I don't know a word of Japanese! - A COMPLETED TR!

I will put more pics up. I've just been a bit lazy recently, so it's going to take a little time :rotfl:

So what was your final verdict?

Was it awesome, would you do it again, recommend to others, everything you imagined ....

hmm... OK

We'd do it again, but differently - either learn some of the language or take someone who was fluent - I'd also make sure I had a lot more money with me as the shopping over there is amazing, but expensive...

I loved Nara and would recommend it to everyone.

TDL was amazing and almost felt like my own private DL, even when it was really busy.

After discussion, I think we enjoyed Mexico more, but Japan is something completely different and well out of our comfort zone, so I'm extremely happy we did it.

I would go back in a slightly cooler temperature. Maybe around high 20s. While I really enjoy the heat, and my ideal holiday is on a beach in 30 odd degree temps, for Japan, and the amount of touring we did, it would have been better if it was cooler. I'm aware that we would need to trade off crowds for the better temperature, but I think it would be worth it.

If we were to go to Kyoto again I wouldn't stay in the same area. It was really handy for transport, but it wasn't near anything, and I feel we missed out on a lot of Kyoto, simply because we didn't really know where to find it. I don't think I saw one geisha while there.

The electronics weren't really everything I imagined. I think I was picturing really high tech gadgets and stuff every where, and that wasn't the case. Their technology didn't seem any more advanced then ours, but they had a lot more variety.

So to sum up - Yes it was awesome, I'd go again, I'd recommend it to others, but you can't imagine Japan until you've seen it, it's unlike anything else :laughing:

Thanks - I still go through waves of "yes it's going to be great" and "OMG what was I thinking" but it's too late to change my mind now. So i am grateful for some reassuring words.
I am thankful we are going in April and hopefully weather will be mild, if anything I think it will be on the cool side, planning to wear jeans and long sleeve tees, but am worried about crowds at that time. I have no control over either, so whatever will be will be.

I

You'll love it! Just remember if you're starting to feel overwhelmed then just take a step back. Find a nice park and just sit and people watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter