How bad is your planning obsession?

I plan obsessively, but to me that's part of the fun. My entire family thinks I am nuts, but again, it's part of the experience for me. I already know where we'll be eating when we go. Of course, I can't make our dining reservations for 3 more months.

Well, DH laughed uproariously every time he saw me on the Dis boards. "There she goes! Anna Retentive. Hahahaha" Hmmph!

Halfway thru our June trip, he sheepishly told me that he couldn't have imagined a more perfect, magical 1st Disney vacation for our family. Now when he sees me on the boards, he just pats me on the back and smiles.

Never question a Dis mom!!!!!

I've got the planning bug bad. I'm absolutely obsessed about my May trip. I think my husband and friends are sick of hearing me talk about what we are going to do when we get there :) Oh well, they can just keep hearing about it as I don't see my obsession ending anytime soon!

I am totally obsessed with planning my trip. I have been for almost a year now. When I start a sentence with "When we are in Disney" , people start rolling their eyes
Now that I have found these boards I have no idea how I am going to get my work and homework done. :rotfl: :rotfl:

We leave in 16 days and I have already started thinking about resorts for the next. DH is not a Disney but says he might come for December 2008 trip. I started checking out the FW cabins. He is such a Fred that I thought we could stay there for his comfort. If he doesn't come, then I want OKW, so pretty!

Brise Nannie said:
I'm very obsessed but I try to think of it as more of a passion. :lovestruc Planning a Disney trip keeps me sane and is like a "Calgon take me away" moment where I can forget the craziness around here. Then I come back to earth when I start thinking about how I'm going to fund the trip. :rotfl:

TOO FUNNY!!! I CAN PERSONALLY RELATE TO YOU!!!

_chill_ said:
My obsession? (see image below. This is just a few pages of last year's version)... I create a complete trip book with every conceivable piece of information I can think of. I usually wait until a week or so before the actual trip, as things can change up to that point. The trip itself though, I usually begin to lay the ground work six months or so before.

Booklet.jpg
[/IMG]

GREAT IDEA

dana1003 said:
im not allowed to talk about it anymore in my house. dh says he'll throw me off the balcony if i say disney one more time.

WOW, THAT IS MY HUSBAND TOO!!! I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD. I AM HERE BY MYSELF AND HAVING THE BEST TIME READING AND LAUGHING. THIS IS CRACKING ME UP AND THE BAD PART IS, IT IS ME EXACTLY. I CAN NOT DENY ANYTHING MENTIONED :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao:

OK, my personal confession, and my son and husband will die when they find out, but this past July, I told my son's head football coach, that he could not schedule anything important during the July 13-22, 2007. I explained that we go every other year and it would be a very dark day if anything should happen and mess up my trip!!! (I think he is scared of me!!!)

Oh yes, I'm hooked too. The constant checking, cheaper air? cheaper car? YES SCORE! Up 180 plus days out at 5AM, calling for CRT, when the next day we flew out to Vegas at 5AM. Asking of dh prior, which hotel, which SUV, can we get by with a midsize? This time asking-- DDP or not? I don't tell him when I change things, I just let him know how much I saved. I talked him into 10 hopper passes so we would have tickets for the next trip, Heh heh money saved :teeth: . We bought Disney luggage on sale, (money saved) see my theme? for our next trip. We also got a DVD player for plane trips for the kids, we only fly them to DISNEY :rotfl2: . This time he wants to buy a lighter dvd mini recorder for him to use, ha, he said we aren't going next year. Then wait for the newer technical stuff. Please, he knows we are going next year. We have a SW credit, use it or loss it. During planting and harvest season , I can only ask ONE disney question a day. Our computer died :badpc: , he was harassing me, awwww No disney for you. Ha the computer is fixed, so I can get my fix. We leave in 18 days. And I'm planning for the next trip in 12 months, I told him yesterday we are going to check out Old Key West and Animal Kingdom Lodge and he asked me, I thought we going to look at The Wilderness Lodge, oh yeah your right. He does listen to my ramblings :love: .

I am BAD about it too. My family thinks I am nutty. I have been planning our family's "Celebrate Life" :sunny: trip in 2008 for a while now. I know we have a reason and more motivation for planning it (my daughter will be 5 years off chemo for leukemia)-but we also don't want to count chickens b/f they hatch-which is why we call it the Celebrate Life trip and not the original Ashton's 5 years off chemo Trip. I believe :tink: in my heart the planning will not be in vane :lovestruc ! I plan for my immediate family to have matching t-shirts for each day and so far I have 3 sets-i gave 1 set last Christmas and I have done the Dollar tree thing and since we use those Disney notepads(the bigger ones) for autograph books, i bought 1 for every kid in our family going. Plus I saved some things that I bought from our last trip(2005) at that little cheapie place at downtown Disney-a booklet that is a scavenger hunt at the MK, and some Disney conversation cards for the way there or before. We will have a party at our home the weekend before leaving and since we are going at Mardi gras, we will invite everyone we know that is going-with us or not. My friend did this for our last trip and it was fun planning to meet up or have dinner or just to caravan on the way there-we live about 10 hours away and so driving is an option to some-we did the last 2 times.
This is making me more excited-having others who are fools like me party: , planning and having fun all year 'round with it!
see ya Mardi Gras 2008 :joker: (Feb 5 is Mardi gras that year)!!

I do something of this sort every trip too. I keep track of everything and ANY info i get that i want to explore while there is printed up and put in a small binder. I put extra sleeves in it for our tickets and things like the bags form the NSSHP, stirrers from the polynesian, and brochures, etc.

:rotfl2: These boards are like drugs.....addicting. i can't stop reading and surfing and posting and hoping etc. etc. etc. we are going sept 2007 and i am online most of the day working on it. :cool1:

kristenrice said:
My DH just rolls his eyes whenever I start a sentence with "I'm so excited..." or "Guess what I learned today?" He just knows it is something Disney and he thinks I have "an unhealthy obsession bordering on addiction". :rolleyes: :smokin:

Hmph. My DH is the same way! But he didn't seem to mind my obsession when we walked by Soarin' on our last trip and the line was 220 minutes long but we didn't have to worry about it because it was THE FIRST THING WE RAN TO AND GOT FASTPASSES FOR when we got to Epcot. And even HE goes on and on and on about Boma and how great it was and how I did such a 'great job' picking out places to eat. Oh yes, and then there was the night we were to eat at Chef Mickey's and they were turning away people who did not have ADRs. (I know I don't even have to tell you guys that we DID in fact have ADRs. :teeth: ) Oh, and he brags all the time about all the special treatment we got from wearing our Bride and Groom ears on our Disneymoon - he didn't even know about those ears until he met me! And he sure looked thrilled when our TA gave us a new total for our next trip after I gave her a code I found on MouseSavers that saved us $300 on our trip.

Some one please stop me. I could go on and on... :teeth:

DisneyDork712 said:
Hmph. My DH is the same way! But he didn't seem to mind my obsession when we walked by Soarin' on our last trip and the line was 220 minutes long but we didn't have to worry about it because it was THE FIRST THING WE RAN TO AND GOT FASTPASSES FOR when we got to Epcot. And even HE goes on and on and on about Boma and how great it was and how I did such a 'great job' picking out places to eat. Oh yes, and then there was the night we were to eat at Chef Mickey's and they were turning away people who did not have ADRs. (I know I don't even have to tell you guys that we DID in fact have ADRs. :teeth: ) Oh, and he brags all the time about all the special treatment we got from wearing our Bride and Groom ears on our Disneymoon - he didn't even know about those ears until he met me! And he sure looked thrilled when our TA gave us a new total for our next trip after I gave her a code I found on MouseSavers that saved us $300 on our trip.

Some one please stop me. I could go on and on... :teeth:

You go girl!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Let's put it this way. I planned a whole trip in Sept. Didn't go. Getting ready to plan a trip for spring break in March, probably will not be able to go on this trip either. So essentially I just plan trips (down to the last detail) but never get to go on them. :sad2:

alabamagirl said:
Let's put it this way. I planned a whole trip in Sept. Didn't go. Getting ready to plan a trip for spring break in March, probably will not be able to go on this trip either. So essentially I just plan trips (down to the last detail) but never get to go on them. :sad2:

OMG, I used to do that in middle and high school!! I loved planning Disney trips, even if I didn't go on them! I didn't know what to think when I was planning my senior trip to WDW... I had never planned my own actual Disney trip that I was actually planning on going on. My parents always planned our trips before then.

Thank you for making me feel somewhat normal!! :thumbsup2
Like so many of you, this has become an obsession. I enjoy the planning as much as the trip. It really is a get away for everyday life. I call it (the Dis) my special place. :p

My sister made the mistake of calling and asking for some advice on her upcoming trip. She said, "just jot a few things down for me." That was the wrong thing to say. Four pages later the e-mail went out. My BIL couldn't believe that I had written it. He thought I cut and pasted from a guide book.

I'm now planning a surprise trip in Nov 07. You think it's hard convincing your spouse you're not nuts when you're planning a trip. Try convincing them you're not nuts when you're always on the Dis and she doesn't know about the trip!!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter