I will not panic yet...booked on Air Canada

MaryannF

<font color=purple>Very interesting...<br><font co
I booked a flight for August on Air Canada. I saw on the news tonight that a judge has given AC until midnight tomorrow to come to a deal with the pilot's union. If a deal cannot be reached Sunday will be the day to decide if AC needs to be declared bancrupt and liquidated. Deep breath... I will not panic. I booked the flight through Sears Travel on my Sears card. I haven't got the bill yet. I don't know what happens if AC goes under. My daughter is beside herself. She got accepted to 3 universities today but the AC news has put a damper on the excitement.

My friend is flying to a funeral in Halifax on Sunday, and she is also worried. Fingers crossed!!

I have my January flights booked with A/C:rolleyes:

It's a wait and see game now!

As long as you have insurance, you should fair OK.

But I know, we are not left with too many options as it is!

Scratch
:smooth:

I'm supposed to be flying out on Tuesday and my family is all but packed. I don't think my 6 year old daughter will understand not going. And I'm going to lose $$$ on my Discovery Cove booking.

I'm looking at driving to Seattle and connecting through Denver as my only reasonable alternative. :(

Let's send out happy and 'cooperative' vibes to our friendly pilots!

Hi all,

My brother is a Captain for Air Canada - he says it does not look good :(

I booked my flights last December - for this August... on my Visa.

Apparently if you are booked through a major credit card you can dispute the charges if the airline liquifies and ceases operations. I am not sure about Sears.

Good Luck, fingers crossed for Air Canada - I am thinking with the magnitude of people this would affect, Pilots, flight attendants, mechanics, luggage handlers, caterers, airport personnel, reservationists... and so on - the government will step in on this one.

>>^..^<<

I too have family at Air canada, and if the worst happens and it is liqidated it will be back up and running in a different form within a week or so. Too bad the pilots are holding the rest of the company hostage!!! It affects so many employees and ticket holders!:mad:

Just picked up my tickets from my TA for my trip to Europe in 2 weeks. And yep I am supose to fly with Air Canada. According to my TA if AC goes under it is up to Cosmos to find my alternate air transportation (they were the ones that booked the air). The alternate air flight might not be a diect one. Keeping fingers crossed.

Breaking News!

It looks like a last minute (plus three hours) deal was made between the pilots' union and Air Canada.

It still needs to be agreed to by the members of the union, but business as usual seems to be the order of the day.

the members voting.

But at least it's good news for those that are travelling in the very near future!

Happy and Safe Flying!

Scratch

I know I just went to edit the stupid thing and screwed that up also. LOL I went to start a new topic. I think I need more sleep. Alright I am under control now.

I'm not sure that AC is out of the woods yet but I'm breathing a little easier. I went with AC because I got a better fare than Air Transat was offering for the same time. My husband was asking me about what would happen if I had to cancel my WDW reservation if AC goes under just before we leave. I've asked him to think good thoughts!!

Any thoughts on what the odds are that the flight schedules to MCO will change when Air Canada "re-organizes"?

It's bad enough that they only have the two flights to choose from right now.:eek:

Let's think Happy Thoughts! for this one.

Scratch

Originally posted by DisneyLisa
Any thoughts on what the odds are that the flight schedules to MCO will change when Air Canada "re-organizes"?

I wish they'd make the 8PM flight a little earlier and the 7AM flight a little later. I guess we should be greatful that they're flying at all :rolleyes:

I agree bunnyfoo.

We leave Ottawa on Oct 17th at 6pm (leaving Toronto at 7:03 pm) & arrive in MCO at 10:30 pm. On the 26th we leave MCO at 8:00 am...couldn't get the 2:00 pm flight with Aeroplan :( so I'd definitely love the 8 am flight to leave a little later :). The 6 pm flight on the Friday is OK because I don't want DD to miss any more school than she has to...but even if it was a little earlier I could pull her out of school early if I have to (just don't want her to miss the whole day). I just wonder if they'll cut back on flights & maybe combine the 2 flights each day...someone mentioned that to me last night & I just wondered what everyone thinks the chances are.

Well, if they combine flights, they'll definetly be flying full planes to Orlando ... but that could mean fewer Aeroplan/Air Mile seats available. I'm hoping for an October or December trip so I'm keeping my eye on the situation.

It is settled for the moment (don't assume everything in the paper is true) still are big problems among unions. So yes they will keep flying, but think of all the pilots being laid off so one would have to assume that there are less planes flying and less rroutes available.:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter