I want my magic band+

Well they clearly aren’t shipping in any order. I ordered well before you and arrive a week before you. Mine are still lost in processing land - what a waste of money
They had issues with the solid color bands and the 50th bands (Partners, Minnie Mouse). They had to update the firmware on each one of these before sending them out.

This might be the reason some people are getting their's before yours. If their order didn't include those, and yours did.

They had issues with the solid color bands and the 50th bands (Partners, Minnie Mouse). They had to update the firmware on each one of these before sending them out.

This might be the reason some people are getting their's before yours. If their order didn't include those, and yours did.

We ordered 4 park and orange bird so idk. I had heard about the solid color band issues but not the 50th. We were going to get the castle 50th but switched to orange at last minute

We ordered 4 park and orange bird so idk. I had heard about the solid color band issues but not the 50th. We were going to get the castle 50th but switched to orange at last minute
It was first the colored ones, then people found issues with the 50th ones. What people were speculating is that Disney created the 50th bands and the solid colored ones first, like 9-10 months ago, and they've been sitting around waiting for Disney to put them on sale. The firmware on them was very old and had to be updated manually.

Looks like you have 'newer' ones, so not sure. Maybe Disney is personally out to get you? Lol.

Called earlier today to check on the status/see if they would change my shipping method to my hotel since my trip is a week out. A very kind cast member told me that they were behind on shipping due to the volume of orders (not sure that’s the whole reason from the tone she used but I didn’t press her), but that they expected to ship their backlog in waves in the early part of next week and I should expect an email with a tracking number by Wednesday.

I asked if she could change the shipping method since I probably wouldn’t get mine in time if that was the case. She said she couldn’t change it at this point, but once there was a tracking number which showed they wouldn’t come in time they could either send replacements to the resort or issue a full refund.

She also said that they are very aware that some people have tight timeframes for their trips and were prioritizing accordingly.

For context, I ordered mine on drop day at around 6:15 am - I ordered the blue partners & the pink 50th. My card initially showed a charge and then the charge disappeared. My order status has been listed as in progress since I placed the orders.

It seems like there are others that in similar situations so I hope that this helps folks out. It seems like there are a couple of options for those of us waiting with last minute trips so that we either get the bands in time via alternative delivery or a refund.

If folks want the phone number, let me know- wasn’t sure if I could post it as I don’t do a lot of posting and don’t know all the rules.

Called earlier today to check on the status/see if they would change my shipping method to my hotel since my trip is a week out. A very kind cast member told me that they were behind on shipping due to the volume of orders (not sure that’s the whole reason from the tone she used but I didn’t press her), but that they expected to ship their backlog in waves in the early part of next week and I should expect an email with a tracking number by Wednesday.

I asked if she could change the shipping method since I probably wouldn’t get mine in time if that was the case. She said she couldn’t change it at this point, but once there was a tracking number which showed they wouldn’t come in time they could either send replacements to the resort or issue a full refund.

She also said that they are very aware that some people have tight timeframes for their trips and were prioritizing accordingly.

For context, I ordered mine on drop day at around 6:15 am - I ordered the blue partners & the pink 50th. My card initially showed a charge and then the charge disappeared. My order status has been listed as in progress since I placed the orders.

It seems like there are others that in similar situations so I hope that this helps folks out. It seems like there are a couple of options for those of us waiting with last minute trips so that we either get the bands in time via alternative delivery or a refund.

If folks want the phone number, let me know- wasn’t sure if I could post it as I don’t do a lot of posting and don’t know all the rules.
Thanks for the update. I emailed again and got the same response, that it was in process and because I ordered it more than 11 days out, it will be shipped to my address on file. Not holding out much hope unless they send the MB by overnight shipping. I’ve got 3 business days left before arrival. I also ordered at about 12:50am the “morning“ they were released. I couldn’t sleep that night and was reading the Dis when someone posted the site went live. I did get a confirmation and my card has been charged. We shall see…No point stressing about it now! I’m happy I’ll be at WDW in 5 days.

Why don’t they all have the same firmware? Do different bands do different things?

Why don’t they all have the same firmware? Do different bands do different things?
Different versions. So befor they pack them they upload and make sure things are up to date. But the ones packaged later might have had a updated version which the older bands will need to up load. (fixes for bugs and such).

it's pretty common for a new device to have updates right away after you take them out of the box.
I'm well aware of how updates of firmware work. Which is why it didn't make sense
I didn't understand why some could ship out and others couldn't
As you said, it's pretty common to have updates when you take devices out of a box. So wouldn't you just send the new firmware to the device when they are registered by the user? That's how all other devices work

I'm well aware of how updates of firmware work. Which is why it didn't make sense
As you said, it's pretty common to have updates when you take devices out of a box. So wouldn't you just send the new firmware to the device when they are registered by the user? That's how all other devices work
From what i have seen from people setting them up on YouTube after you connect it to the my Disney experience app it prompts you to update the firmware on the magic band.

From a few videos it seemed they had a decent size update, while others had a small update. Thus when getting them some took much longer to sync and used up more battery or needed to be charged. Ideally they don't want that to happen so they must have forced updates on the ones they could to limit this interaction and save battery on some bands. Ones that were already in stores (older) didn't get the bigger pre firmware.

Mine was at waiting to be picked up when we arrived.

MDE knew the serial and just needed to pair it and update it.

Also has a small name engraved on the back
So did you do anything to have it switched to resort delivery?
Or did they automatically do it for you due to your arrival date?

Ordered ours over a week ago and still in "pending". We arrive next Tuesday. Not hopeful they will arrive in time. Crazy that they can't just change the shipping address to the resort if they haven't even been packed yet. Hoping when they don't arrive at home in time, the resort can assist. 4 MB+ cost us over $130!

Ordered ours over a week ago and still in "pending". We arrive next Tuesday. Not hopeful they will arrive in time. Crazy that they can't just change the shipping address to the resort if they haven't even been packed yet. Hoping when they don't arrive at home in time, the resort can assist. 4 MB+ cost us over $130!

I ordered soon after becoming available to order and arrive Friday. Still not shipped. Did anyone’s status change to shipped since yesterday?

I ordered soon after becoming available to order and arrive Friday. Still not shipped. Did anyone’s status change to shipped since yesterday?

I just spoke with a CM from Shop Disney Parks regarding my MB+ order still pending. I still have a little over a month to wait but was still wondering about the status. She did say that if the bands are shipped but clearly will not arrive by the time of your trip, there is a chance they could replace them and have them sent to the resort. There are a few criteria that have to be met:

1. Shipped status but will not reach you in time.
2. They need at least two days to get you a replacement.
3. This replacement is only available if they have the same MB+ available in stock.

I don't know if there is any flexibility to replacing with a different band if your original one is not available. The CM didn't answer that question when I asked her.

Some posters said there were issues with Partners band, and a few others. Could be:
Internet fact vs real fact
Early firmware has issues pairing with some devices.
Early bands are so old, and stored so poorly the batteries can't be charged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter