HIFS--Which bldg/floor/room to request?

mdmomof3

Earning My Ears
We have ressies at HIFS beginning Apr. 15, and would like to try to request a certain bldg, room & floor. I know that there have been posts on this subject before, but I can't remember the details! I know that I want a room that faces the children's pool, not too high up, as centrally located as possible. What would that be? And as for themes, my kids are boys, ages 12 & 10, and a girl, 6. What would you suggest that they would enjoy? I know that these requests can't be guaranteed, but it doesn't hurt to try! Thanks!

When I made our ressies for a kids suite I just asked the girl what would be the best room for us. She put in the computer: "2nd floor pool view near lobby" She said we'd have a nice view, and being close to the lobby would be convenient to the buffet, and other stuff. now whether or not we will get that particular room? I don't know. but like you said it cant hurt to ask.
{BTY, The girls name is Jackie that I spoke with.)
RAtimon.gif
<font Color =FF0000>HIFS 10/01
<marquee direction ="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">can't wait, can't wait, CAN'T WAIT!!</marquee>

I came across some of my notes and said that someone had suggested Building 8 as being close to the kid's pool and the lobby. Does that sound right? Any others I should consider??

We were in building #8 (at the foot of the pool), 3rd floor and it was a great location. I don't think they actually 'assign' you your room until you are physically there (at least they didn't for us). I even called when we were an hour away and they said they weren't going to assign our room until we got there. They showed us a map of the grounds and which rooms were available in which buildings. #8 was closest to the pool entrance, and very close to the lobby, also. We also had a wonderful view of the pool and surrounding buildings, also. Some people have said that they stayed facing the parking lot because of the noise from the pool, but I can tell you that even as low as the 3rd floor, the only time we hear the pool was when we opened the door. I would MUCH rather look out at the pool than at the parking lot!
I posted (many!) links to my pictures from HIFS...a few of them show the view from Building #8, as well as the rooms themselves, plus the lobby

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter