I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I was at Indiana Dunes camping before it became a National Lakeshore. Sleeping Bear is far more stunning. Lots of nice Michigan State parks between the two with nice beaches and dunes. Love Lake Michigan. Hoping to do a golf trip to MI next summer.
I agree. I live relatively close to the Indiana Dunes. They are a nice option to have for a close beach day. However, they are surrounded by industrial sites. So it isn't the picturesque escape that a place like Sleeping Bear Dunes. One note, though, on a clear day, there's a beautiful view of the Chicago skyline from the Indiana Dunes.

I have a stupid question. Can you close a credit card by mailing a letter, rather than calling in? Trying to avoid making p2 call LOL.

Any recommendations for a leather women's wallet that will have a bunch of slots for credit cards? It's time to replace my wallet.

Any recommendations for a leather women's wallet that will have a bunch of slots for credit cards? It's time to replace my wallet.
I'd like a recommendation too. Right now everything is in my phone case which has too few slots and my cards keep falling out. 😐

I like my kate spade wallet but itbmight be bigger than you want. It zips and is what I'd call checkbook size meaning in the olden days it would have fit one. It has 6 slots for cards on each side. One zipper section inside where I keep cash when I carry it and then there's plenty of room for loose cards as well which is where I keep my med ins card and stuff like that on one side and then the other is the card I'm working on spend and whatever gc I may have. It works for me but mostly because I rarely have to pull cards out of the slots but have them if I need them. Some fit pretty tight and I don't try and put my plat in one. It's a few years old, can't remember if it was before or after covid. It's got Minnie on iy that I probably got at the outlet. May not actually be leather but it's held up great and still looks good even being cream color.

Smaller than that I've never found one I can use for everyday. Have several I use for travel or events when I can carry less stuff.

I like my kate spade wallet but itbmight be bigger than you want. It zips and is what I'd call checkbook size meaning in the olden days it would have fit one. It has 6 slots for cards on each side. One zipper section inside where I keep cash when I carry it and then there's plenty of room for loose cards as well which is where I keep my med ins card and stuff like that on one side and then the other is the card I'm working on spend and whatever gc I may have. It works for me but mostly because I rarely have to pull cards out of the slots but have them if I need them. Some fit pretty tight and I don't try and put my plat in one. It's a few years old, can't remember if it was before or after covid. It's got Minnie on iy that I probably got at the outlet. May not actually be leather but it's held up great and still looks good even being cream color.

Smaller than that I've never found one I can use for everyday. Have several I use for travel or events when I can carry less stuff.
That's actually what I use right now--a Kate Spade continental wallet that my sister gave me. I know that style works for me. I wish I could get used to a smaller wallet, but I don't think it's possible for everyday use. I need a middle zipper for cones, a section for gift and loyalty cards, and lots of credit card slots. I probably just need another Kate Spade--don't fix what isn't broken!

That's actually what I use right now--a Kate Spade continental wallet that my sister gave me. I know that style works for me. I wish I could get used to a smaller wallet, but I don't think it's possible for everyday use. I need a middle zipper for cones, a section for gift and loyalty cards, and lots of credit card slots. I probably just need another Kate Spade--don't fix what isn't broken!

It's a good wallet. I will probably eventually replace it with another one. My goal at the moment is finding a new bag. I love my black hole of a bag, I could probably go a bit smaller but it's not huge. It's Marc jacobs I got at Nordstrom rack back in 2018 I think. It still looks good unlesss you look close and then there's a bit of rob off on the bottom seams. But I want to replace it with another MJ bag because this one has done so well. I don't want black which doesn't help. The ones I like are either too small or not in a color I like ot practically the same burgundy color I have which defeats the purpose of a new bag. I am also in a place where I'm ok paying retail though I still look at the discount places. On my list of places to shop at Tokyo too.

As a born and raised Chicagoan, it's always interesting to hear people's perspective on Lake Michigan or any of the Great Lakes. I've had people who were so surprised they couldn't see across Lake Michigan like that thought it was a big pond. I know Lakes Michigan, Superior and Huron have beaches. I haven't been to the other 2. Lake Michigan has significant beaches on all sides and dunes in Indiana large enough to be a National Park.
I traveled to somewhere on Lake Erie for work this year, having never been close to the great lakes. It was definitely one thing to know they are huge and then see it in person!

I've been happy with my Bradford Exchange wallet. 14 slots and behind the slots it's like a pocket where you can slip more stuff in, the zippered section holds cash and coin. I got this Disney one but they appear to have a variety of different themes in this style. I don't recall when I got it, I've had it for at least a few years.

It's a good wallet. I will probably eventually replace it with another one. My goal at the moment is finding a new bag. I love my black hole of a bag, I could probably go a bit smaller but it's not huge. It's Marc jacobs I got at Nordstrom rack back in 2018 I think. It still looks good unlesss you look close and then there's a bit of rob off on the bottom seams. But I want to replace it with another MJ bag because this one has done so well. I don't want black which doesn't help. The ones I like are either too small or not in a color I like ot practically the same burgundy color I have which defeats the purpose of a new bag. I am also in a place where I'm ok paying retail though I still look at the discount places. On my list of places to shop at Tokyo too.
I have a black Tory Burch bag I got at 6 PM ages ago--when that thing goes, I will be devestated. I just got a new white Kate Spade from Saks on final sale. After gift cards and my Amex credit it was $30 out of pocket. But I won't use it much--just needed something that wasn't black! And good idea on Tokyo:)

As a born and raised Chicagoan, it's always interesting to hear people's perspective on Lake Michigan or any of the Great Lakes. I've had people who were so surprised they couldn't see across Lake Michigan like that thought it was a big pond. I know Lakes Michigan, Superior and Huron have beaches. I haven't been to the other 2. Lake Michigan has significant beaches on all sides and dunes in Indiana large enough to be a National Park.
Before visiting Chicago, I think the largest lake I'd seen in the US was Tahoe, and you can definitely see across it (at least east to west). I knew Lake Michigan was one of the Great Lakes, and I knew it was larger, but I had no idea how large it would feel in person. It's such a nice thing to have right there in the city.

Question for our CSP folks here, when do the anniversary points actually post? Chase has the usual 2-3 billing cycle language but I'm not finding any good reports of actual posting time.

It's definitely not your anniversary statement. Found several reports of PCs before posting never receiving them (but also found a report of a CSP just not receiving either). So it probably has to still be a CSP when they try to post? But my Google-Fu has not been strong on finding out when that is.

Looked at old statements on both my and DH's accounts and it was the second statement after the statement that the anniversary falls in.

Question for our CSP folks here, when do the anniversary points actually post? Chase has the usual 2-3 billing cycle language but I'm not finding any good reports of actual posting time.

It's definitely not your anniversary statement. Found several reports of PCs before posting never receiving them (but also found a report of a CSP just not receiving either). So it probably has to still be a CSP when they try to post? But my Google-Fu has not been strong on finding out when that is.
I checked my statements and DH's statements and here are our DPs. It appears to be the same as @wanderlust7 's DPs.
'
My anniversary year ends 4/27. My first Anniversary Bonus was on my statement with an ending date of 7/8/22. My second Anniversary Bonus was on my statement with an ending date of 7/8/23.

DH's anniversary year ends 10/5. He has only received one Anniversary Bonus which was on his statement with an ending date of 12/23/22.

We both still have our CSPs.

I believe it was a new benefit added in 2021?... according to the points guy at least. I've never kept a CSP past the year, but you are supposed to get a 10% anniversary bonus. Mine shows an ongoing "tracker" online of how much my bonus will be.

ETA: Here's what it looks like from my Rewards Activity page... and it shows the amount of URs next to it...
View attachment 784155
Yep, that's exactly it! Added as part of the refresh in 2021 that gave the $50 hotel credit and adjusted the category earnings. My anniversary period ended last month so the points are listed as 'last anniversary' earnings and reset to 0 for this anniversary period. But I have no pending UR listed for this statement and it definitely hasn't posted yet.

It's a small amount but I'm curious to understand how it works while I plan my exit strategy. I knew we had a bunch of CSP holders here and that perhaps someone has experience with it by now.

Looked at old statements on both my and DH's accounts and it was the second statement after the statement that the anniversary falls in.

I checked my statements and DH's statements and here are our DPs. It appears to be the same as @wanderlust7 's DPs.
'
My anniversary year ends 4/27. My first Anniversary Bonus was on my statement with an ending date of 7/8/22. My second Anniversary Bonus was on my statement with an ending date of 7/8/23.

DH's anniversary year ends 10/5. He has only received one Anniversary Bonus which was on his statement with an ending date of 12/23/22.

We both still have our CSPs.
Excellent DPs, exactly what I needed - thanks! :lovestruc

@ten6mom and anyone else looking at Hawaii ot has a trip planned. Maui may be out for awhile depending on where and when you are going. These wild fires are devastating and has burned some of Lahaina. Sounds like kannapali also has been hit. No signs of containment any time soon either. So sad and feel for all the residents that have lost their homes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter