I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well shoot. We’re trying to order a deep freezer to keep in the garage to store extra meat and make more room for my breast milk. Apparently everyone else is buying them too? We’ve looked online at Lowe’s, Home Depot, Amazon, and Sears. They pretty much all say backordered and won’t come until August or later. We were wanting it before hurricane season so that doesn’t really work. Dh found one on amazon but it didn’t have great reviews.

We got ours at Sam's Club. Of course I just looked and there aren't any to be had on there. We bought ours about 2 months before our oldest was born. Now 7 years later it's hard to keep it full enough to feed him for a week.

We got ours at Sam's Club. Of course I just looked and there aren't any to be had on there. We bought ours about 2 months before our oldest was born. Now 7 years later it's hard to keep it full enough to feed him for a week.
Thanks for checking. We aren’t members there anymore anyway but I appreciate you looking

Not really since we still have two other vacations on the books but up in the air. September for Ireland and Northern Ireland and December for Dubai and Africa. We may attempt to replace one of those with Hawaii. That would incur an additional $150 per night for the December season though. If those dont pan out then maybe March. I'm so used to planning vacations like a boss and having everything all set way in advance. Now I'm looking at stuff, paralyzed, unable to really change or plan anything with so many balls in the air at once. It looks like I'll be winging it like a peasant and making up plans at the last minute.

That's exactly how I feel. I had 4 vacations fully planned between March 2020 and 2021. One has been rescheduled to August (Disney Hilton Head), 1 fully scrapped and thankfully all refunded (July med cruise followed by a week in the UK), 1 up in the air since Canada won't be allowing cruise ships (Oct DCL to Canada out of NYC), and 1 likely to be voluntarily cancelled by us since I really am not feeling it (March cruise on RCCL Harmony of the Seas).

I'm having to totally relearn how to plan and of course to build all kinds of flexibility into this and go in knowing there's a good chance plans will change dramatically.

I hope you're able to find a great time to make Hawaii work.

Well shoot. We’re trying to order a deep freezer to keep in the garage to store extra meat and make more room for my breast milk. Apparently everyone else is buying them too? We’ve looked online at Lowe’s, Home Depot, Amazon, and Sears. They pretty much all say backordered and won’t come until August or later. We were wanting it before hurricane season so that doesn’t really work. Dh found one on amazon but it didn’t have great reviews.

RVs and freezers are hot commodities this summer for sure!

We bought our deep freezer used on FB marketplace several years ago. Not quite as feasible to do this now but might be worth seeing if anyone local has one.

Definitely ended up better once law enforcement showed up. It was starting to get ugly but this time they came in and got it under control. The people during the day cleaning up are amazing! It’s so sad that others feel such need for destruction.

I was very encouraged by the community coming together to clean up. I think this is a good look for the city and the nation.

RVs and freezers are hot commodities this summer for sure!

We bought our deep freezer used on FB marketplace several years ago. Not quite as feasible to do this now but might be worth seeing if anyone local has one.
We’ll have to see if we can find one!

One year ago today dd and I were in Kyoto; today we were supposed to be in St. Petersburg, Russia, soon to be heading to Bergen, Norway, then on to Oslo and the Arctic. How much things have changed.

Thought I would share a few pics from one year ago...

And one of dd's grad pictures....

Love all the pics! We were in Japan last summer and fell in love. So sorry about the missed trips--we are in the same boat.

There's a few people around here that could/should wear this shirt. :rotfl2:
Saw this on FB a couple weeks ago and loved it. We may get it for DS23 special needs who is *not* amused when he has to fly economy. @calypso726 and @Calfan might remember the canoes in Loch Ness. That is when we started calling him Pharaoh, and he lives the name, LOL.

I saw them in stock at Costco on Friday - 7 cubic feet. Didn't price it as I have one.

Just wanted to check with the experts before making a dumb mistake. I’m about to sign DH up for a Chase Freedom card (not CFU). There’s no referrals for the CF, right? So I (he, of course) can just apply from the regular Chase credit card application website?

DH works at Home Depot, and said his store hasn’t been able to keep any in stock since March. That was one of the things people started lining up for early on in the pandemic.

Just on the DVC website, and I see we are now at 90 days to check in at Aulani. My desire to go is starting to wane. This was the trip of a lifetime and the joy is being sucked out of it by all this. We have no idea when the quarantine will lift or the resort will open. I would guess it might be open when we go. We are starting to work on plan b, a road trip closer to home. I wonder though if they are open and the quarantine lifted shortly before we go, if DVC will still allow the same waivers to cancellation policy. Flying to Hawaii is a whole different animal than a trip to Florida. If they don't, I will lose all 257 points used for that trip, which is all my Oct 2020 points and a portion of 2019. I know no one knows, but I am just thinking out loud here because I know you all listen and don't judge :-)
I also wonder if I cancel before they announce opening date, I would assume the rule waiver applies? UGH.
I know my Delta flight will be refunded because they moved us from a direct Delta One to a connecting first class flight. That's another reason the excitement is dying. First class with reduced services, is certainly not what we planned on for this trip. My AA flight hasn't been changed at all, so who know what they will do.

P2 applying for CSP and the Verifying Your Information screen has been spinning for like 5 minutes at least. Now what??

I saw them in stock at Costco on Friday - 7 cubic feet. Didn't price it as I have one.
We don’t have a membership with them. I wonder if they deliver because we’re trying not to go in stores. Dh called all of the Lowe’s and Home Depot’s in our area and they’re all sold out

ETA: I checked online and it doesn’t look like there’s one besides a 22 cubic feet

Last edited:
We don’t have a membership with them. I wonder if they deliver because we’re trying not to go in stores. Dh called all of the Lowe’s and Home Depot’s in our area and they’re all sold out

ETA: I checked online and it doesn’t look like there’s one besides a 22 cubic feet
Have you considered something like this: https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Garage-Ready-21-9-cu-ft-Top-Freezer-Refrigerator-White/1001431370
I know you aren't looking for a fridge, but if you don't want to wait and you want something delivered, you might need to be flexible.

According to doctor of credit there's a way to turn the $20 amex platinum streaming credit into an amazon gift card. It's a little involved.

If only they could figure out a better way for the cell phone credit when it comes to at&t. Though I guess if you don't stream anything and don't rent movies on amazon it'd be worth while, it just seems like most people stream stuff now days and you can't get good gc deals for all of them.

If only they could figure out a better way for the cell phone credit when it comes to at&t. Though I guess if you don't stream anything and don't rent movies on amazon it'd be worth while, it just seems like most people stream stuff now days and you can't get good gc deals for all of them.
I stream youtube tv, prime video (pay annually with a gift card), and Disney Plus (paid for three years). So youtube tv is the only one I pay for monthly. I was paying with google play gift cards but switched to Amex Platinum. Of course I'm renewing this month so I may only get two months out of it if I don't get a good retention offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter