How do I link to another families acct?

jliucci

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

My family of 4 will be back at Disney in April, however my sister and her family will be joining us this trip. I have never vacationed in Disney with another family before, can someone explain how I would link her acct to mine so I can make Lighting Lane & Virtual Queue selections for all of us?

Are there any downfalls in doing this? I would assume if we wanted to go our separate ways for a day this shouldn't be an issue, and I can just select my family members when making lighting lanes?

Any tips or suggestions are appreciated :) Thanks

Can do through the MDE app, easiest is to scan linking code, but you can search by name and age as well.

In mde go to my profile, then friends and family list. Select add guest and you'll get the different options. The scan the link code gives details on how to find that.

Even if you are not with them to physically scan it on their phone, just have them take a screenshot of it and send to your SO or kid and then just scan it from the picture.

No downfalls really, like you note you can just not select them for ILL/G+ when booking those.

Make sure your family members have their own MDE. Then you can go into your MDE, Profile, Friends&Family, and walk through a couple steps to get them linked to your accounts F&F. Easiest is probably to do it when you're together in the same room before the trip. Do you not have your family members with their own accounts and linked to you? It would be the same approach.

Oh there's a manual option on the linking code now apparently, just have them tell you the code if you cant be with them to scan it.

Make sure your family members have their own MDE. Then you can go into your MDE, Profile, Friends&Family, and walk through a couple steps to get them linked to your accounts F&F. Easiest is probably to do it when you're together in the same room before the trip. Do you not have your family members with their own accounts and linked to you? It would be the same approach.
No - my kids are small (3 & 7) they do not have their own accts, so they show as "plans managed by me". I dont think my husband has his own either.

The kids should definitely be managed through your account. My wife and I split from one account to our own accounts several years back because of some oddities we were seeing with tickets. But you can definitely link a family member's MDE to yours. Now if they have multiple members under the same account, I'm not 100% certain how that works, but I expect you can see them, as well after you're linked. And once you're linked, you can purchase Genie+ or ILL for all or some, you can book LL for all or some, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter