How to Plan a Private Anniversary Dessert Party at Epcot

i'm quite upset now, i was looking forward to doing this for our anniversary

I don't think you should give up just yet. :thumbsup2

For one thing, Disney is notorious for shades of gray - not to say that my planner doesn't have the right info, but that there always seem to be exceptions and updates and changes. So until you get a definitive "no" I think there's still hope.

Also, it could be that these new packages are also at UK Pubside and very similar to what was available before. I just wish they'd get a move on and release the info - the campaign is already 3 months old! :rolleyes:

What a great way to celebrate your anniversary!!! Thanks for sharing all the details. I hope they continue to offer this in some form--reading your report got my wheels turning for our 10th next year.:goodvibes

Yes I hope so because I only have...

3 months... 3 weeks and five days to plan!! lolol

This gets stranger and stranger. I just sent in my signed contract on 3/16. My CC hasn't been charged (as of yesterday).

I wonder if the confusion is because they aren't regular wedding dessert parties offered by wedding planners, but "Illuminations Dessert Parties" offered by Disney Catering?

I hope they don't cancel my DP. John called his Dad on Saturday and got them to extend their stay an extra day, just so they could attend the DP!

I have learned of at least one other person who was able to book, so I'm sure your party is legit! :thumbsup2

I'll keep my fingers crossed that everyone else who wants one is able to book too. :goodvibes

I called last week (wilderness lodge) and had them batch me through. Again I was told they are no longer doing them in lower UK and only those who bookedbefore a certain date will be honored...

grr

Thank you for posting this, I love your pictures!

How did you get Roots to photograph your DP if no outside photography is allowed?

They were guests at our party and happened to take pictures while they were there. :thumbsup2 Because it wasn't a Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding event, nobody seemed to mind, but if we had, say, a vow renewal in Epcot, they wouldn't be allowed to take pix. :sad1:

They were guests at our party and happened to take pictures while they were there. :thumbsup2 Because it wasn't a Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding event, nobody seemed to mind, but if we had, say, a vow renewal in Epcot, they wouldn't be allowed to take pix. :sad1:

Ahh... I thought it was maybe something like that. :( Oh well, guess I'll see how much of an arm and a leg DPS wants to charge me.

The Dessert Party photo package is $350, and you get all your images on disc. Of all the Disney photography, their dessert party shots are the ones I have the least trouble with :-)cutie:). The photographers know IllumiNations backwards and forwards, so they really do get good shots of the fireworks. :thumbsup2

A few questions I've thought of... the area you eat in looks fairly small (no big deal), but is this the same area that you watch Illuminations in?

One of the big reasons for the DP is the spectacular pictures of dh and I in our wedding outfits with the fireworks going off in the background. Will we be able to get these pictures in this area??

That is the only area, but what you might do is have them move the smaller table to the left of the big table and stand under the open arch between UK Pubside and the patio that's attached to Rose & Crown for pictures, since it doesn't have a roof over it. :thumbsup2

Thanks... we'll be there in 6.5 weeks, so I'll have to swing by and see how the pictures will look... it really is all about the pictures for me. :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter