How bad is your planning obsession?

PrincessJasmine1972 said:
I plan to go next September(1st trip EVER) and havent booked yet(waiting to see if Free Dining will be offered)but I am already planning..jotting down ideas, browsing the resorts,etc
Us too. But not our first trip we just got back less than two weeks ago actually. :rolleyes: And I spend most of my time thinking about how to work it out to have two weeks next year. My poor Dh has mini heart attacks everytime I mention two weeks at Disney :rolleyes: I went and bought the 2007 Unofficial guide this last weekend and am planning away.

_chill_ said:
My obsession? (see image below. This is just a few pages of last year's version)... I create a complete trip book with every conceivable piece of information I can think of. I usually wait until a week or so before the actual trip, as things can change up to that point. The trip itself though, I usually begin to lay the ground work six months or so before.

Booklet.jpg
[/IMG]
That's awesome. I did a binder on this last trip. I put so much time into it. I also made up pages with different questions to fill out at the end of each day so I wouldn't forget all the things we did.

I'm joining in on this convoy! I believe all of us Disers are planners! We are all very smart for planning ahead. My walk-in closet has disney bags and boxes everywhere. When I get back from WDW, I'm packing things for the next trip. We save $ that way. I love planning and packing for Disney! I pick up a tip every day I read the Dis!

im not allowed to talk about it anymore in my house. dh says he'll throw me off the balcony if i say disney one more time.

OK, I really need help. We just returned last weekend from a trip I had been planning since 2002. I had all our reservations made last June 2005.

We have already decided we are going back but will not be going until Sept. 2011 and I have already started saving money this week for it. I have ideas in my head everyday. I can't stay off these darn boards.

I NEED HELP!! How am I ever going to get through the next 5 years (1,807 days to be exact) :confused:

dana1003 said:
im not allowed to talk about it anymore in my house. dh says he'll throw me off the balcony if i say disney one more time.

The same sentiment is in my house! My DH just rolls his eyes whenever I start a sentence with "I'm so excited..." or "Guess what I learned today?" He just knows it is something Disney and he thinks I have "an unhealthy obsession bordering on addiction". :rolleyes: :smokin:

So, is there a support group for spouses of DisAddicts? :grouphug:

- Where did you find Disney Halloween Decorations?

- I have the restaurants we'll be eating at written down, and hanging on the fridge. Our next trip is not until December 2007. :lmao:

ALittleDisneyFan said:
- Where did you find Disney Halloween Decorations?

- I have the restaurants we'll be eating at written down, and hanging on the fridge. Our next trip is not until December 2007. :lmao:

For some of my Halloween decorations, I ordered the Mickey halloween candy bowl off disneyshopping.com (this weekend 1/2 off at 19.99!!!). And at Disney I bought a Mickey Pumpkin candle holder and I have an old ceramic pooh pumpkin with a light in it. Adding those little Disney touches really makes a difference with me.

I posted earlier on this but it is kind of funny now but my DH was the same way before we went (it was he first trip). He was tired of hearing about Disney all the time and now last night that is all he talked about. We already have rough plans made out for our next trip (long wait.....September 2011). Now that he has gone and seen how great it is I think he understands why I couldn't stop talking about it prior to our trip two weeks ago.

dana1003 said:

:love:

Dboyfriend is the same way...he won't let me plan another disney trip until our honeymoon :crazy:

so in the meantime i will live vicariously through you all on here and badger him with trivia until he lets us go again :teeth:

Chill:
How did you do that incredible book? and find that clip art. You are all far better planners. I am a disney planning slacker and I need help!!!!

Chill,I would like to know how you did that book too.Its awesome.I would love to do something like that but I wouldnt know where to start.

How bad is my obsession?

Look at my ticker. I have over a YEAR to go.

But that doesn't stop me from making out a list of things I want to pack. :blush:

_chill_ said:
My obsession? (see image below. This is just a few pages of last year's version)... I create a complete trip book with every conceivable piece of information I can think of. I usually wait until a week or so before the actual trip, as things can change up to that point. The trip itself though, I usually begin to lay the ground work six months or so before.

Booklet.jpg
[/IMG]
will you marry me? :lovestruc

How bad is my obsession? The DISboards are my home page...it is the first thing I look at when I log on. As soon as I think I may want to take another trip, I get out a brand new 3" binder and start collecting info on the resort I want to stay at, the time of the year, tickets, special events, etc.

When I decided I wanted to go for Thanksgiving this year, I made ressies in March, ADRs in May and waited until JUNE to tell DH I wanted to go. Everything was planned before he even knew what hit him!

We are under 6 weeks to go. DH doesn't want to hear the word Disney again until we are ready to leave. I must have reveiwed oiur itinerary & ARDs with him so many time even HE can quote it without looking at "the book."

Now when friends and co-workers happen to mention to DH that they are going to WDW for vacation...he gives them my cell phone number to call me to make sure they are "doing it right!"

My husband thinks my planning is obsessive! I start a journal where I write when we started planning our trip, how much were the quotes we got, which one we decided on. I already have all the places we would like to dine at decided. I also bought swimsuits, and matching tshirts and little gifts for the kids to give them on the trip from Disney Store and the Disneyoutlet.com. And the little ticker drives him nuts! LOL

Kaelarad & Carrie s Here's a quick explanation of how the booklet is put together.
dana1003... I don't think your DH or my GF would approve :teeth: Of course you may have a shot... Did you notice I didn't call her my DGF (haven't been able to assimilate her yet :rotfl: )

Anyway back to the 'book'... It's done in Microsloth Publisher. You print it out as a 'side folded card'. It helps to have a color printer that duplexes (prints on both sides of the paper), and pickup some double-sided, glossy, photo paper for the best quality. The hard part comes from determining which pages face each other, especially when the full 8.5 x 11 pages are cut in half and saddle stapled together. The easiest way is to put numbers on each page, print them out, assemble the 'blank' book, then go back to the file and rearrange the page numbers to reflect their 'actual' location vs. their 'on screen' location. Different trip lengths will require different page configurations. Through the years I've amassed almost 9,000 pieces of Disney clipart, through scanning, cutting items out of larger graphics, and clipart sites. Probably the best single Disney clipart site is at disneyclips.com. The rest of the information comes from Disney Due Diligence and planning in determining ADRs, park hours, weather report, special events, entertainment schedules, tips, locations for character signatures, confirmation/reservation numbers, etc.

Well, hopefully I explained it well enough for you to create your own. Only 6 more days and my book for this trip is ready-to-go. :cool1:

PrincessJasmine1972 said:
I plan to go next September(1st trip EVER) and havent booked yet(waiting to see if Free Dining will be offered)but I am already planning..jotting down ideas, browsing the resorts,etc

I don't have time to read the whole thread, maybe someone told you this already, but wanted to say book room only now anyway. You can change to add dining later, but reserve your room!

DISboards have fueled my obsession. I booked in Feb 06 for my July 06 trip. All I have thought about since we got back is when we will be able to go again. Just yesterday, I booked for May 2008 at WL. My dh thinks I am crazy, but it gives me something to look forward to in our sometimes crazy lives. It also helps curb my spending on items we don't really need because I have to tell myself the money could help pay for our disney trip. I have my "vacation totes" packed with stuff left over from our last trip. Planning is half the fun and I can't wait! :Pinkbounc

:wave: ds 7
:wave: ds 3
princess: me
pirate: dh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter