How'd you pick your DIS name?

Mine harks back to my much younger days on the internet. When i was about 13 (oh how time flies) i was really into with an internet site called Neopets (i was young and foolish). Since they have so many people on that site, it was hard to find an original username without the numbers. After a lot of trying i found a nice sounding name that hadn't been used before (if a wee bit childish, but hey i was 13!). From them on it kind of stuck as something i can rememeber!

I am pale(understatement) and freckled so everyone is always suprised that red isn't my natural haircolor. I'm really a dark brunette, but whenever I go back to my real color people tell my that they like my "real" haircolor better and that the dark hair looks too harsh on me. So I tried to type fakeredhead on a forum years ago and mispelled it. :headache: But the upside is that fakereadhed is never taken and most people don't notice the difference.

Boringly, it's my first name :)
My title under my name is what the kids in school call me (I'm a Spanish teacher :) )

:goodvibes

Not too interesting. I am a mom to Hallie and she was born in 01. I actually am a mom to Tyson as well. When I joined I was under the impression that Hallie would be my only child due to certain issues. But apparently there were other plans for me. Poor kid when he sees my username he may get a complex and I will be paying for his therapy for years. :lmao:

Becky

Just wondering how some of you picked your DIS names. I've seen some really interesting and obsure Disney references (like COCOWUM :) )and I was just wondering. Mine is not so creative.

I love the music in Pocahontas. Especially, "Just Around the Riverbend". That's how I picked my username...(Should I marry Cocowum, is all my dreaming at an end...) I love that line. :goodvibes DD and I had been listening to that song over and over, right when I joined the DIS. So, Cocowum it was! I didn't even think about the fact that it was a boys name. :laughing:

My DS7 called me mommyceratops for years, when I was finally brave enough to get a screen name after lurking awhile, that is what I picked...our whole family had dinosaur names...there is a daddyceratops on the board with about 5 posts who lurks some times.

My last name is Fox....and there used to be two of us (DH and I), so unoriginal enough, two-foxes. If we keep having little ones, we may have to add on...but I know there is a 4 foxes in Pa running around here!:)

Another boring one here....it's my name. I have wanted to change it to something more fun over the years but I didn't want to lose my start date....I've been here a long time. My posts count doesn't show it, until about 2 years ago I was just a lurker with only about 30 posts.

Tinkerbell is my favorite, and we have similar fiesty personalities. I also identify with her pronounced rear end! :laughing: Obviously "Tinkerbell" was taken already, and I thought "Stinkerbell" was an even better desription of me anyway. 317 (St Patrick's Day) is my bday, a fact which no one I ever meet ever forgets.:goodvibes

Mine is a combination of some Disney (Uncle Remus) and the old TV show "Family Ties".
Remember the episode where Alex is trying to tutor Mallory for a H.S. Quiz Bowl show? He asks her a question--"Rome was founded by Romulus and--??". She replies --"Uncle Remus?"
Thus was Uncleromulus born!

Mine is "simplybusy".

I have 4 kids ages 15-2, and keeping up with all the different things they're doing and different directions they're going keeps me busy to say the least!! In all this chaos, I still try to live a little more simply than the average person. In theory, it should work out that way - in reality, not so much. :laughing:

I figured that it was enough of a contradiction in terms, that it seemed to work as a perfect name! It's also a screen name that I use on some other boards.

Strangeite is the descriptive term for magicians that follow in the footsteps of Jonathan Strange in Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. Which is a not only a wonderful novel but Suzanne Clarke, in my opinion, has created an entirely new genre.

Mine started about 10 years ago, when my then boyfriend, now husband, started a hotmail account. I picked disneymm, because of my initials. Then two years later we were married and I changed it to disneym2m. The first M being my maiden name and the second M being my married name. Technically my initials are MMMM but I figured that was too much. So I use disneym2m for everything.

By the way, I love all these storied and everyone's thinking.

jewjubean actually was started because i've always been called JU (julia) and my good friend is jew (julie) we've always been called the jewju's and bean is what i call my car (random i know) so thats where i got it :D

Well, as my tag says, I do identify with Pumbaa's flatulence issues. :rolleyes1 I have been a fan of the movie The Lion King and The Lion King 1-1/2 since they both came out. Timon & Pumbaa are great characters and I love the actors that provide their voices too. I collect Timon & Pumbaa pins, so while it's not the most creative name in the world, it's the name that I chose for myself.

I've been Scarlett873 for as long as I can remember! When we were teens, I was obsessed with Gone With the Wind and DH always said that I reminded him of Scarlett. He's always called me Scarlett and since he reminds me of Rhett and Rhett and Scarlett go together...I called him Rhett!

I was born in August 1973...hence 873...

DH comes around here every now and then, and fittingly, he's Rhett972! Can you figure that one out? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter