I need your opinions or help

MickeysMommy

DIS Veteran
I am taking my mom down to WDW in Sept. We had already booked the DP and then it became free... :woohoo: Now, my question is that I usually don't eat breakfast or if I do, it's a muffin or croissant.

We are staying at CBR. Should we use a CS for breakfast and share and then one for lunch and share? We will most likely be eating breakfast the entire time at OPR at CBR. Our TS's are all dinners. I would say most of our lunches will be in the parks (most not all). But, if we share won't we have a ton of points left over? We are arriving on 9/13 and leaving the 20th.

Ideas?

Our family of 3 shared 1CS for breakfast, and 1 for lunch.

It worked well for us.

(It was when dessert was included for breakfast though, and we had fruit.)

Maybe share b'fast and lunch a couple of days if you're not feeling super hungry, or pay oop for b'fast, or bring b'fast bars to eat in room a couple days, or just skip b'fast and eat an early lunch a couple days. We noticed that OPR was super crowded in the mornings, so we didn't necessarily want to spend that much time there every day. And some mornings we weren't as hungry after a big dinner, so we didn't always eat breakfast. Another option would be to get breakfast in the parks - lots of CS places inside the parks have b'fast too. I was concerned about only having credits for two meals a day, but once we got there it became a non issue and we actually had some cs and snack credits left at the end. It's just a lot of food.

I'd start by sharing a breakfast credit. THen see how hungry you are at lunch...and consider sharing again. There is a ton of food on the plan, and unless you are a big eater you will have plenty.

If you share a credit at breakfast and another at lunch then use 2 TS for dinner, you will not have leftover credits at all. Even if you do end up with "extra" credits, why does it matter--they didn't cost you anything. If you have extra snacks, buy treats for the plane (cookies, rice krispie bars, bottled drinks). If you have extra CS, ask the person behind you in line whether they are on the plan. If not, treat them to lunch. We were the DVC people there last year when everyone seemed to be on free dining. A nice lady (who obviously had extra credits) got DD a drink in the park one day--made my day that someone would be so sweet!

We used the DDP for the first time last December. At home, we usually eat something very small for breakfast to hold us over for an early lunch, 11-12:00 and then eat around 6:00. We did about the same thing at Disney. Two meals a day. But at Disney we ate breakfast instead of lunch to energize us for the day, maybe got a snack around lunch time and planned a earlier dinner around 5 or 6 or so. This September when we go, I might try to follow our home schedule more to get the most out of the Dining Plan. You get more (in my mind) for lunch (with the dessert) then you do for bkfst. Some of the times when we used a CS for lunch we weren't even hungry by 5 0r 6 cuz of the amt of food you get, and we didn't want to be eating at 8:00 cuz that's not for us.
Do what's best for you and your family, think about when you'll be hungry and schedule accordingly. We never shared credits because we ate once in the morning/early afternoon then weren't hungry till dinner. If that won't work for you, yeah. I'd consider sharing!

Since the snacks on DDP have recently changed, you may be able to get muffins, or croissants at the resort and just use your snack credit for it. Check out the thread about the new snack choices on DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter