How can I find out what resorts are available directly from DVC?

mauionabreakaway

Earning My Ears
It seems like there's more than just the obvious up front ones advertised, is that true? How do I find out? I don't think we'd buy direct, but we definitely wouldn't buy it at Riviera, Aulani, CFW or VDH right now. Is it possible to buy direct at other resorts? Is that listed somewhere?

You can buy nearly anything, although without incentives, the pricing on direct is really high for sold out resorts. They do run occasional specials on "sold out" resorts as well.

The only ones not currently available are Poly (as they prep to put Island Tower on sale, expected shortly) and Grand Floridian/Grand Californian can be difficult to obtain. They sometimes offer waitlists or more often than not will say they are simply not available. Current pricing is available here:

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-menu/financial/pricing-a-promotions

This is a tough one. I had a guide tell me only the active ones are available and she was adamant about it. So honestly googling DVC blogs and asking were is the best way to find out.

It seems like there's more than just the obvious up front ones advertised, is that true? How do I find out? I don't think we'd buy direct, but we definitely wouldn't buy it at Riviera, Aulani, CFW or VDH right now. Is it possible to buy direct at other resorts? Is that listed somewhere?
Just asked this question a week ago. Right now, there are waiting lists for some of the ones not listed as there is nothing currently for sale. OKW is available or was a week ago.

Just assume every one of them is for sale direct, despite what your guide pushes you to do. I can't stand this. So many people have bought Rivera and before it Copper Creek, when they should have purchased SSR or something else.

If you are not booking at the 11 month window, don't purchase a premium resort.

If you ask for a "sold out" property. Your guide will likely say something like "Well, I can put you on a wait list."

Guess what? Most of the time, the wait list comes back within a few days. Mine came back in less than a half day. There are some properties that have less points in certain use years, which may make the wait longer.

But the only hard or impossible to get resort is VGC. Everything else is available.

They won't, but if they get snippy just say "Well, it's available on the resale market."

Just assume every one of them is for sale direct, despite what your guide pushes you to do. I can't stand this. So many people have bought Rivera and before it Copper Creek, when they should have purchased SSR or something else.

If you are not booking at the 11 month window, don't purchase a premium resort.

If you ask for a "sold out" property. Your guide will likely say something like "Well, I can put you on a wait list."

Guess what? Most of the time, the wait list comes back within a few days. Mine came back in less than a half day. There are some properties that have less points in certain use years, which may make the wait longer.

But the only hard or impossible to get resort is VGC. Everything else is available.

They won't, but if they get snippy just say "Well, it's available on the resale market."
It's annoying but with some of these guides you definitely need to play a little bit of hardball to get what you actually want sometimes.

This is a tough one. I had a guide tell me only the active ones are available and she was adamant about it. So honestly googling DVC blogs and asking were is the best way to find out.
This is so frustrating to hear. So many guides seem less ethical than others.

You aren't beholden to any specific guide, so I also wouldn't hesitate to switch if one isn't providing the service we all deserve when making this expensive of a purchase.

This is so frustrating to hear. So many guides seem less ethical than others.

You aren't beholden to any specific guide, so I also wouldn't hesitate to switch if one isn't providing the service we all deserve when making this expensive of a purchase.
If I decide to entertain Poly I for sure plan on switching. She still doesn’t know I chose VGC resale over VDH direct because she didn’t follow up on the day she said she would.

If I decide to entertain Poly I for sure plan on switching. She still doesn’t know I chose VGC resale over VDH direct because she didn’t follow up on the day she said she would.
Yes, I'd be switching guides at a minimum. Honestly, follow up is big in my book, whether or not they end up getting the sale. Here's a link to a recent thread with recommended guides from fellow Disboarders.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/please-recommend-your-dvc-guide.3948135/

facebook twitter