I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meredith magazines get 650 points per order, which start out at around $7, but then they give you a little pop up if they think you're about to close the window for an even better deal. I just checked to make sure it still worked. $3 for 6 issues of Better Homes and Gardens. :teeth:
Thru Rapid Rewards Shopping portal?

ETA. Found it

Thru Rapid Rewards Shopping portal?

ETA. Found it

I had to contact RR to get them to apply my points because I don't think Meredith reported back to them, so if you go through with a purchase make sure to take some screen shots and save the receipt they email you.

You can transfer CSR points to one CSR account. Go to the rewards section and click on the points box at top of page. You should see Combine points as a choice. You can transfer whatever UR points you want to your DH or vice versa. Then to SW as you see fit.

Music to my ears! TY CindyLouWho:lovestruc I wanted to double check before I did anything. SW is getting ready to open up November booking and I want to have all my points with them ready to go!! WDW Thanksgiving here we come!

I completely forgot about the RR portal for shopping points. Just need a few more thousand (LOL) points for CP. Might have to check out some of these magazine subscriptions.

I completely forgot about the RR portal for shopping points. Just need a few more thousand (LOL) points for CP. Might have to check out some of these magazine subscriptions.

I got 2 to put me over the top for my CP! I think they offer 6 different options, just get one of each. :yay:

Ugh. Car repair $1500. Only $200 to meet spend on Marriott card. Don't want to "waste" $1500 on it.
What would you use? UR, SW mile, SPG points?

depends on how you see the points. UR would probably be most best choice, earning 1.5x. I also consider SPG as a 3x card as when u transfer back to marriott, u get 3x in points.
im still not used to SPG points, i find them so hard to earn.

depends on how you see the points. UR would probably be most best choice, earning 1.5x. I also consider SPG as a 3x card as when u transfer back to marriott, u get 3x in points.
im still not used to SPG points, i find them so hard to earn.
I prefer SPG points. I can get a nice hotel for 10k points (WDW Dolphin) when any Marriott I look at seems to be 40-50k points. The 100k Marriott points ill be getting for current CC spend will be transferred to SPG.

I prefer SPG points. I can get a nice hotel for 10k points (WDW Dolphin) when any Marriott I look at seems to be 40-50k points. The 100k Marriott points ill be getting for current CC spend will be transferred to SPG.

then SPG card it is! although i wouldnt leave hyatt out of the race! :P
i think SPG points expire though no? I havent found an answer to that. It seems like you have to keep your account open or something for it to not expire but my awardwallet shows my points with an expiration date.

Sorry to be stupid but what is SPG?

@mfly is correct SPG is Starwood Preferred Guest. The hotels include Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis, Le Meridien, the Swan and Dolphin at WDW. The reason the SPG points are so highly valued are because they can also transfer to over 30 airlines and many of them at 1:1. For every 20,000 SPG points you transfer to an airline you also get a 5,000 point bonus.

Last edited:
Well my husband thinks my new applying-for-credit-card hobby is a little more interesting since I managed to book the Savoy in London for two nights for free using the Fairmont certificate :)

A series of cascading travel plan changes started when I realized there was a Hilton hotel right next to the theater where Hamilton is playing in Chicago. I had originally planned to use the Fairmont certificate in Chicago but with the Hilton being so much more convenient, I needed (or "needed" maybe I should say) to find some other use for the Fairmont certificate before it expires next April. I had also been thinking about a trip to London in December but that was running into some other obstacles, so on a whim I decided to call the Fairmont reservation system and see if there were any weekends between January and March that the Savoy could be booked with the certificate. As it turns out, there are, beginning in February. So that's the new plan. I was slightly worried that I wasn't going to convince DH that a three-day trip to London was a good idea but now I think he's pretty well on board.

Oh, and now I also "need" to apply for the Hilton card. You all are such bad influences!

Any really recent DP's on if plastiq rent/mortgage payments are still coding as travel? Also, did that travel coding include the Ink card or just CSR/CSP?

Any really recent DP's on if plastiq rent/mortgage payments are still coding as travel? Also, did that travel coding include the Ink card or just CSR/CSP?

well, i havent heard of any news on it NOT coding as travel. Ink should code the same if it has the 3x category... its the Visa coding that makes it code that way...

For anyone looking to spend UR points on Korean to book delta flights be careful!! I'm in the midst of a fight, Delta flight went delayed causing a missed connection and re-booked us on Hawaiian but didn't but pay Hawaiian! We had to pay $1700 at the gate to board the Hawaiian flight as they said Delta didn't pay them- they only booked the flights! It was our choice not to delay our vacay and $1700 won't break my bank but for anyone looking at this be careful! All 3 airlines are blaiming each other & I'm out $$$$, could be months before this settles out. I know others on here have considered using UR points this way so be aware it could go very wrong. I will update when/if it all settles out.

For anyone looking to spend UR points on Korean to book delta flights be careful!! I'm in the midst of a fight, Delta flight went delayed causing a missed connection and re-booked us on Hawaiian but didn't but pay Hawaiian! We had to pay $1700 at the gate to board the Hawaiian flight as they said Delta didn't pay them- they only booked the flights! It was our choice not to delay our vacay and $1700 won't break my bank but for anyone looking at this be careful! All 3 airlines are blaiming each other & I'm out $$$$, could be months before this settles out. I know others on here have considered using UR points this way so be aware it could go very wrong. I will update when/if it all settles out.

Wow. We did this in January, and it worked out so well for us that I've been planning to do it again with my parents, too. Hrrrrm. That's an interesting (and not good) wrinkle. I hope they straighten it our quickly for you!!!

I've seen a few DPs in the churning subreddit daily discussions from the last week all reporting that Plastiq mortgage/rent payments are still posting as travel. Someone commented yesterday that a Plastiq payment to a Quicken Loans mortgage coded for travel on his Altitude Reserve (Visa) and triggered the card's $325 travel credit.

So for the most part my bills are my mortgage and car payment (both of which I found out the bank won't allow to be paid by way of cc). I also of course have some other bills, such as cable/internet, water, cellphone and fuel for my car, which I pay all those by cc.

I'm just thinking that the best way for me to accumulate points/credit towards travel would be to buy local grocery store gc's with my CapitalOne Venture card. Unless anyone else has some other ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter