I finally rode the Tower, lol!

Cool! What did you think?

I made myself ride the Guardians tower in DCA last year when we went, but I decided pretty quickly that I'm not a huge fan of free-falling :)

Cool! What did you think?

I made myself ride the Guardians tower in DCA last year when we went, but I decided pretty quickly that I'm not a huge fan of free-falling :)
It's weird. It's pulling you down faster than you can fall. I'll ride it again though.

My aunt and my mom rode Tower Of Terror for the first time during my family's first and only Walt Disney World trip way back in 1997 and my mom asked my cousin dad and me if we wanted to ride Tower Of Terror with them and we said no. So anyway my mom and aunt rode on Tower Of Terror and my aunt was so scared of the drops that anytime a drop was gonna happen she would hold my mom's hand and my mom had to control my aunt but my mom was the most bravest because she spent almost the whole ride holding my aunt's hand but they did scream when the drops happened and my mother thought the Tower Of Terror preshow was scary too. And when the ride finished my mom told me and Dad and my cousin the whole story we all laughed and to this day my aunt is still scared of Tower Of Terror. But I don't recall my mom and aunt getting their photo taken on Tower Of Terror

I rode this ride in 2000, on an empty stomach, right after RNRC, and felt sick all day. I have not ridden it since. This past summer my family convinced me to give it another try and I did, thinking maybe it was just a bad combo last time as I generally love thrill rides.

Nope. I wanted to cry the whole ride and couldn't wait for it to be over. Never ever again. I just cannot do the falling.

My family went on it three more times that trip while I saw and enjoyed the sights on Sunset Boulevard. :)

Glad you braved it! Most people I know love the ride.

It's weird. It's pulling you down faster than you can fall. I'll ride it again though.
It’s great! To me it gets easier and less scary each ride. Now I love it but used to get very anxious waiting to board. Last trip we finally had the front center seats - incredible view. What a blast 😁

Best advice I can give is DO NOT HOLD ON. I know people who did not like it much let go and loved it. Total different feeling. If you hold on you are feeling the drop and likely hurting your hands if you let go it is a weightless feeling. And the kid in the back with dark blue shirt has the best seat.

Congrats on conquering your fear!

One of my absolute favorite rides ever! DS and I ride it every time we go at least 2x. But back in 2002 it was DS's first time and he kept saying he wanted to ride it but struggled to overcome his fear. Finally he got on after we promised him a ToT souvenir after the ride. His expression in the picture below tells the whole story (he's the redhead on the left in the middle row) :( He happily rides it now though!

TZTOT%202002-X2.jpg

My aunt was holding my mother's hand so tight when she and Mom rode Tower Of Terror that when the final drop happened my mom was afraid that she and my aunt were gonna fall out because my aunt was so scared. Even when my mom tells my dad and me the story we laugh a lot at it. I'm lucky I didn't ride Tower Of Terror that time with my mom and aunt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter