I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Looking at the calendar I do see that the Saturday we'll be flying is the most expesive. I can see 12.5 and 13.6 on either side, but of course the Saturday works better for our plans.
I was also looking at the Blue Extra vs Blue - it's a 1,900 point difference per ticket. Big difference is early boarding. I've been a Southwest Girl for a while now and can't remember the last time I flew Jet Blue. Is Blue Extra worth

With allocated seating on JetBlue early boarding is less important unless you need the overhead bin space. As a JetBlue credit card holder I always board in one of the first groups so never had to worry about space for my carry-on.

Is it standard for American Express to charge a fee to transfer points to airlines? I'm seeing 19,800 points or $99 charged to my card to transfer the points to Jet Blue.

Yes - its normal. $99 is the maximum charge, and I think it applies to all MR transfers to US airlines.

Well I guess I finally start summer. And I think my "retirement". AHHHH! Now to find another job ASAP! I just cancelled my CIC #2, so I'm hoping to apply tonight or tomorrow for my CIU #2. The only business cards I'll have will be 2 CIUs if this gets approved. One of my former student credit card hacks. So I asked her for a referral, LOL.

I need to find somewhere "good" to use my Marriott 5 FNC! Normally we use them in the summer for Cancun. But all the resorts are too high now. GRRR! They expire 11/28. I was thinking of maybe doing quickie trips to Europe this summer w/ my son, anywhere good to head and use them? I guess if we're using them in Europe I don't need "max" value, lol.

To kick off summer we're heading to Vegas this week. Sadly I think it'll be cooler there than it is here! I'm taking my kids to NC in July, I have a quickie trip to CHS in July for a concert, and then the cruise in August. I guess I could use the FNC for hotels before/after the cruise. Maybe weekend trip to Chicago, etc. We'll see. I've liked using them for AI's but we do have 2 Hilton FNC to use still this year we'll use I'm sure in Playa Del Carmen.

Right when he turned 4 he turned into a terror so I can’t even imagine traveling internationally right now with him. He was a relatively easy 2 and 3 year old but 4 has hit us hard and we’ve been really struggling with him. I hope by 5 things are better but our neighbor down the street has a son turning 5 this month and she said it hasn’t gotten better for them. Dh said we should go ahead and book England but make sure everything is refundable so we might do that. I suggested to dh maybe we try 3 week-long domestic trips spread out throughout the year instead.
Has no one told you it's the #&@*ing fours yet? I remember that era not being the most pleasant, LOL.

Is 50 minutes enough time for a connection in Charlotte? Flying from Pittsburgh to Cancun with a 50 min connection. Does it make a difference that it's connecting to Mexico?
You can sit for 45 mins just waiting on a gate. Just be ready to run if needed as well. My kids are pros of running through CLT at this point. We'll be heading through there in July, LOL.

Where do you normally stay when you go? Do you think a week is good or too long?

When I asked his VPK teacher I think she said they are allowed two unexcused absences per month. She said she would be willing to work with us if he needs to miss more though. In kindergarten I’m not sure. I think it’s the same policy but they might not be as lenient. I’ll have to check.
I'm shocked they are that strict! I was asked to pass a student who missed over 60 days this semester......Our semesters are roughly 90 days. So they were gone 2/3rds! I also think schools "say" that but honestly don't enforce it. My kid's district is way harder on absences. All it takes is a doctors note and they don't care how much they miss. Heck my sister is the school board president in her district and she pulls her kids for a week or more each year. My nephews are in 4th and 1st (or maybe 5th and 1st).

With allocated seating on JetBlue early boarding is less important unless you need the overhead bin space. As a JetBlue credit card holder I always board in one of the first groups so never had to worry about space for my carry-on.

Is it the Jet Blue business card you have? I just got the personal with the $99 AF, but I think it's just the busines card that comes with the early boarding?

Well I guess I finally start summer. And I think my "retirement". AHHHH! Now to find another job ASAP! I just cancelled my CIC #2, so I'm hoping to apply tonight or tomorrow for my CIU #2. The only business cards I'll have will be 2 CIUs if this gets approved. One of my former student credit card hacks. So I asked her for a referral, LOL.

I need to find somewhere "good" to use my Marriott 5 FNC! Normally we use them in the summer for Cancun. But all the resorts are too high now. GRRR! They expire 11/28. I was thinking of maybe doing quickie trips to Europe this summer w/ my son, anywhere good to head and use them? I guess if we're using them in Europe I don't need "max" value, lol.

To kick off summer we're heading to Vegas this week. Sadly I think it'll be cooler there than it is here! I'm taking my kids to NC in July, I have a quickie trip to CHS in July for a concert, and then the cruise in August. I guess I could use the FNC for hotels before/after the cruise. Maybe weekend trip to Chicago, etc. We'll see. I've liked using them for AI's but we do have 2 Hilton FNC to use still this year we'll use I'm sure in Playa Del Carmen.

Has no one told you it's the #&@*ing fours yet? I remember that era not being the most pleasant, LOL.

You can sit for 45 mins just waiting on a gate. Just be ready to run if needed as well. My kids are pros of running through CLT at this point. We'll be heading through there in July, LOL.

I'm shocked they are that strict! I was asked to pass a student who missed over 60 days this semester......Our semesters are roughly 90 days. So they were gone 2/3rds! I also think schools "say" that but honestly don't enforce it. My kid's district is way harder on absences. All it takes is a doctors note and they don't care how much they miss. Heck my sister is the school board president in her district and she pulls her kids for a week or more each year. My nephews are in 4th and 1st (or maybe 5th and 1st).
Haha I’ve also heard the term Fournado. He’s getting better since we’ve been home from Japan. He thrives on routine and consistency so being home has helped a lot.

I have a 2 part question on Chase referrals.
  1. Can someone who is an AU on my CFU card apply for their own card?
  2. If so, should they apply for a CFU or a Flex card?
This person doesn't have an credit cards of their own yet, just been an AU but wants one with no AF. Right now the offers I see are these, the top one is the Flex. Most purchases will be groceries and restaurants.

View attachment 868969View attachment 868970
Yes they can apply for their own…make sure they apply from your support link so you get some points as well. As far as which card…would they want a Visa or MasterCard

Paris Planning - Flights

Any Virgin Atlantic experts? We have MR and UR to transfer.

I have been watching Air France for awhile and it was 88k one way for business for days leading up to when we want to travel. Our booking window opened and now it's 154k (+$200)! I looked into Virgin Atlantic and there are a few options in the weeks leading up to when we want to go (end of May), but they haven't released award space yet for the end of May. Only one day a week is available for Air France or KLM at 48.5k (+$300). Seems too good to be true to book the same flights at a third of the points cost. What am I missing? When Virgin shows Upper as a booking category is that equivalent to Business or First for AF or KLM?

United wants 395k one way business. ONE WAY! British Airways keeps giving me an error or they are not showing any AA space. Is that normal?
I am not a VA expert, but have booked tix to Europe for trips in 2022 and 2023, and Japan this year. I know many people here recommend booking on the release date. However, I have booked around the 6-7 months out timeframe for all 3 trips and got excellent redemption value. If you are risk averse and your goal is guaranteed biz class seats, then book at opening. However, if you're willing to possibly settle for non-biz class, you might want to hold out and not transfer your pts yet. I usually start watching the pts prices almost daily as soon as I choose a destination and watch them for 6-8 weeks. That allows me to figure out what a good price is.

I am wondering about Turo for our 6 night trip to Aulani. We have never used it, and it seems to be quite a bit cheaper than Enterprise, etc. For renting a 4 door Jeep, it quotes $434 plus taxes and fees, but doesn't say what the taxes and fees add up to until I put in my driver's license and credit card info, which I don't want to do until I know I am renting here. Does anyone know what kind of total I am looking at or if this is just a bad idea and we should just stick with Enterprise for $764. This is our first trip to Aulani and also to Hawaii. It has been so overwhelming and we just want a smooth and easy rental process with good coverage in case anything goes wrong. Also, from what I have read, CSP rental insurance would not cover a Turo rental because I assume it is considered peer-to-peer correct?
Have you checked Costco's car rental price? They usually have the best prices. Or check Alamo, which is part of Enterprise but ALWAYS cheaper. They literally share the same pool of cars in HNL (I just rented there a few weeks ago). I have booked Alamo through Costco on my last 3 or 4 trips. They give you the Alamo res number, so you can immediately link it in your Alamo acct and skip the counter. As I said, I just returned from Oahu recently. Didn't do Aulani, but I'm pretty familiar with Oahu. You might want to consider not renting. Traffic is terrible. If you are staying at Aulani and do not plan on leaving the resort much, you definitely do not need a car.

I am not a VA expert, but have booked tix to Europe for trips in 2022 and 2023, and Japan this year. I know many people here recommend booking on the release date. However, I have booked around the 6-7 months out timeframe for all 3 trips and got excellent redemption value. If you are risk averse and your goal is guaranteed biz class seats, then book at opening. However, if you're willing to possibly settle for non-biz class, you might want to hold out and not transfer your pts yet. I usually start watching the pts prices almost daily as soon as I choose a destination and watch them for 6-8 weeks. That allows me to figure out what a good price is.

Have you checked Costco's car rental price? They usually have the best prices. Or check Alamo, which is part of Enterprise but ALWAYS cheaper. They literally share the same pool of cars in HNL (I just rented there a few weeks ago). I have booked Alamo through Costco on my last 3 or 4 trips. They give you the Alamo res number, so you can immediately link it in your Alamo acct and skip the counter. As I said, I just returned from Oahu recently. Didn't do Aulani, but I'm pretty familiar with Oahu. You might want to consider not renting. Traffic is terrible. If you are staying at Aulani and do not plan on leaving the resort much, you definitely do not need a car.
I don’t have a Costco membership. Is that required? I’ve pretty much talked myself into not using Turo. It just seems too risky. I actually just checked Alamo. You’re right, it was about $70 less than enterprise. If it were up to me, we’d stay at Aulani and never leave, but my family tends to get stir crazy so we will definitely venture out some. I know we plan to go to Pearl Harbor. Thinking about Kualoa Ranch. DS wants to go skydiving. We are all overwhelmed and don’t know what to do, but also trying to stay budget friendly, which seems impossible at the moment. DH says this may be a once in a lifetime trip so we should not try to be cheap, but I think we are going to love it there and will definitely go back again. This is why we have DVC after all !!

The paid fast pass is called Premier Access. We used it for Beauty and the Beast, Splash, Baymax, Fantasy Springs rides, Soarin, and Tower of Terror
I think this is what we'll do, after all. We could swing the vacation package, but I'm having trouble spending so much when we can do the same things with a bit more work on our own by getting premier access for rides, etc. Since we haven't been before, we also don't want to focus too exclusively on Fantasy Springs but we'd feel like we need to take advantage of unlimited rides there to make the vacation package worth it. I just want to try to do everything at least once over the 3.5 days we'll have at the parks.

I hope we're able to get a room at the Miracosta, though. Don't care about the view much, just want to be able to walk out onto Disney Sea.

There's a rumor about an upcoming 120k offer on the CIP. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor-chase-ink-preferred-to-offer-120000-signup-bonus-soon/

So I literally received the Jet Blue plus card yesterday and am now thinking of going for the jet blue business card. I’ve never had a Barclay business card. Can I apply now on the heels of the personal or would I have to wait?

I think this is what we'll do, after all. We could swing the vacation package, but I'm having trouble spending so much when we can do the same things with a bit more work on our own by getting premier access for rides, etc. Since we haven't been before, we also don't want to focus too exclusively on Fantasy Springs but we'd feel like we need to take advantage of unlimited rides there to make the vacation package worth it. I just want to try to do everything at least once over the 3.5 days we'll have at the parks.

I hope we're able to get a room at the Miracosta, though. Don't care about the view much, just want to be able to walk out onto Disney Sea.
That was our mindset too. We wanted to ride everything at least once. We ended up riding Splash and Tower of Terror 4 times each. Fantasy Springs is nice but we liked other parts of DisneySea more

No I did it once I got to the hotel because they were in my checked bag. It's also not our security where it matters it's your destination.

You'll want to google it and see what the country allows in. Most aren't as strict about things as Japan but it's always best to see what the country you are going to allows/may do than to find out you can't have something.

For anyone that's seen sex and the city 2, don't be like Samantha 🙂 She gets her hormones taken away.
thanks!

Asking for a friend who'd like a decent cc for everyday use- they have a decent/good credit score- but a minimal income (like 20k or a smidge less, in retirement) no balances etc on the bank cc they've been using- would they qualify for a low level Freedom at that income? They were carrying a small balance up till last month on their bank cc, then app'ed for a discover (without telling me) and got a denial...since then it's paid off etc

So I literally received the Jet Blue plus card yesterday and am now thinking of going for the jet blue business card. I’ve never had a Barclay business card. Can I apply now on the heels of the personal or would I have to wait?

Don't have an answer for you, but Barclays can be a bit hard to predict and I think they might inquiry sensitive. I would probably wait 90 days before applying for another card from them and during that time ensure there is a reasonable level of consistent spend on your plus card. But thats just me.......if you decide to apply now, it will probably go to recon and you can call and plead your case. if you wait at least 30 days, I think your odds would improve but no guarantees with anything Barclays.

Asking for a friend who'd like a decent cc for everyday use- they have a decent/good credit score- but a minimal income (like 20k or a smidge less, in retirement) no balances etc on the bank cc they've been using- would they qualify for a low level Freedom at that income? They were carrying a small balance up till last month on their bank cc, then app'ed for a discover (without telling me) and got a denial...since then it's paid off etc

Not sure how Chase views retired folks, but both my kids got approved for Freedom cards (not student cards) whilst they were college students with part-time income of less than $20k with credit scores in the low 700s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter