I m not at WDW- what do you do for your birthday?

needtoplan

Mouseketeer
Ok, so today I'm 44. I am a mom to kids 10 and 5. I'm a middle school teacher. It's been a long week. Just curious, how do you celebrate your birthday??
Thanks for any ideas!

Dinner in or out from my favorite restaurant :) and a day out somewhere local and fun - like a garden show or museum OR set up family photos as my “gift” I can never have to many family photos <3

Also my birthday. No huge plans today my youngest gave me a Disney gift card for our trip later this month and my middle kid is taking me to dinner if she gets off work on time.

Last 2 years, my spouse and I co-celebrated by throwing a Murder Mystery Party (with 4 course dinner one year and 4 course dessert the other) with our friends...my friends pitched in with some of the food and brought all the alcohol, so it was a fun time:)...and I got to take home all the leftover wine and sangria:)...

PS - My spouse created the mysteries, since we had 13 adults each time (12 players and my spouse, the game runner), and those boxed sets only do 8...I know that's not always available for everyone:)...

I'm your age, I haven't really celebrated a birthday in years.
It is in the summer so if it's on a weekend we are usually at our camp.
If it is during the week we just go out to dinner so I don't have to cook.

If I had a strenuous long week I'd maybe celebrate by having a spa day all by myself.
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday! I am in your age range as well, and we don't do much. The last two years I spent my birthday at a reservoir close to our house sitting in a folding chair while each of my kids did their final SCUBA certification dives. Sometimes, depending on the family schedule, it's just a regular day! But definitely try to go out to a restaurant that *you* like! :bday:

I usually get a facial or massage at a spa. Have a nice quiet lunch, then dinner with family or friends. Enjoy your day! :bday:

Happy Birthday!!
Sounds like you could use a massage or something!
I usually do a nice dinner out.

Ok, so today I'm 44. I am a mom to kids 10 and 5. I'm a middle school teacher. It's been a long week. Just curious, how do you celebrate your birthday??
Thanks for any ideas!

Happy birthday! I'm a sixth grade teacher. I totally get it. I have a summer birthday thought. (Don't hate me for it!)

Honestly, I'd probably want to take the day off and go somewhere for a facial or massage and out to lunch-splurging on whatever I want. If that wasn't a possibility, then I'd book a trip!

My birthday lines up with Spring Break most years, so we are traveling and doing whatever is on the itinerary for that day. I often don't even get a cake. DH's birthday we have a cake (that I make at home) and he picks what he wants for dinner - sometimes out, sometimes at home. Nothing special.

I'm a single mom. Because of that, I haven't really celebrated my birthday much in years. If it falls on a weekend, mostly I set aside the day to just be lazy - maybe take a nap, don't do any cooking, etc. If there is a good movie out, I might take DD and I out to the local movie theater that also serves food during the movie. If it falls during the work week, well, then it's generally just another day.

DD is 18 now - my gift request since she was about 10 is that she not complain about anything or be difficult at all for the day. :)

:bday:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter