Studios are always at a premium so they might think about building more at existing resorts, either using existing hotel rooms or building new. Another idea would be to add some DVC rooms at the moderate resorts.

Studios are always at a premium so they might think about building more at existing resorts, either using existing hotel rooms or building new. Another idea would be to add some DVC rooms at the moderate resorts.
I can’t see them adding DVC at any of the moderates as it is sold as a premium experience and I think it could have the potential to devalue DVC.

Copper creek matched Boulder Ridge so never say never. A girl can dream.

I think they were willing to do that there because of the cabins as it allowed them to sell so many more points they didn’t need to inflate the point charts,

Yeah, I really think they can not wait to move those two resorts into the new age of high point stays!

I think they were willing to do that there because of the cabins as it allowed them to sell so many more points they didn’t need to inflate the point charts,

Yeah, I really think they can not wait to move those two resorts into the new age of high point stays!
I don’t understand why you people can’t let me live in Fantasy land over here. 😂

Sorry....scrap what I said! YC is up next with OKW point charts! Lol

While we are at it, there will be no more resale restriction and free 5-day Park Hopper passes (or was it APs?) if you purchase at least 200 points (what was the original offer?).

LAX

I’m still holding out hope for a Poly tower that would include 1BR-GV options. I would buy points there!! I’ve seen rumors that one was planned and shelved due to Covid. If they had more to offer than the studios and Bungalows, we would probably never stay anywhere else.

We were all set to buy at Poly when they first announced it, got put in the waiting list for “first to be notified” and all...... then they came out and said studios and bungalows only. We slammed the brakes on that REAL quick. I need to have villa options, I was so disappointed they went that route.

While we are at it, there will be no more resale restriction and free 5-day Park Hopper passes (or was it APs?) if you purchase at least 200 points (what was the original offer?).

LAX

Length of stay I believe. And might have been for 1/2 the occupants or occupancy?

I can’t see them adding DVC at any of the moderates as it is sold as a premium experience and I think it could have the potential to devalue DVC.
However... what if they were to convert just Port Orleans French Quarter? It's removed enough from Riverside that it could act as the slightly more premier DVC sister resort to Riverside. Add a table service, ideally create a point chart similar to OKW or SSR. I love the theming there and if that were made even more immersive, I could see that being pretty popular.

However... what if they were to convert just Port Orleans French Quarter? It's removed enough from Riverside that it could act as the slightly more premier DVC sister resort to Riverside. Add a table service, ideally create a point chart similar to OKW or SSR. I love the theming there and if that were made even more immersive, I could see that being pretty popular.
I’m not sure a bus only resort that was similar in points to SSR but had smaller rooms and fewer amenities would be that popular. Maybe if the point chart was even better than OKWs? 🤷‍♂️

I’m not sure a bus only resort that was similar in points to SSR but had smaller rooms and fewer amenities would be that popular. Maybe if the point chart was even better than OKWs? 🤷‍♂️
I'm not suggesting selling it as is. The rooms would need to be gutted or rebuilt, add balconies, diversify the room types, etc. And add to the amenities, but equivalent to the other Sassagoula River DVC properties, then price it accordingly.

Build a DVC next to a moderate and then set the room rate close to OKW and SSR. Have you seen the rates at RIV which was build on a moderate resort property. They knocked down CBR hotel buildings and built RIV. The days of new low point resorts are gone. CCV would have been higher if they didn’t add on the Cabins. RIV closet studios aka Tower studios are more points than SSR standard, OKW and AKV standard studio rooms. I think DVC has shifted and will be building high point resorts. They kind of need to, to justify the high price per point costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter