How many times have you been kicked out of somewhere?

I've been asked to leave a customer's house when I was called to a meeting to diffuse a situation of extreme conflict for one of my Technicians. The guy was very unreasonable in his demands and I couldn't give him what he wanted. There was also an element of culture clash and he was not happy to be dealing with a woman in a position of authority.

Was told to go home a few times from work due to them wanting to cut hours or me working being sick.

We were offered drinks at the bar to free up a table at a restaurant. But we weren’t kicked out. That’s about the only time I can remember actually leaving sort of involuntarily. Lol

I've been asked to leave a customer's house when I was called to a meeting to diffuse a situation of extreme conflict for one of my Technicians. The guy was very unreasonable in his demands and I couldn't give him what he wanted. There was also an element of culture clash and he was not happy to be dealing with a woman in a position of authority.

Gotta love guys like that 🙄

I was kicked out of a bar once, but it was my friends fault because he got into a fight.

Once.

I was kicked out of the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam when I was 18. I very gently touched a painting with the tip of my finger. The thick paint was so compelling my hand reached out before I even had a second to think. Screamed at in Dutch by a guard and pushed out the front door. My choir director was furious with me.

We went on to visit many other museums during that trip, but I never went closer than 8-10 feet from a painting or sculpture. Didn't trust myself. Too tactile a person, I guess. I rarely have gone back to museums after that time, come to think of it.

When I was a social worker I was kicked out of somebody's home. I just had to come back and bring the police with me.

In my personal life, I cannot remember being kicked out of anywhere.

Never. As a government contractor with a security clearance, that could be a job killer.

Once.

I was kicked out of the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam when I was 18. I very gently touched a painting with the tip of my finger. The thick paint was so compelling my hand reached out before I even had a second to think. Screamed at in Dutch by a guard and pushed out the front door. My choir director was furious with me.

We went on to visit many other museums during that trip, but I never went closer than 8-10 feet from a painting or sculpture. Didn't trust myself. Too tactile a person, I guess. I rarely have gone back to museums after that time, come to think of it.
That sounds like something I would do. 😝 You’d think they’d have them sectioned off so people couldn’t touch them, but then again, I’m not very familiar with those types of museums In Amsterdam.

Was kicked out of a few city parties as a teenager showing up as part of a large group. I had a fresh post-operative patient once suffering from delirium and hallucinations who thought I was trying to kill him, and kicked me out of his room (or he was going to hurt me). That stung, but coworkers took over for me. There may be others but I can’t think of more right now.

That sounds like something I would do. 😝 You’d think they’d have them sectioned off so people couldn’t touch them, but then again, I’m not very familiar with those types of museums In Amsterdam.
Nowadays we often do, below a picture of the Van Gogh Museum.
You are supposed to stay behind the poles/rope. But you can lean over it and touch them, if you want (to be yelled at and thrown out ;) )

Got booted from Pleasure Island once. I was 20 and took a sip of my sister's alcoholic drink.

University had a screening of John Carpenter's Vampires, and I was asked to leave because "there weren't enough seats". There were other folks standing around, seat-less. But no, I had to miss out on the one John Carpenter film with a decent opening and a really crappy second and third act.

@Karin1984 I was at the Van Gogh many decades ago. There were no ropes or partitions back then. You could stand nose to nose with the paintings. The signs telling patrons not to touch anything were in Dutch, but as a basic rule, I knew that you were not allowed to touch art work. The gorgeous "paint glob" strokes were just too delicious-looking, though, and my finger went there. I deserved to be yelled at (I didn't need to know Dutch to understand what he was saying as he dragged me to the door, haha)!

I decided that, for me, art has to be touched as well as viewed, so that pretty much limits my options to kiddie interactive stuff or photo exhibits. It is textures that call out to me.
Later on that trip, I saw the Mona Lisa from nearly 15 feet away; she looked like a postage stamp!

Kicked out of two bars over the years.
Once after a company party at a fancy hotel. 4 of us. It was a Sunday night, and we were the only ones in there at 10 pm, but if we left the bartender could close 4 hours early and go home.

Second time the bar at the Disneyland hotel. California law says you can't served after 2 am. Disney, to avoid any issues with their liquor license, doesn't serve after 1:15 am. They bring you plastic cups to put your unfinished drinks in at 1:30 am and ask you to leave. They want the patrons all out, dishes all done, and lights out at 2 am. It was odd given this was back in the days when Disneyland used to stay open until 1 am, and we had literally just arrived from the park for a night cap before bed.

Twice. Once at a very small restaurant. I was on a date and the restaurant needed our table and asked us to leave. We had finished our meal and were chatting over coffee, so I don't blame them. The other time my girlfriend and I were at a club, we were 19 or 20 and the drinking age laws had just changed in our state where our age group was allowed to drink wine coolers and maybe near-beer (I can't recall exactly). We tried to buy a regular drink or beer and the bouncer kicked us out. We never tried that again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter