How did you meet your Significant Other?

good story Mike. I met my wife at a club where she was dancing.

Kris do you want me to smack him at the Labor Day GG? I will have a golf cart so maybe a fly by when he's alone. If I spelled your name wrong it's because you don't have it in siggy lol.

Kris do you want me to smack him at the Labor Day GG? I will have a golf cart so maybe a fly by when he's alone. If I spelled your name wrong it's because you don't have it in siggy lol.

Sure...but anyone that has ever met me knows it couldn't be true!! Although I was ALOT thinner when I met him....:confused3

Pete's a lucky man to have a great wife and mutha lmao. I just had to throw that in.

OK, this may come as a shock and I've been holding off posting this but there is a Miss Stacktester now. I met her shortly before we left for the 4th GG. I've actually done some environmental work for her family for about 10 years now and we've talked on the phone but had never met. I ran into her at their office one day and then unfortunately at her brothers viewing. He died of Pancreatic Cancer about 4 weeks after diagnosis. He was a great person and is missed by many might I add. He was only 48.

Anyway, we've been seeing each other for about a month or so now. We both have daughters who ride horses, 4 wheelers and enjoy camping. Not to mention we have a lot of same interests. She's planning on coming to the LDGG. I'm not sure how Gatordad will accept her. She's from the country lol and when describing something that had exploded the other night she said it "blowed up". I have ragged her ever since. I'm working on the word blown before I get her there. If she knew I told you all this I will be single again lol. Anyway, her name is Donna and she's really nice. She's looking forward to meeting the regulars later this month.

Pete's a lucky man to have a great wife and mutha lmao. I just had to throw that in.

OK, this may come as a shock and I've been holding off posting this but there is a Miss Stacktester now. I met her shortly before we left for the 4th GG. I've actually done some environmental work for her family for about 10 years now and we've talked on the phone but had never met. I ran into her at their office one day and then unfortunately at her brothers viewing. He died of Pancreatic Cancer about 4 weeks after diagnosis. He was a great person and is missed by many might I add. He was only 48.

Anyway, we've been seeing each other for about a month or so now. We both have daughters who ride horses, 4 wheelers and enjoy camping. Not to mention we have a lot of same interests. She's planning on coming to the LDGG. I'm not sure how Gatordad will accept her. She's from the country lol and when describing something that had exploded the other night she said it "blowed up". I have ragged her ever since. I'm working on the word blown before I get her there. If she knew I told you all this I will be single again lol. Anyway, her name is Donna and she's really nice. She's looking forward to meeting the regulars later this month.

Whats wrong with being from the country :confused3. Congrats man hope it works out for you:thumbsup2

Am I the only one still single here now? :confused3

Great posts.

I was going with a girl who lived on the same street as my wife. This girl wanted me to meet the neighborhood flirt. At the time DW was 15. After that meeting we became fast friends, I would drop off my girlfriend and go down to DW's house and sit on the porch and talk a couple hours each night. I broke up with that girl friend a short time later and dated a couple other girls, I never considered dating DW because we were "just friends". On Labor Day weekend three of us, me, DW and a buddy, went to the fireworks. We were lying on a hill dodging the falling fireworks ashes when for some reason even unknown to me to this day, I leaned over and kissed her. Two years later and just 12 days after she turned 18, we got married. Yesterday, the 4th, was our 35th Anniversary.

Good story Brad. So was the ex girlfriend mad? Congrats on the 35 years too. She must be one heck of a woman lol to put up with you for that long. :lmao:

Nothing wrong with the country Michael. I was raised on a small farm and we say many words such as ain't, ya'll and other words not published in the dictionary.

Aww, Donnie and Donna....how cute! I wish I could be there LD to meet her! My in laws say things like "blowed up", too. And "did he ate yet?" and "he don't want to."

I'm really happy for you!

Happy Anniversary Brad!

Congrats Donnie, you deserve a good girl.

Great posts.

I was going with a girl who lived on the same street as my wife. This girl wanted me to meet the neighborhood flirt. At the time DW was 15. After that meeting we became fast friends, I would drop off my girlfriend and go down to DW's house and sit on the porch and talk a couple hours each night. I broke up with that girl friend a short time later and dated a couple other girls, I never considered dating DW because we were "just friends". On Labor Day weekend three of us, me, DW and a buddy, went to the fireworks. We were lying on a hill dodging the falling fireworks ashes when for some reason even unknown to me to this day, I leaned over and kissed her. Two years later and just 12 days after she turned 18, we got married. Yesterday, the 4th, was our 35th Anniversary.

:goodvibes This was an great story..thanks for sharing! Congrats on your 35th!!

OK, this may come as a shock and I've been holding off posting this but there is a Miss Stacktester now.

Go Donnie, go Donnie! hehe

Seriously, congrats! Like Amanda said, you're deserving of a good woman...and she sounds like a keeper! :thumbsup2

I'll try not to mess it all up.

We hung out in the same group of people. He had a girlfriend with whom I wasn't friends with but I never cared for her or HIM! In fact I couldn't stand him. Eventually that group of friends kinda split due to some people moving and such.

2 years later.....One night after a long night out I stopped at a gas station and he was there. I remember the girl I was with was like "hey theres Darrell". I dunked down in my seat and said "maybe he won't remember me" Boy did he ever. He hopped in the car and after that everywhere I was there he was. My 'friend" gave him my number and email. He called me and emailed me...not obsessivly but enough! Finally I gave in and called him back. We had a really great conversation and well the rest is history. He became my best friend and still is to this day.

I guess there is a fine line between love and hate after all.

I remember you mentioning her. Congrats man! Remember, I lived 9 years in Ala-freakin-bama. Nothing really surprises me any more. I look forward to meeting her.

We hung out in the same group of people. He had a girlfriend with whom I wasn't friends with but I never cared for her or HIM! In fact I couldn't stand him. Eventually that group of friends kinda split due to some people moving and such.

2 years later.....One night after a long night out I stopped at a gas station and he was there. I remember the girl I was with was like "hey theres Darrell". I dunked down in my seat and said "maybe he won't remember me" Boy did he ever. He hopped in the car and after that everywhere I was there he was. My 'friend" gave him my number and email. He called me and emailed me...not obsessivly but enough! Finally I gave in and called him back. We had a really great conversation and well the rest is history. He became my best friend and still is to this day.

I guess there is a fine line between love and hate after all.

damn you are a youngin..... we didn't have no fancy innernet when my wife and I met. Heck, you were livin large if you had a dual floppy machine with a 20 meg hard drive.

Donnie, if she can put up with you and your antics, ain't nuttin gatordad will do to mess up love. I will have to tell ms lazy days you are off the market.

Good story Brad. So was the ex girlfriend mad? Congrats on the 35 years too. She must be one heck of a woman lol to put up with you for that long. :lmao:
Not to freak anyone out but the girlfriend that introduced us tried to kill herself after I broke up with her. She was in a mental institution for two months. I just drive people nuts. :confused3 And yes, DW is special to put up with me. :thumbsup2

Not to freak anyone out but the girlfriend that introduced us tried to kill herself after I broke up with her. She was in a mental institution for two months. I just drive people nuts. :confused3 And yes, DW is special to put up with me. :thumbsup2

I wonder if she knew you'd have that cool lime green cart one day and it drove her over the edge? Just kidding. That's sad she felt she needed someone that badly and was so insecure. She probably didn't have a good home life or something. Hopefully she got better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter