I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a few people around here that could/should wear this shirt. :rotfl2:

look-like-economy-red-tee-thumb_2000x.jpg

For my fellow WHBM fans, they will be selling masks soon. I've ordered a ton of etsy (for me, dd, mom and dad). Would love a few more just to have other options.
My SIL has been making them for me. I just received these today in prep for USO trip next week.

Attachments

• BF70E8D8-BC33-45C4-857B-3701C1924E02.jpeg
    BF70E8D8-BC33-45C4-857B-3701C1924E02.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 62
  • FF3A712A-10E3-4104-96C6-BCED591F73CB.jpeg
    FF3A712A-10E3-4104-96C6-BCED591F73CB.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 8C7CA034-D0A2-4965-8670-9BB560BF2010.jpeg
    8C7CA034-D0A2-4965-8670-9BB560BF2010.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 62
One year ago today dd and I were in Kyoto; today we were supposed to be in St. Petersburg, Russia, soon to be heading to Bergen, Norway, then on to Oslo and the Arctic. How much things have changed.

Thought I would share a few pics from one year ago...
View attachment 498090

View attachment 498091

View attachment 498093

And one of dd's grad pictures....
View attachment 498095
You gals are beautiful! Thank you for sharing these. Hope you get to take that trip soon!

That's now how it works. You'll get charged the entire AF. I just upgraded in the fall, that's when I got my $300 travel credit. The date I upgrade will be when my next $300 travel credit hits. I didn't get charged for the AF until Feb, so I won't get charged again for the af until next year Feb.

The anniversary date does change in that it matters when you upgrade for the $300. But the ONLY way to have a prorated AF is if you downgrade it before the AF hits again. They WILL NOT charge you less than the $450. Plenty of people on here have upgrade and it's all worked the same, upgrade on June 1 have access to travel credit, 3ish months later the AF hits. June 1, 2021 the travel credit is available again and 3ish months later the AF hits again. If you were to use the travel credit in June 2021 and then PC the card back to a freedom that's when you would get part of your AF back. But whoever that person on the podcast is doesn't know what they're talking about.

OK thanks for clarifying . . . So your being charged the annual fee in Feb had nothing to do with the original anniversary date of your Freedom. They're just generally waiting 3 months to charge the fee from when you upgrade. Kinda odd they wait so long.

That changes things since he'll be able to apply again and get the bonus in November (and hopefully double dip). Looks like we'll be waiting - darn.

I forgot the tooth fairy once and felt terrible. Fortunately it worked out because the tooth moved during the night. DS was very upset thinking that the tooth fairy took his tooth and left him nothing. I was able to convince him that his gift must have fallen. I covertly grabbed some money and he searched under his bed. I located the tooth, replaced it with the money, and he found it a few minutes later. Whew.
One time our daughter announced “ I don’t think the tooth fairy felt safe with the storm last night! Maybe she will come tonight.” Oh man. We felt HORRIBLE! And yes, she did come on that second night.

We forgot once too. DD came out complaining. Later I snuck in, pulled blankets toward the floor and hid a dollar behind the blanket on the floor. Later told her to clean up her room, and eventually she came out with the find. Must have been pulled off the bed by the blanket :confused3

I have forgotten the tooth fairy so many times for multiple children. At 7 my eldest complained to me, “it’s hard to pretend I believe when you keep forgetting!”

I am glad I am not the only one to forget. I generally have been pretty good at remembering and even when forgot at night remembered before they were up in the morning. Last night and this morning I completely spaced it. Thank goodness I had some cash. $10 for one tooth is pretty sweet but I was lucky I had even that handy. In this particular situation a credit card just doesn’t work. 😀

I have forgotten the tooth fairy so many times for multiple children. At 7 my eldest complained to me, “it’s hard to pretend I believe when you keep forgetting!”

It became very hard to be the tooth fairy when DD took to sleeping width-wise on her bunk bed. I can't reach under the pillow! The first time I just left the money and pretended the tooth fairy forgot the tooth. The second time, I said to her, you know it's very hard for the tooth fairy to reach all the way over there. She said but the tooth fairy is small and flies. And then asked me point blank if it was me. She's always been pretty skeptical of the whole thing (Santa too). So the jig was up. Okay then, I guess I'll just give you your dollar? 😆

It became very hard to be the tooth fairy when DD took to sleeping width-wise on her bunk bed. I can't reach under the pillow! The first time I just left the money and pretended the tooth fairy forgot the tooth. The second time, I said to her, you know it's very hard for the tooth fairy to reach all the way over there. She said but the tooth fairy is small and flies. And then asked me point blank if it was me. She's always been pretty skeptical of the whole thing (Santa too). So the jig was up. Okay then, I guess I'll just give you your dollar? 😆
Similar thing happened to me. It’s always sad when the jig is up. These sweet parts of childhood - I tried to keep it up as long as possible. But when they know, then the just know.

Around 8yo DD told me she didn't the the tooth fairy was real. I told her the tooth fairy would only visit kids who believed. She thought it over and asked, "Santa and the Easter bunny too?". I replied "Yep." She paused , then said "I believe", smiled and we both walked away happy.

DS12 otoh has lots of special needs. To him, the characters we visit in the parks are still the one and only, and it has never occurred to him to doubt the ones that visit our house. By the end of football season he did figure out that the mustang mascot was someone in a suit, so we might start seeing some characters fall soon. That will be bittersweet. :eeyore:

Lots of curfews here since yesterday. Made no difference. Last night was horrific in Minneapolis
From what I saw last night it was much better. Other than the rioters dropping gas from the freeway overpass and shooting artillery.

Two good stories I have from the area in the last couple nights. Due to the police station being burned and power being lost on Wednesday night, Minneapolis Public Schools couldn't distribute food to those that depend on aid and food banks on Thursday. Quite a few of the elementary school teachers went around on Friday and took their students and other neighborhood kids to a different school on Friday so they could get food and their families could eat. Thursday night the National Guard wasn't involved at the 5th precinct, they were three blocks west at Horn Towers, a public housing complex that consists of three hi rise apartment buildings that are filled with people that can't take care of themselves. If that complex would have started on fire there would have been thousands of deaths.

From what I saw last night it was much better. Other than the rioters dropping gas from the freeway overpass and shooting artillery.

Two good stories I have from the area in the last couple nights. Due to the police station being burned and power being lost on Wednesday night, Minneapolis Public Schools couldn't distribute food to those that depend on aid and food banks on Thursday. Quite a few of the elementary school teachers went around on Friday and took their students and other neighborhood kids to a different school on Friday so they could get food and their families could eat. Thursday night the National Guard wasn't involved at the 5th precinct, they were three blocks west at Horn Towers, a public housing complex that consists of three hi rise apartment buildings that are filled with people that can't take care of themselves. If that complex would have started on fire there would have been thousands of deaths.
Definitely ended up better once law enforcement showed up. It was starting to get ugly but this time they came in and got it under control. The people during the day cleaning up are amazing! It’s so sad that others feel such need for destruction.

Well some happy news I guess. Some of you may recall that we picked up another of those 6 day 5 night Hawaii time share presentation package deals but with Hilton this time. I called in to add an extension since we aren't going anywhere anytime soon and it was due to expire next month. I was originally told would be $50 or $75 to add extensions when I initially purchased the package. Lo and behold to my surprise the expiration is now March of 2021. I guess they must have added extensions to all of the packages under the current circumstances. One less thing to worry about.

Well some happy news I guess. Some of you may recall that we picked up another of those 6 day 5 night Hawaii time share presentation package deals but with Hilton this time. I called in to add an extension since we aren't going anywhere anytime soon and it was due to expire next month. I was originally told would be $50 or $75 to add extensions when I initially purchased the package. Lo and behold to my surprise the expiration is now March of 2021. I guess they must have added extensions to all of the packages under the current circumstances. One less thing to worry about.

That's great to hear. Do you have any high level dates in mind when you might go?

That's great to hear. Do you have any high level dates in mind when you might go?

Not really since we still have two other vacations on the books but up in the air. September for Ireland and Northern Ireland and December for Dubai and Africa. We may attempt to replace one of those with Hawaii. That would incur an additional $150 per night for the December season though. If those dont pan out then maybe March. I'm so used to planning vacations like a boss and having everything all set way in advance. Now I'm looking at stuff, paralyzed, unable to really change or plan anything with so many balls in the air at once. It looks like I'll be winging it like a peasant and making up plans at the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter