I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how long for Jetblue points to post after payment? (I still haven't seen anything from their shopping portal and it's been weeks)

how long for Jetblue points to post after payment? (I still haven't seen anything from their shopping portal and it's been weeks)

I would just send them an inquiry. I had a transaction on the United shopping portal that didn't post after 3 weeks, and they manually credited me (it was an online Sam's Club purchase btw which doesn't surprise me given Sam's track record lately).

Hub account!! Personally I suggest and use Ally. (DoC has one report of it being a HP to open at Ally but I saw a few DPs on reddit that it does not. Don't sign up for overdraft protection!
Ally is interesting,from my 'small potatoes' perspective..... any reason not to go ahead and open an acct with them right now? they have some excellent rates overall

Ally is interesting,from my 'small potatoes' perspective..... any reason not to go ahead and open an acct with them right now? they have some excellent rates overall

We've had a savings account with Ally for two years and love them. I just told DH the other day that I feel like I get an email from them every other month saying they're upping our savings rate. We opened it at 1% and are now at 1.45%.

We've had a savings account with Ally for two years and love them. I just told DH the other day that I feel like I get an email from them every other month saying they're upping our savings rate. We opened it at 1% and are now at 1.45%.
That’s because the Fed is increasing the target range for the federal funds rate. Should get another 25 basis point increase next month. Most competitive banks are doing the same.

I'm seeing two different saving options on Ally, regular and IRA savings..... they're both at 1.45 right now (which is great) but which is preferable? I looked quite a bit online and can't find out too much about IRA savings acct. unless it's a regular IRA acct which it doesn't seem to be b/c it states you can withdraw anytime..... help!
and now I see they have a money market acct which is intriguing also....I'm confused.

Last edited:

Not that I know. Chance of a HP, data is slim, don't get overdraft protection to try to decrease that chance.

I'm seeing two different saving options on Ally, regular and IRA savings..... they're both at 1.45 right now (which is great) but which is preferable? I looked quite a bit online and can't find out too much about IRA savings acct. unless it's a regular IRA acct which it doesn't seem to be b/c it states you can withdraw anytime..... help!
and now I see they have a money market acct which is intriguing also....I'm confused.
On the surface it appears the IRA savings is for IRA accounts. You can withdraw money from your IRA too- it just has horrible tax consequences. Honestly, I'd call Ally and just ask what the difference is. (Ally recently acquired TradeKing so they do have all those brokerage type accounts now.)

MM seems to be running 0.90%, it allows unlimited deposits and ATM withdrawals & 6 other transactions per month due to federal regulations. Think of it as Savings Lite from what I read here https://www.ally.com/bank/money-market-account/ Personally I rarely use ATM withdrawals so there is no reason for me to have this account instead of a savings account.

Last edited:

Yeah, everyone's been creeping up over the last year. Even CapOne360 (ING) finally made it to 1%...

If it wasn't for the no fee card and the fact that I LOVE SPG points, I'd give AMEX the boot, just for the principal of it.

They had the nerve to drop my fico score (as reported on their website) to 822! My other (credit card reports) scores have stayed consistently higher than what Amex uses.

Two reasons - opening too many cards and not USING their cards enough! Yes, I do make small purchases - cell phone bill goes to one, plus some spend, not much though and the occasional purchase - maybe every 2 months goes to the other.

I opened a Citi card July 2016, USBank in May, 2017 and two Chase cards, Hyatt in Sept, 2017, and Marriott in Dec 2017. (I'm 4/24 for Chase by the way now that I've taken the time to actually write it down and will be 3/24 in July, 2018.

Yes, I know I have an excellent score and have no balances on any cards. I usually pay them as soon as a charge posts, mostly because I'm in there monitoring the card activity every day now since retiring, and also because having all bills paid gives me a clear picture of what I have left in the money that goes through my checking account. I direct X amount for all expenses into a couple of accounts and the rest goes to savings and investments before I get a chance to see the number looking good in my checking accounts, as I can be an impulse spender for no good reason.

All my Costco spend used to go on my Amex and it was considerable when most of my family were living with me or near me. That's Amex's own problem that they are not getting that spend.

Also, the offers they are sending now leave a lot to be desired. Spend $500 in Australia on Hilton and get a $100 credit? That's not likely to happen. Then, I have a zillion Jewelry store offers and skincare offers. Amex - I need more restaurant, department store, amazon, offers that are more down to earth and in line with what I spend my bucks on! Right now I have about 4 offers for wine clubs. Love wine but do not need a zillion bottles.

I guess I can toddle off to Starbucks and get 15% off a latte.....

Okay....just venting! I know my score will go back up in 3 months and I'm just having a snit at Amex for absolutely nothing important. (I can't wait to apply for the SPG biz as soon as I'm ready to pay for my roof!)
Sometimes in this game you just need to vent :)

I just have the regular savings account. No money market or IRA, but that's just my personal preference. I have the savings there as my liquid emergency fund so I can grab the money quickly if I need it while earning a couple extra bucks on it every month.

Hate that! But thanks for the reminder- does Hulu/Netflix code 5x for CIC?

Not sure on that one, no CIC here. Maybe as an internet service?

The feeling when you forget to move your recurring Hulu charge off of your Chase Freedom card after you've maxed out the quarterly bonus... :sad2:

#wealldoitatsomepoint

Hate that! But thanks for the reminder- does Hulu/Netflix code 5x for CIC?

I have a CIC, but can't answer about Hulu/Netflix because I only recently started subscribing to those streaming services.

For Hulu, I signed up with an AMEX offer, and got $50 back as a statement credit. After the statement credit hit, I switched payment over to another AMEX with the offer hoping that I'll get the $50 credit again. Since it's supposed to only be for first-time subscribers it probably won't work, but I won't know until after mid April. If it doesn't work, I'll switch it over to CIC to see of that works, and if that doesn't get me 5x, I'll do what I do for Netflix.

For Netflix, I'm paying with Netflix gift cards that I buy either at the grocery store (6%cb on BCP + only when they're offering 4x fuel points which is like another 10% for me) or places where I have AMEX offers like the BB $25 off $250 at the end of last year (not all on Netflix, there were other gift cards in there). DH is investigating a switch over to TMobile, which includes free Netflix, so that might take care of that in the future (then for sure will get 5x in CIC).

Honestly, sometimes I think of getting my own AX BCP (just have an AU card right now) to double up on the 6%cb at grocery stores. Will have to wait until after I get my SW CP for 2019-2020 though.

So, rookie mistake here... When I booked my trip to Miami through Chase UR points, I didn't look to see if there was anywhere I could put in an American Airlines numbers for miles. I don't even know if that's an option. Can I collect AA miles if I booked through UR, and, if so, is there a way to get them retroactively added after I take my trip this coming week? TIA!

...For Hulu, I signed up with an AMEX offer, and got $50 back as a statement credit. After the statement credit hit, I switched payment over to another AMEX with the offer hoping that I'll get the $50 credit again. Since it's supposed to only be for first-time subscribers it probably won't work, but I won't know until after mid April. If it doesn't work, I'll switch it over to CIC to see of that works, and if that doesn't get me 5x, I'll do what I do for Netflix...
You just might get it, we've gotten 2 different Amex Hulu offers over the last couple years and they worked on our recurring payments, we weren't new either time. Fingers crossed for you!

So, rookie mistake here... When I booked my trip to Miami through Chase UR points, I didn't look to see if there was anywhere I could put in an American Airlines numbers for miles. I don't even know if that's an option. Can I collect AA miles if I booked through UR, and, if so, is there a way to get them retroactively added after I take my trip this coming week? TIA!
I'd start here https://www.americanairlines.com/reservation/selectReservationSubmit.do and try to use the record locator number you may have been given at booking to see if you can add your FF yourself. If not you can call Chase Travel and/or American Airlines. I believe you do earn miles because booking through chase is considered a revenue (cash) ticket, but I'm not 100% sure not have booked on AA via Chase, just AS.

ETA: here's the link for after flight requests https://www.aa.com/forms/request-flight-miles/#/request

Chase UR Cruise department can book WDW Tickets without booking a room!! Prices are what you'd pay booking online through Disney. One quirk, I was looking for 8 day tickets and he said he could get me 7 day or 10 day (and most of the days leading up to 7 sorry I wasn't really listening to that part). Now to wonder if I can get a 7 day and add a day to it at once I'm at WDW? For today I just got the quote, 34,800 UR for one 7 day PH with my CSR. Also, the UR travel department cannot book this and tried to sell me on a Universal ticket or private tour guide for WDW instead- are you kidding me? If I hadn't known from here to ask for the cruise department I would be like I was last year thinking this wasn't even possible

You should be able to collect AA miles retroactively. Ideally, you get it all worked out ahead of time like @gottalovepluto suggests. But I've had to request miles that weren't showing up in my AA account before. Log into your AA account, go to "Your Activity" and then "Request Missing Flight Miles." You'll need your ticket number, and it has to have been at least 2 days since you completed travel. ETA: This takes you to the same link that was provided by gottalovepluto.

Chase UR Cruise department can book WDW Tickets without booking a room!! Prices are what you'd pay booking online through Disney. One quirk, I was looking for 8 day tickets and he said he could get me 7 day or 10 day (and most of the days leading up to 7 sorry I wasn't really listening to that part). Now to wonder if I can get a 7 day and add a day to it at once I'm at WDW? For today I just got the quote, 34,800 UR for one 7 day PH with my CSR. Also, the UR travel department cannot book this and tried to sell me on a Universal ticket or private tour guide for WDW instead- are you kidding me? If I hadn't known from here to ask for the cruise department I would be like I was last year thinking this wasn't even possible
Can you copy and paste this information in a reply to the "Disney Tips" thread on DISchurners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter