How many days will you wear shorts or pants before they go in the dirty clothes?

Two to three days, obviously depending on what's going on. If I'm doing yard work or something else that causes me to sweat a lot, they'll go right in the laundry. But just "wearing"? Two to three days. When I travel for work, I wear jeans on the plane and have two pair of slacks in my carry on. I'll rotate between those three (usually 5-6 days including travel).

I never wear the same piece of clothing two days in a row, or even twice in the same week - I just don't. That said, I also don't automatically wash every item after a single wearing, except for underwear. If it's clean enough to be worn again, I'll put it away for next time. Skirts/pants can often go quite a while without going in the laundry or to the cleaners.

I wear jeans for three days, tops just once unless I only wear it out for the evening.
This.
I don’t think I even own enough pants to wear a fresh one every day.
I wear either good jeans or dress pants (capris in summer) to work and will wear them a few times before washing.

On vacation I take fresh top for each day (unless planning on doing laundry) and a few pants.

Everything (not underwear) gets worn twice before washing. That is for me - my family only once! Guess who does the laundry LOL.

Owning enough clothes is part of the issue for me as well. I have three pairs of jeans right now, unless you count my painting clothes, a pair I wear for hiking or yard work, or all the ones in my closet that don't fit me. My favorite pair gets worn a lot, but I still only do laundry when I'm running low on underwear or shirts. :rolleyes1

I wear jeans several days unless I get dirty/sweaty. Capris or long pants, maybe twice. Tops tend to be once unless I just put it on for dinner - I might get set it aside to wear in the daytime a couple of days later.

OP - you didn't say when you will be in Greece - when I was there last summer it was HOT. I was going through two outfits a day.

OP - you didn't say when you will be in Greece - when I was there last summer it was HOT. I was going through two outfits a day.

Good point, I don't reuse bottoms too much at WDW when it's hot for that same reason. Will be in June. We have several days we will be on sailboats & in the water, so just swim suits and cover ups needed until we are back on shore at the hotel though.

Doing normal things, 3 times, but not necessarily in a row. I wear different clothes at home than when I am going out to do things.

I will wear things until they are actually dirty meaning I dumped something on them or they start to have an odor. In the winter that could mean multiple weeks in the same jeans. I wear jeans every day, I have 2 pair so they do get switched out that way but really, it could be 2 weeks before I wash them. Socks/underwear are different, of course.

I adore the washer and dryer in the DVC villa and usually do a load every day because I don't want to bring a bunch of dirty clothes home and it is Florida just before Labor Day. I wear things approximately 15 seconds before they develop an odor. So stuff gets washed after one washing and I go through about 2 outfits a day, not counting the bathing suit.

Jeans once a year, LOL. You all would probably wear a pair of jeans more hours in one day than I do in 365 days.

Shorts I have 3 pair. One kept clean as in I don't wear them to work. The other two, I will eventually have to clean out equipment so they will get filthy then. So I wear them twice or 3 times before switching to the other pair.

I do laundry once a week, everything, one and done on the loads needed.

"Wearing it out for the evening" just reminded me of the bad old days; when nothing that had been worn to go out socially could be worn a second time without washing, because it always reeked of cigarette smoke or worse. I am *so* glad that most venues are non-smoking now.

My answer is that I might get a second day out of a pair of jeans, but that's it. Anything worn directly next to the skin gets dead skin cells sloughed off on it during wearing, and that can lead to the growth of fungus if you don't clean it.

I don't take jeans with me on a trip where I know I'll be hand-washing clothing; if I need something for cold weather outdoors I go for lightweight technical pants worn with an extra-lightweight base layer instead. (Warmer, lighter and less bulky to pack, too.)

Doing normal things, 3 times, but not necessarily in a row. I wear different clothes at home than when I am going out to do things.
Exactly me. I have going out clothes and clothes for home. So I wear them a couple times before I feel the need too wash them, as long as i haven't been sweating in them or have gotten a stain, etc. Of course, my undergarments are only worn once.

Usually a week, but I only wear them when I'm outside, which consists mostly of grocery shopping or Doctors appointments. I get home and immediately change into some exercise shorts for hanging around the house. So if I go out it is usually for just an hour or two at a time. If wear them for any longer than that I will change them more often.

Last edited:
I usually wear jeans or slacks two or three times between washings. However, like @ronandannette , I almost never wear the same pants two days in a row.

With slacks I’ll hang up them back up in the “used” section of my closet so I’ll know they’ve already been worn. Jeans get tossed over the chair or the cedar chest.

I'd guess my average is 5 wears, the others in my household probably do more like 3x. Shirts I'll wear 2-3x unless they get sweaty or spilled on. I consider this part of our reduce/reuse/recycle efforts; better for the environment, better for our clothes, and better for our sanity in not having to launder mountains of clothing every week.

ETA: shirts are only reworn around the house, if I happen to not go out in public the next day. Which happens frequently - I'm a homebody and work from home a lot. ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter