Hurricane Milton - WDW Resorts Related Updates & Planning Thread

Walt Disney World Hurricane Policy Extended for Second Time as Milton Approaches Florida

Walt Disney World Extends Hurricane Policy Through Oct. 14th

The Hurricane Policy was originally set to run through Saturday, October 12th, but Walt Disney World extended the validity period yesterday to run through October 13th. In an update this morning, Walt Disney World has extended that validity period again, and the Hurricane Policy will now be in effect through Monday, October 14th. Interestingly, they also changed the start date of the policy from Oct. 6th to Oct. 8th, but both dates are in the past anyway at this point. Here’s the announcement:
  • Due to potential weather impacts to guest travel plans, change and cancellation fees imposed by Disney will be waived for check-in dates of Tuesday, 10/8 – Monday, 10/14.
  • Most room-only and vacation packages can be modified, or cancelled online, including changes to travel dates, without fees. Packages including air transportation or other services provided by third parties, or those with travel protection, cannot be modified or cancelled online. For Guests with these reservations, please call us for assistance.
As a reminder, Walt Disney World will begin closing select locations starting tomorrow morning, but we still don’t have an announcement about any theme park operational changes.

Walt Disney World Hurricane Policy Extended for Second Time as Milton Approaches Florida

Walt Disney World Extends Hurricane Policy Through Oct. 14th

The Hurricane Policy was originally set to run through Saturday, October 12th, but Walt Disney World extended the validity period yesterday to run through October 13th. In an update this morning, Walt Disney World has extended that validity period again, and the Hurricane Policy will now be in effect through Monday, October 14th. Interestingly, they also changed the start date of the policy from Oct. 6th to Oct. 8th, but both dates are in the past anyway at this point. Here’s the announcement:
  • Due to potential weather impacts to guest travel plans, change and cancellation fees imposed by Disney will be waived for check-in dates of Tuesday, 10/8 – Monday, 10/14.
  • Most room-only and vacation packages can be modified, or cancelled online, including changes to travel dates, without fees. Packages including air transportation or other services provided by third parties, or those with travel protection, cannot be modified or cancelled online. For Guests with these reservations, please call us for assistance.
As a reminder, Walt Disney World will begin closing select locations starting tomorrow morning, but we still don’t have an announcement about any theme park operational changes.
I chatted with them this morning and the CM said the storm would be long gone by the 13th when we arrive and everything will be perfectly magical. Color me skeptical.

I chatted with them this morning and the CM said the storm would be long gone by the 13th when we arrive and everything will be perfectly magical. Color me skeptical.
Like, what did you expect them to say regarding Sunday? Everything right now indicates you won’t be impacted at all…

Like, what did you expect them to say regarding Sunday? Everything right now indicates you won’t be impacted at all…
Skyliner will be open, Water park open, all restaurants open as usual? I dont doubt parks will be open but I anticipate some limited offereings within that. Happy to be wrong....depends on how impacted they are.

Skyliner will be open, Water park open, all restaurants open as usual? I dont doubt parks will be open but I anticipate some limited offereings within that. Happy to be wrong....depends on how impacted they are.
so you want them to predict the future? no one evens knows where the storm is going to hit or how powerful it will be. THe projections today represent the models that still have a 100 mile error (50 each way). What they can tell you is that the storm will be long gone by Thursday evening (October 10) so that by the 13th, the expectation is that everything will be up an running. So will it? They don't know, but they are being positive, and that WDW has never had to shut everything down for an extended period of time when a storm comes through.

Yes, at this time they anticipate everything functioning on Sunday. Can that change? Yes, that’s why your ticket has fine print.

If you’re worried about disappointment go in expecting none of that to be functioning then it will be a happy surprise if you find out it is!

so you want them to predict the future? no one evens knows where the storm is going to hit or how powerful it will be. THe projections today represent the models that still have a 100 mile error (50 each way). What they can tell you is that the storm will be long gone by Thursday evening (October 10) so that by the 13th, the expectation is that everything will be up an running. So will it? They don't know, but they are being positive, and that WDW has never had to shut everything down for an extended period of time when a storm comes through.
If you read the conversation you will see that I am admitting I dont know the future.....come on.

If you read the conversation you will see that I am admitting I dont know the future.....come on.
Skyliner will be open, Water park open, all restaurants open as usual?

This conversation? Where you are asking if they will have the Skyliner open, or the water park open, or all the restaurants open?

This conversation? Where you are asking if they will have the Skyliner open, or the water park open, or all the restaurants open?
Is there any day of the year where everything is working? There always seems to be at least 10 -15 % of WDW closed , whether it be ride, restaurant or resort offering. Some due to refurb and some due to other last min issues.

But I think if I had a trip in a few days, I'd be thinking twice depending how important getting to do XYZ is. With refurbs , at least you know ahead of time. With this, who knows what might not be ready for guests in two days.

It is there if you want to go read it, I can't understand it for you...

It is there if you want to go read it, I can't understand it for you...
what are you trying to say? I read (and understand) that you commented on MRSAP's post about the Hurricane Policy extending to the 14th even though you get in on the 13th. Then Gottalovepluto says - what did you expect?..... Then you stated your point that they could have told you that Skyliner or water park or restaurants would be open. So what am I missing. You are skeptical that the cast member told you it was going to be magical. But you aren't expecting them to tell you what will be open? or are you?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest