I just paid $80 for 3 drinks at Trader Sam's!

I don't find these prices that ridiculous, as PPs have noted. They are on par with other drink prices on WDW property, and with the price of drinks at more upscale places around here. As long as I'm getting my money's worth than I'm happy, and it sounds like the atmosphere and drinks are worth the price at Trader Sams. Can't wait to visit!

I dont even want to tell you the prices for cocktails, wine and beer in NYC! Holy YIKES! Last summer I took my DGD to the City to see Cinderella and to visit the Museum of Natural History. I ordered her a souvenir glass of punch, andone that was spiked for myself, and almost died! Those silly little plastic drink cups were very expensive! LOL!

You can probably access the outdoor seating area via the patio outside Captain Cooks. There was a also live music out there...and believe me you have not lived until you have seen "Free Bird" performed on ukulele. :D:D:D

Now you did it! I was going to offer to stay behind with the girls while the rest went to the Poly for sushi and a cocktail, but I am now reconsidering! Maybe they all need to stay behind and I get to go to Trader Sams! LOL!

Just curious but are there a lot of kids at TS? Or do kids clear out at a certain time - becoming adult only? I mean after all it is a bar!

The gimmick is paying for the glasses.
It's priced about the same as anywhere if you get it without the glassware.

Just curious but are there a lot of kids at TS? Or do kids clear out at a certain time - becoming adult only? I mean after all it is a bar!

Yes kids are gone at some time (8, maybe)? But it's good for you to know that laws are different from state to state, and at most bars at WDW the kids can be there and can even sit at the bar.

So for anyone who has a Red Robin restaurant, you might want to check out the glass that their mai tai comes in. Seems the glass for the Hippopotamaitai isn't so exclusive....

So for anyone who has a Red Robin restaurant, you might want to check out the glass that their mai tai comes in. Seems the glass for the Hippopotamaitai isn't so exclusive....

Sorry, no, you're incorrect.

Red robin glass:
wrK4Kck.jpg

HippopotoMaiTai glass:
47FA6DU.png

Similar shape but distinctly different faces and colors. The HippopotoMaiTai also says "Trader Sam's" on the back. So... it's exclusive. :)

We got to go to TS last week. It was me, DW, and (adult) DD. I loved it, DW was indifferent, and DD was not amused by the shtick. The drinks were really good, had the Hippo and Uh-Oa and got the souvenir glasses. It's very small--I think the capacity is about 50 people.

With respect to clearing out the children, curfew is 8pm. Just after 7:30, we saw a family with kids come in. I assume they told them the kids wouldn't be allowed to stay long. At 7:48 they made an announcement that kiddie time would end in just a few minutes.

Bellally asked about seating, the place is so small, chances are you won't have much choice of where to sit. There are flat screens around the room so just about any seat will be fine.

everyone who has gone where is the best place to be seated

You don't get seated.. you get to find a spot yourself. However, if they're busy, you won't have much of a choice. I don't believe there are seats for the entire capacity. so you may even need to stand. We've found that sitting at the bar or the big table in the middle is the best. It's a bit more social than the small tables with chairs. There are no 'bad' seats though.

Still confused......if you order a drink without wanting to keep the glass what do they serve the drink in?

I must be out of the loop too since lots of those ingredients I don't even know what they taste like. I guess that's a job for the bartender.

Still confused......if you order a drink without wanting to keep the glass what do they serve the drink in?

I must be out of the loop too since lots of those ingredients I don't even know what they taste like. I guess that's a job for the bartender.

If you order a drink with a souvenir glass but state that you don't want the glass, you will be charged the regular price but don't get to keep the glass. if you want the glass, they will give you a fresh, clean one when you leave.

it sounds like fun to go! i don't know if i would shell out that much money for a souvenir glass though :confused3 i don't even know if i would use them that often

You can always sell the glass on EBay! lol

You know, that was my thought as well.

We plan on going and I can absolutely see my husband ordering a Nautilus and other drinks because he goes for that sort of thing, which will leave me to dust the vessels for the rest of my life, long after he has forgotten about them. The Ebay item may save me the frustration of debating with him while at TS........:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter