How do you guys pay for tips when on the dining plan?

DharmaLou

Once a Princess, Always a Princess
I don't like to carry much cash - what is the easiest way to leave tips?

You can use a gift card. A debit card or a prepaid cahs card.

You can also charge the tip back to the room.

We use our Magic Band to charge to the room and then pay it off with a discounted gift card.

Credit card...always. I get rewards on my credit cards, especially in the dining sector. So, always a nice perk.

We are always notate cash on the tip line on the receipt and leave cash

We have always left cash when on DDP. What are the logistics of charging gratuity only to a credit card? Do you need to verbally tell the CM the tip you are leaving so that he or she can run the card for that amount?

We have always left cash when on DDP. What are the logistics of charging gratuity only to a credit card? Do you need to verbally tell the CM the tip you are leaving so that he or she can run the card for that amount?

You get a receipt with a tip line.

You get a receipt with a tip line.
What's the receipt for that you get? Or do they not have to run your card for a specific amount - they just run it, print the slip, and then go back and authorize it for what you write in?

I'm just thinking if you don't have any additional costs beyond the dining plan, they will scan your band for the dining credits. But if you aren't charging to your band and want to charge tip to a credit card.

In the past we used our Magic Bands to charge back to the room then I would pay the balance each night with a gift card I purchased at a discount from Sam's Club. However since they implemented the new credit card hold policy we decided to just charge it to a card at the restaurant now.

The time we had the DDP we used cash or credit card for tips and extras. We had the regular plan before adult beverages were included so we had to pay for those & any appetizers .

What's the receipt for that you get? Or do they not have to run your card for a specific amount - they just run it, print the slip, and then go back and authorize it for what you write in?

I'm just thinking if you don't have any additional costs beyond the dining plan, they will scan your band for the dining credits. But if you aren't charging to your band and want to charge tip to a credit card.

Even if you use the dining plan and dont buy anything extra you get a regular receipt like you would at any restaurant, just it shows the meal already paid for via dining plan instead of a balance due, but it still has a tip line you fill out. You can either give them a card to use with your receipt or they will just charge it to your magic band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter