How much do you REALLY spend on food at Disney???

My budget for eating out has not changed over the years despite Disney's doubling, tripling and in some cases quadrupling the prices of food.

What has changed: For a week's trip we will eat breakfast out once, we're not morning folk anyway, give me my coffee on my balcony and I'm happy.
When we don't have a full kitchen, I bring a covered skillet (yes, it's heavy, but small to pack) So I'll order from a delivery service like Instacart/publix, Amazon or Walmart for meals that can be made using it or the microwave. Nothing messy to clean up, that's what's important as well as making it quick.

Meals for the rest of the week are usually one per day, alternating TS with QS.

As I've told my family, as long as I have my pass Disney can increase their prices as much as they want and I'll still be fine, probably eating healthier for it too since I can control the ingredients.

To me it is rarely a money saver because only my DH drinks, and notmuch( not me or sons that are 20 and 22), and we usually want to have an appitizer over dessert at a TS and even at a QS we re nore likely to get the vastly better snacks around the parks than at the QS locations. It still has come put less money paying OOP. I like not being locked in to trying to get your money's worth, grazing, trying items at kiosks... The only way I can remotely see it being worth it is if you plan on all character meals , buffets and only the most expensive items on the menu and get the alchol and eat all the desserts. Save your money, go OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter