I can do this...Karyn's journal to lose 20!

Oh my goodness...a bad weekend turned into a worse Monday. Jack had a rough weekend and I had hoped that when he woke up this morning that he would be better. Didn't happen! I took him to school and one thing set him off. After that, it went downhill. I had to just bring him home. I feel so bad because I couldn't control him enough to keep him at school, but after such a long weekend, I physically couldn't deal with him any longer! I hurt my back today trying to get him down the hall to go home. When he gets like this, he buckles his legs and becomes dead weight. I couldn't leave him in the hall because the kids were heading to lunch and would trample him! I finally got him down to the office area and asked the secretary to watch him long enough for me to take all of the stuff in my arms out to the car so that I could come back and drag him out. Now I'm exhausted. Eating hasn't been good today because I am a stress eater. I didn't make very good choices.

Breakfast-granola bar (4 pts)

Lunch-grits (2 pts) and chicken nuggets (8 pts)

snack-cheese (5 pts) and crackers (2 pts)

Dinner-4 pcs wheat toast (2 pts) and jelly (1 pt)

Total...24 pts...not as bad as I thought.

Wow, what a stressful day! At least when you stress eat, you just eat stuff that is not that healthy for a meal. You don't do as much damage that way! My problem is snacking. A cookie here, a handful of nuts there, a granola bar, more nuts, couple bites of ice cream... you get the point. So be proud of yourself for not doing that! :banana:

I hope your DS starts having some better days. It's gotta be tough. Be sure to schedule in some Karyn time away from the kids. Hang in there! :grouphug:

It's amazing the difference that one day can make. Jack was like a different child today...so calm and agreeable! A lot of prayers went up last night, and I see the results! I just hope that it lasts.

Today was better eating-wise, also! I messed up and ate a salad for lunch and was hungry all day! I'll be going back to a sandwich tomorrow.

I got registered for classes at the local college today. I'm really excited about that! At almost 31 years old, it's time that I decided what I want to be when I grow up!!

Breakfast-Lean Pocket (6 pts)

Lunch-salad (0 pts), fat free dressing (1 pt), turkey (1 pt), cheese (1 pt) and bacon bits (2 pts) and a clementine (.5 pts)

snack-carrots (0 pts)

Dinner-grits (2 pts) and mac and cheese (4 pts)...I know that it's an odd combo, but it tasted good together!!

Total...17.5 pts...I'll probably eat something small before bed...that salad did NOTHING for me today!! :flower:

Have you tried a salad with a half sandwich? I've found that fills me up WAY better than a salad alone. You are still doing really good considering all the stress you have been dealing with lately!

Keep it up, you can do it! :cheer2:

I don't know how it happened, but I was 3 pounds HEAVIER this morning from yesterday! :earseek: I ate a small bowl of cereal before bed, but it shouldn't have made that much of a difference. I tried to do well today. I hope that it had something to do with TOM and I will be back to normal tomorrow. I had the pre-TOM weight gain last week, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. We shall see...

Breakfast-none

Lunch-sandwich and pretzels (5 pts)

snack-cheese and crackers (7 pts)

Dinner-turkey (2 pts), whole wheat Stove Top (4 pts), and 1 biscuit (3 pts)

Total...21 points...not bad!!

Hi Karyn,

Sorry to hear that you were having a stressful day with you son. Like Amy said though, at least you didn't just snack.

I am sure that the 3 pounds is from TOM. It'll come off in no time.

Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday. Keep up the great work!

I don't think a 3lb gain overnight is anything more than water. Did you eat some extra salty things? TOM definitely doesn't help either. It'll go away, never fear!

Your eating looked really good yesterday! Are you drinking enough water? What about exercise? Even if it is running up and down the stairs for 5 minutes a couple times a day, that will work!

Hang in there! :cheer2:

Another bad day...I took Jack to the doctor this morning and she changed his medication to Metadate CD. The Adderall had too many side effects. We got done with the appt and I had planned to take him on to school. Jack screamed until I finally just brought him home. I came home sad, so...I ate. I need to stop doing that, but it's just out of my control when I feel so bad. I tried to keep up with what I ate. Warning...it's not pretty! :earseek:

Breakfast-leftover turkey (3 pts)
3 small biscuits (4 pts)
syrup (2 pts)

Lunch-PB&J on wheat bread (6 pts)
pretzels (2 pts)

Snack-4 mini egg rolls (5 pts)

Dinner-mini Dobosh torte (4 pts)

Total...26 pts...I should not have had the egg rolls or the mini torte. I didn't get any exercise other than dragging Jack to the car. I have really got to do better with exercising. I hope this new medication works! Keep your fingers crossed!! :flower:

I hope the medication works and you also can get your emotional eating in check! Does he also go to a behavioral therapist? Hang in there, you can do it! :cheer2:

You have really been through a lot lately with Jack. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope this current meds helps him out. DD is also on Concerta which has little side effects but I know that you do have to watch what medicines interact with other medicines. I know the effects of a child with OCD and ADHD and panic disorders so I do really feel for you. But the love that you give him, although exhausting at times, is the best thing you can do for him and one day he'll appreciate it so much!!!!!!! Just remember to take care of yourself.

And good for you for going and registering for classes!!!! Hope they aren't too hard and are also fun.

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Happy Holidays Karyn!

Hope you are well and everything is going okay. Hope you have a great holiday!

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

Hi Karyn,

You have been going thourgh a lot with Jack lately. Hopefully this new medicine will help!

Hope all is okay, Happy Friday!

It's been a while since I last posted. Christmas was so hectic! Jack's medication made him MUCH worse, so I took him off of it. The school FINALLY has an aide that will start with him on the 4th of January. I will still have to go with him for a few days to get him acclimated to the aide, but I am praying so hard that he will do well without me there. If any of you come across the book "Eating an Artichoke" by Echo Fling, that is the story of Jack. He behaves so much like the child in the book. My mom gave it to me for Christmas. Speaking of my mom, they were able to come this past week and it was so great! I miss them now, though. The house is too quiet!

I won't even go into what all I have eaten over the holiday. I got on the scale this morning and screamed! :scared1: I weighed 136. Not pretty, but the new year is upon us, and I will get back on the wagon!! I thought about signing up for Weight Watchers, but I haven't made up my mind yet. $44 a month is a lot for me to spend right now.

LET'S GET STARTED!!! :cheer2:

Happy New Year and Happy New ME!!! I must not have done so bad yesterday, because the scale said 132.4 this morning. I have been trying to drink more water...I got the 8 ounce bottles and it's much easier to get down that way. It doesn't seem like so much water at one time. I haven't eaten breakfast this morning yet, and I'm not sure about what I am doing for lunch. I know that I'll do better today!! :flower:

Happy New Year! I don't think you are the only one to put a few lbs on this holiday... Sounds like yours was mostly water since you are back down today! That is a great start!

As for WW, is there any kind of discount you can get? I know the military has all kinds of things like that. And if you think that is what it will take to get you to stay on track, that $44/month is worth it!

I'm glad you had a nice visit with your family. I hope things calm down with Jack at school this year. There is a successful combination, you just have to find it!

What a great day! I feel more in control than I have in a long time. I hope that I can keep this momentum going. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Breakfast-none

Lunch-2 chicken medallions (4 pts)
mashed potatoes (4 pts)
corn (1 pt)
crescent roll (3 pts)...yes, I only had one!!!

Dinner-Lean Pocket (6 pts)

Total...18 pts...under the pts that I need, but I drank sweet tea twice today, and that probably took me up to the 20 pts.
:sunny:

Today has started out well. I didn't get on the scale this morning because I ate breakfast before I thought to weigh. I'm getting hungry now, and I'll probably do a sandwich or Lean Pocket. DH is gone for a few days, so I won't have to cook any meals. It makes it so much easier to control what I eat that way!

Breakfast- 2 Eggland's Best eggs (3 pts)
about 1/4 cup of cheese (2 pts)
sprinkle of bacon bits (1 pt)

I can't believe that small amount of food filled me up for 3 hours! I had gotten used to eating enough for 2 people!! I have tried to drink more water, but I am just not a water drinker. I'm doing better, though. I drank 8 oz this morning and it just about killed me! I cut back the sugar that I put in tea by about half, so hopefully that will help! Baby steps...

Another great day! I like being in control.

Breakfast-omelette (6 pts)

Lunch-soup (2 pts)
turkey sandwich (4 pts)

snack-7 yogurt covered pretzels (4 pts)
5 Pringles potato chips (2 pts)

Dinner- chicken medallions (4 pts)
mashed potatoes (3 pts)

Total...25 pts...the snacks put me over, but I'll just dip into the flex points and watch it the rest of the week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter