I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Same. Though in the end everything on the ground melted, Minnie and Mickey Halloween blowups have a dusting of snow and the house roof has a dusting as well. Made for a darn cold Halloween but the kids who made it out got handfuls of candy for their efforts (and some came twice. 🤨)
Winter Wonderland this morning.

IMG_4526.jpeg

Meanwhile, indoors…

IMG_4527.jpeg

I have a few rental car questions (it's been a while since I rented a car). Alamo and Budget are about the same price; Enterprise is about $50 more. I usually just go with the cheapest option (interestingly Hertz isn't an option but I have heard enough horror stories about them to stay away). Any reason to choose Alamo over Budget? Or pay a bit extra for Enterprise? (Picking up at the Phoenix airport, if anyone happens to have specific information about that location.)
Hands down Alamo. I like how they handle the tolls better (I have my own transponder). I like Alamo's online check in and overall customer service better.

Of course, for some reason, using miles Delta only offers 4 return flights from Munich, all terrible. If we pay cash, there are at least a dozen or more, with much better times. Grrrrrrrr. I really don't want to pay cash, I'd have to cash out wayyyyyyy more UR's than I want to to cover it. The points aren't horrible, but the layover on the way back is almost 5 hours. I don't think he's going to want to go for that at all.
Do you have a Biz Plat or Gold? You could book through the Amex Portal using MRs.

Good to know folks here like Alamo, might try them next time we need a car. In a couple of weeks when we're in Italy we're using Hertz to get a Tesla to drive to San Marino and then to various places in the North. I'm worried because of the Hertz horror stories but didn't see another company offering electric cars. I hope everything will be ok...
On the bright side, I used an Amex Hertz offer from Members Week
ive rented from hertz 3x since the presidential upgrade one time I didn't feel presidential at all and waited over an hour for a car, the other 2 times easy breezy. Typically I do turo but only if the price difference is there.

I had 20% old navy and banana offers on my dis card that weren't there the other day. Also some other new offers on all cards, big lots and Francesca are the ones that stuck out.

So check if you had cards without the offers.

Thinking of doing the Target Reloadable card for $50 statement credit. But I can't figure out how to "load" this deal from the ad or if it's just a blanket offer that if I apply during this time period, I'll get the SC. When I go directly to the reloadable site, there is no offer there. @miztressuz can you guide me on this one?

https://weeklyad.target.com/promotions?code=Target-20231029&page=33
They follow George Michael and you just gotta have faith. :laughing:

Little unnerving not seeing the offer directly, but as long as you apply during the promo dates it gets added.

ive rented from hertz 3x since the presidential upgrade one time I didn't feel presidential at all and waited over an hour for a car, the other 2 times easy breezy. Typically I do turo but only if the price difference is there.
I've rented with them before also, two times, and like the ability to choose my car from the selection. Haven't had any issues myself but it seems lots of other people have. We wanted an electric car and they offer Teslas so that made the decision, hopefully we don't regret it. We drive an electric car at home (VW ID.4)

I was finally approved for my CIC that I applied for at the beginning of Oct. I got the "need review" message and I missed the phone call to verify my information. But I did get an email from Chase, and was able to upload the requested documents to prove I'm a real person at my address, and about a week later I was approved. I'm sitting at 13 active Chase cards, 7 biz and 6 personal. This is probably too many lol but I was testing the limits to see what would happen. I halfway hoped to be denied so that I could apply for the SW card and get a CP again. P2's expires at the end of this year and he's not eligible for the current SW offer since his last bonus posted in Feb 2022. Alas I will have to wait. At least the 136K URs (SUB + MSR + support to P2) will ease that pain.

I just found out I have to book a trip to Augusta, GA on very short notice.

I don't really have any points with hotels, but I have 400k+ in URs and 150k+ in MRs. I'm not married to either and would be happy to burn them.

Looks like there's a Hyatt downtown for 15k a night. Anyone have any other recs? I'm looking at transferring URs to Hyatt - am I missing anything?

Also - is there any way to attain Hyatt status? I have the Platinum (Personal) and the Venture X right now...

I've rented with them before also, two times, and like the ability to choose my car from the selection. Haven't had any issues myself but it seems lots of other people have. We wanted an electric car and they offer Teslas so that made the decision, hopefully we don't regret it. We drive an electric car at home (VW ID.4)
yeah its the same reason i choose hertz only one that i know who offers EVs its great having a "full tank" at the hotel just like at home.

I just found out I have to book a trip to Augusta, GA on very short notice.

I don't really have any points with hotels, but I have 400k+ in URs and 150k+ in MRs. I'm not married to either and would be happy to burn them.

Looks like there's a Hyatt downtown for 15k a night. Anyone have any other recs? I'm looking at transferring URs to Hyatt - am I missing anything?

Also - is there any way to attain Hyatt status? I have the Platinum (Personal) and the Venture X right now...

It's easy and fast to xfer URs to Hyatt. If there's a way to have Hyatt status without a Hyatt Card and/or cash stays, I'm not aware (but would love to know).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter