How to Plan a Private Anniversary Dessert Party at Epcot

Congratulations - that is so exciting! I think you are going to love UK Pubside. :lovestruc

I'd been waiting for you to post your pictures when you said you were doing a trip report, LOL. And it's good to know that the smoke from the fireworks didn't come that way - although I know that 'depends on the wind'. We were thinking of maybe bringing some little fans in case it blows our way that night, LOL.

Thanks for all the info! :)

Sooo awesome. I am considering doing this now for vin as well as the photoshoot in Epcot. We have ressies that night for Ohana, but perhaps the following friday I can do something like this...

So you just called them up and bingo bango they helped?

Wow Carrie you are an awsome planner :worship: We plan to go back to Disney about 9 months after our wedding and it'll be our 10 year anniversary when we are there so I think I may be stealing your idea for that night.

Carrie if you dont mind me asking how much deposit did you put down?

I was thinking of doing this instead of the dinner, that way my parents can join us as it would be so nice.

Thanks for sharing all the info! Your 'party' looked fabulous and I bet tasted even better.

Happy Anniversary!!

Sooo awesome. I am considering doing this now for vin as well as the photoshoot in Epcot. We have ressies that night for Ohana, but perhaps the following friday I can do something like this...

So you just called them up and bingo bango they helped?

Yes! Now I've heard that some people have to leave a message when they call the main number and sometimes they have trouble getting a call back, so you might have to be persistent....

Carrie if you dont mind me asking how much deposit did you put down?

I was thinking of doing this instead of the dinner, that way my parents can join us as it would be so nice.

That would be nice! :goodvibes Our deposit was $340.80, which is the sum of the $106.50 venue rental fee and our anticipated food and beverage revenue of $234.30 (the $220 minimum plus sales tax but not including service charge).

I just called to try to book this, and was told it would be $210 PER PERSON, and haveto pay for 10 people, since that is what the space is reserved for. :confused3 I'd really like to be able to book this as a surprise for my DF on our honeymoon. Can you give me a good point of contact Carrie?

I just called to try to book this, and was told it would be $210 PER PERSON, and haveto pay for 10 people, since that is what the space is reserved for.

The thing is, $220 (total) IS the minimum for 10 people, so I'm not sure what that person was talking about.

The food and beverage minimum at all Epcot locations is $22/person. UK Pubside holds 10 people, so you pay $220. At, say, French Island Arm, the minimum is 20 people. You pay $22/person, so the minimum is $440.

It sounds like a miscommunication to me....

I got the same info as well when I called to book as we are less than 6 months, any advice carrie??

I wonder if you talked to the same person! :rotfl:

I would say, don't panic until you talk to an actual event coordinator. Sometimes the people who answer the phone don't have all the details. I can't believe that they would have raised the minimum to almost 10 times the previous rate in the space of a few months (but then this is Disney - maybe I'm being naive! ;) )

I find that crazy, especially since I spent less per person for our wedding dp. I think it is just confusion. Or at least I hope it is.

Carrie -

I just wanted to verify that you didn't pay a "small party" fee since you had less than 10 people. I've been thinking about this since my planner put in on the "sample pricing sheet" she emailed me.

Right now we've got 9 people total with food cost of $25pp, which is $225, so we meet the $220 minimum for food. If I can get a 10th person, the food cost is $250. It'd be cheaper for me to pay for a 10th "missing person" at $25 than to pay a $50 small party fee for 9 people.

I think I'll email her on Monday anyway, but just wanted some back-up from a BTDT person. Thanks!

I just looked in my contract, and under Food & Beverage Pricing, it says, "If the actual number of guests at your function is less than 20, you also agree to pay us a service charge of $50."

However, I went back over my itemized final bill, and this charge is nowhere to be found. :confused3

It makes sense because all the other Epcot terraces have small-party fees, but maybe Disney is spotty about enforcing them...?

Strange. You didn't mention it earlier in the thread either - just the venue fee and the $220 food/beverage minimum, and they knew you were planning a party of two.

I'll get to work on filling my 10th spot - or grab someone walking by in Epcot and sprinkle them with pixie dust, LOL.

They told me the same thing :(
Kind of confused and worried at the same time because I really wanted to do this :(

OK, I heard back from my event planner, and she says that now they aren't doing small dessert parties at UK Pubside anymore! :sad1: I don't know why, after all these years, they suddenly decide to stop it right after we all discovered them. :mad:

But she says they are working on new packages to go with the "What Will You Celebrate?" campaign, so I hope to hear more about those when they materialize. I also hope things go back to normal after this stoopid campaign is over - it seems to be reducing the number of unique celebration options at WDW instead of increasing it. :sad2:

OK, I heard back from my event planner, and she says that now they aren't doing small dessert parties at UK Pubside anymore! :sad1: I don't know why, after all these years, they suddenly decide to stop it right after we all discovered them. :mad:

But she says they are working on new packages to go with the "What Will You Celebrate?" campaign, so I hope to hear more about those when they materialize. I also hope things go back to normal after this stoopid campaign is over - it seems to be reducing the number of unique celebration options at WDW instead of increasing it. :sad2:

Oh no, now I am beyond sad. I can't believe that they are doing that....
Guess if i paid 600 dollars I could do it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter