I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Changing your card number doesn't change the account, and wouldn't affect your age of accounts on a credit report. Otherwise every time you have fraud and have a new number issued, you'd have a "new" account age, which doesn't happen. Even changing from a CF/CFU Visa to a CFF Mastercard doesn't affect the age of the account. So don't worry about that when deciding to change an account or if a card is lost/stolen.

Most card issuers allow a product change on an existing account like Chase does. On rare occasions they don't and what they call a PC is really opening a new account. If that's the case then it'd be a concern, so it's good to confirm first. But just changing a card number on an existing account doesn't change the account on the credit report, just the number updates.
Thanks wasn’t aware of that!!

I'm kind of in shock over award flight prices. I just found out this week my kid got accepted into a research project over the summer so now I know when we can travel as a family. I booked flights for us in UA J round trip DEN-EDI in August (I'm excited for The Fringe and maybe the Royal Tattoo) for a 10 day trip (only 8 actual days once you subtract a travel day on each end). In my poking around here's what I found, given that our travel dates are not very flexible and it's during peak season--

United website: cash rate $6,235/person = $18,707 for airfare for 3
United website award tickets for the above itinerary: 330,000 mi + $342 fees/person = 990,000 mi + $1,027 fees for 3
Chase travel portal thru CSR: $23,783/person or 1,585,533 URs/person o_O I don't even understand how that is; I mean I wanted refundable fares but the ones through the United website were refundable so I was comparing apples to apples.

I feel like the miles redemption is just meh, but with the schedule constraints and "last minute" planning this might be the best I can do. Any suggestions on places we shouldn't miss while in Scotland? Currently I have us staying in Edinburgh for 4 nights and then no plans beyond that although I'd like to get to the Isle of Skye.

I'm kind of in shock over award flight prices. I just found out this week my kid got accepted into a research project over the summer so now I know when we can travel as a family. I booked flights for us in UA J round trip DEN-EDI in August (I'm excited for The Fringe and maybe the Royal Tattoo) for a 10 day trip (only 8 actual days once you subtract a travel day on each end). In my poking around here's what I found, given that our travel dates are not very flexible and it's during peak season--

United website award tickets for the above itinerary: 330,000 mi + $342 fees/person = 990,000 mi + $1,027 fees for 3
Chase travel portal thru CSR: $23,783/person or 1,585,533 URs/person o_O I don't even understand how that is; I mean I wanted refundable fares but the ones through the United website were refundable so I was comparing apples to apples.

I feel like the miles redemption is just meh, but with the schedule constraints and "last minute" planning this might be the best I can do. Any suggestions on places we shouldn't miss while in Scotland? Currently I have us staying in Edinburgh for 4 nights and then no plans beyond that although I'd like to get to the Isle of Skye.

Congrats to your DD on getting accepted into the research project!

But wow on those prices. Hope you enjoy the trip! And good thing you have points!

Thanks for all the input on UO. After a lot of back and forth, we decided to do a split stay. Our plan is to do UO for 2.5 days -> pool day at BC -> 3.5 days at WDW. I was able to cancel and rebook almost everything with UR, including 3 nights at HRH club level (DH request) and dolphin for 4 nights. I also booked a random BC stay in between the two because dolphin was booked up that night, but I think this will actually work in our favor. I know transferring twice in a week seems like a lot, but we've always wanted to try BC and this will likely be our pool day so what better pool for the kids to play in! We're taking advantage of the buy 2 P2P get 2 days free UO deal and the 4 day 4 park WDW deal so that's why the half days.

Thanks for all the input on UO. After a lot of back and forth, we decided to do a split stay. Our plan is to do UO for 2.5 days -> pool day at BC -> 3.5 days at WDW. I was able to cancel and rebook almost everything with UR, including 3 nights at HRH club level (DH request) and dolphin for 4 nights. I also booked a random BC stay in between the two because dolphin was booked up that night, but I think this will actually work in our favor. I know transferring twice in a week seems like a lot, but we've always wanted to try BC and this will likely be our pool day so what better pool for the kids to play in! We're taking advantage of the buy 2 P2P get 2 days free UO deal and the 4 day 4 park WDW deal so that's why the half days.
That sounds like a great trip. You'll definitely have plenty of time to experience UO and know whether you'll want to go back, etc, while still including the experience you're more used to at WDW. Adding the pool day at BC sounds very fun! Hopefully you'll luck out and your room will be ready early on the day of the transfer.

We have one near us and I agree, it's pretty good. Quite a varied menu. They also do 'TV dinners' which I have not tried but my mom said they were good.

I looked over the menu and told my DD's to take a look. The TV dinners looked fun! Dessert and everything. I actually want to try the devilled eggs.

There are a couple across the river in Virginia, so if I don't get to try it in Florida I'll go check out the one at Fair Oaks.

Congrats to your DD!

We loved Scotland! The Tattoo was a spectacle and the Fringe was fun, though I had analysis paralysis, didn't book anything until we got there and then some of the ones I was considering became sold out.

We enjoyed Oban and the Three Isles Tour, especially Staffa and the puffins! Edinburgh plus Isle of Skye in 8 days is probably plenty though. I'd like to get to the Isle of Skye one day. If you get a chance, check out one of the Highland Games. We went to the one in Ballater and really felt a sense of place and tradition. A falconry experience is very cool too. We did it with Finn Falconry in Oban, but I think he's not running them anymore.

hI
I'm on hold with Chase Ink (40 minute wait, hoping someone here can help! I want to combine my 160k points on my Ink to my personal csp. i can combine any ink to another ink but can't find where to add csp to transfer to

2n questions, I've had the csp iess than 4 years so not eligible for any new sub. looking to book almost 6k in air so it probably make sense to upgrade to csr. if i do that today, book air tomorrow, when is af due? and I can use the $300 travel credit immediately?

thank you!

hI
I'm on hold with Chase Ink (40 minute wait, hoping someone here can help! I want to combine my 160k points on my Ink to my personal csp. i can combine any ink to another ink but can't find where to add csp to transfer to

2n questions, I've had the csp iess than 4 years so not eligible for any new sub. looking to book almost 6k in air so it probably make sense to upgrade to csr. if i do that today, book air tomorrow, when is af due? and I can use the $300 travel credit immediately?

thank you!
Most of the time, you have to have Chase add the personal card, then it will be available for transfers. Have you combined personal and biz logins? You also should be able to do it by SM since hold time is so long.

ETA from my previous post:
DH upgraded his CSP to CSR 12/2022, AF refund for the CSP for $61 credited that month. Used the travel credit in 12/2022. New AF posted 4/1/23. Travel credit reset when December statement closed 2023 (last month) and I used it already. Interestingly, I have been using Instacart with all my Chase cards and when I upgraded DHs card to CSR, I got a bunch of retroactive $15 Instacart credits. So the next AF should be 4/1 and we've already used the TC twice and Instacart $15 x12 (plus a few extra) so at least $780 worth of credits.

Last edited:

Congrats to your DD for acceptance into the research project!

If you’re looking for other options on getting to EDI, it might be worth trying to fly into LHR, then either taking a BA flight to Edinburgh or heading into the city to take the LNER. Might give you more cost-effective options, plus you could always spend a few days in London on either end of the trip. AA flies direct to LHR from a few airports and usually has biz class award seats for 57.5K AA points (you’ll probably have to pay a few hundred in taxes, but it may be worth it). I’d recommend booking the legs as 2 x 1 way tickets because it’s much easier to make changes to your itinerary.

AA has daytime flights to LHR from ORD and JFK, which would make economy seats bearable for the long flight, then spend a night at the HGI (Ts 2 & 3) at Heathrow or the Sofitel (T5 where BA flies from), then take the first BA flight to EDI in the morning. Super easy, but it means positioning flights, which I don’t mind to save points / money, but it depends on you and your family. Also if anyone in your family has SWUs with AA you can book an economy fare and get a free upgrade to biz class at the time of booking (you have to make sure the flight has upgrades available, which the call center CSRs will help you with since AA removed the availability for customers to view online)!

Congrats to your DD for acceptance into the research project!

If you’re looking for other options on getting to EDI, it might be worth trying to fly into LHR, then either taking a BA flight to Edinburgh or heading into the city to take the LNER. Might give you more cost-effective options, plus you could always spend a few days in London on either end of the trip. AA flies direct to LHR from a few airports and usually has biz class award seats for 57.5K AA points (you’ll probably have to pay a few hundred in taxes, but it may be worth it). I’d recommend booking the legs as 2 x 1 way tickets because it’s much easier to make changes to your itinerary.

AA has daytime flights to LHR from ORD and JFK, which would make economy seats bearable for the long flight, then spend a night at the HGI (Ts 2 & 3) at Heathrow or the Sofitel (T5 where BA flies from), then take the first BA flight to EDI in the morning. Super easy, but it means positioning flights, which I don’t mind to save points / money, but it depends on you and your family. Also if anyone in your family has SWUs with AA you can book an economy fare and get a free upgrade to biz class at the time of booking (you have to make sure the flight has upgrades available, which the call center CSRs will help you with since AA removed the availability for customers to view online)!
Not the person you were replying to, but where are you finding AA biz to LHR for 57.5k points? Dh and I were looking at positioning for London next year and everywhere we looked we couldn’t find saver awards. Our current plan is Houston to Manchester with Singapore and on the way back London to DC with United.

Not the person you were replying to, but where are you finding AA biz to LHR for 57.5k points? Dh and I were looking at positioning for London next year and everywhere we looked we couldn’t find saver awards. Our current plan is Houston to Manchester with Singapore and on the way back London to DC with United.

Sorry, hit the wrong post! But hope you find the seats.

How's Amex w/ credits posting and then cancelling the purchase but redoing it? I booked a stay real quick w/ my Delta Amex Plat to get the $200 hotel stay credit for this weekend. But I might want to change the date by one day! So I might have to cancel it. I need to actually PC the card before the trip. I booked my son a quickie trip to Nashville to eat chicken, LOL. But flights look better Sat/Sun than Fri/Sat.

Still trying to plan 2025 vacation. Looking to go back to Europe again. (last May did a cruise to Italy, Greece and Turkey).
Looking at Tour Groups for Germany, Austria and Prague but just watched Irish Wish on Netflix and now I want to go to Ireland/Scotland.

Any insights on what would be better. Up in the air regarding a tour group or cruise but trying to narrow down the destination. So many cool places....

I know this must have been covered but I don’t have time to search. How do I find what benefits I have used on my SWA card?

Sorry to see all the Ink denial DPs. Feels worse than I thought.

Has anyone been approved for an Ink in the last month or so?

Thanks for the DPs! I suspect the change happened sometime in February. If you decide to try for the next one, that would be an interesting DP as someone who has gone slower.
Last day of Feb Ink dp:
CIU 2/27/24 Instant approval
SW Personal 11/2/2023
CIP 7/8/2023

Tend to keep a 90-120 day velocity. BUT, The CIU and CIP were apped with an EIN (~3k annual revenue), not sole prop, whereas previous Inks were approved as sole prop.

I checked a few random dates in the summer and see ORD to LHR for 57.5k points in biz class booked with AA but on BA metal, but over $700.00 in fees OUCH; 72k points on AA metal with $5.60 in taxes. I’d definitely book with AA at 72k points for the lower taxes.

AA also flies to LHR out of CLT which is much closer to Florida. I’ve done that flight and it was quite nice. Also if you have an AmEx plat card CLT has a Centurion lounge that you can use (it was crowded when I was there, but otherwise a nice enough place to relax).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter