*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

We are planning a small wedding in Hilton Head in October 2025. We are DVC, we don't own at HH, but are considering picking up a resale contract for the 11 month booking. In addition to using our DVC points for rooms, we are going to need some cash rooms for other guests which is concerning me. How far out does booking open for cash stays booked directly through the resort? I'm hoping to book a 3 bedroom and 2 bedroom with our points, and I think we will need a 2 bedroom and 4 studios with cash. With the limited availability, should I realistically start looking at other places for the cash rooms?
I think you can get the grand villa and 2 bedroom on points.
I think you can get the 2 bedroom on cash.
Getting more than one studio on cash is tough since there are only 21 of them. Over 70 2 bedrooms.

The last week of December opened around May 15th (about 7 months early). I was expecting early January 2025 dates to have opened by now, so unfortunately, I'm not sure when they will open.

However, I just looked back through previous reservations and it looks like I booked cash about 11 months out in 2022. So, the situation may have changed since then. Wonder what they will do for 2025.

(Also, if anyone just needs to see what 2025 prices will be, you can click on any available date (i.e., December 30th), go to Rate Details, and View Rate Calendar.)
Thanks for the info about the calendar. I think I knew that but had forgotten how to see it. Sad to see the spring dates are much more than the fall dates. Wish they were the same like they are with the point chart. This kind of puts a kink in my plans to add on to our June UY points to use points in the fall and then pay cash for our spring trips.

One week until checkin at HHI for a week in a grand villa with all the family, then will drive to Disney for 5 days in AKV savannah 1BR with 2 grandsons and then fly them back to Idaho. Hoping to get them hooked on Disney so can enjoy with them as they grow up although father not a Disney fan.

Generally, cash bookings open about 7 months out. However, they have not yet opened up 2025 cash reservations. Once they start releasing January, you can periodically check the website to get an idea of how often new dates pop up. As it gets closer to releasing October, you should be on the website every day for your best chance.
That’s very useful information - as someone also looking to make a non-member cash booking for HHI in early 2025, I did wonder why I wasn’t seeing ANY availability no matter what dates and what room types I put in. Guess I’ll be stalking the website daily for the foreseeable!

Hello! Can anyone tell me about the location of the 1-bedrooms? It appears there may be only 1 in each building? And I know a few are under the grand villas. I'm trying to figure out what building I'd like (knowing it's only a desire :) so are there any favorites I should consider?

Thanks so much!

Hello! Can anyone tell me about the location of the 1-bedrooms? It appears there may be only 1 in each building? And I know a few are under the grand villas. I'm trying to figure out what building I'd like (knowing it's only a desire :) so are there any favorites I should consider?

Thanks so much!
Building 11 and 12 have 15 of the 21 1 bedrooms.

(Below each grand villa is a studio/1 bedroom lockoff in buildings 16, 18, 19, 28, and 30.)

As hhisc16 mentions, there are 5 1BRs (and 5 studios) in each of the GV buildings. 16, 18, and 19 are closer to the front of the resort while 28 and 30 are near the back. Farthest from the Big Dipper pool probably is 16; closest is 28 by a hair. That said, the resort is small so nothing is truly a long walk.

The rest of the 1BRs (and studios) are all located in Bldgs 11 (main lodge) and 12 (attached and shares the elevator with 11), and there are 16 of each thus 21 total 1BRs and studios. One of the most frequent complaints of the 1BRs and studios in the GVs is that the bedrooms sit directly underneath said GVs which often have multiple families and lots of kids so are generally noisier. The 1BRs in 11 and 12 are usually quieter because those who need an elevator are frequent renters.

Have fun! pirate:

As hhisc16 mentions, there are 5 1BRs (and 5 studios) in each of the GV buildings. 16, 18, and 19 are closer to the front of the resort while 28 and 30 are near the back. Farthest from the Big Dipper pool probably is 16; closest is 28 by a hair. That said, the resort is small so nothing is truly a long walk.

The rest of the 1BRs (and studios) are all located in Bldgs 11 (main lodge) and 12 (attached and shares the elevator with 11), and there are 16 of each thus 21 total 1BRs and studios. One of the most frequent complaints of the 1BRs and studios in the GVs is that the bedrooms sit directly underneath said GVs which often have multiple families and lots of kids so are generally noisier. The 1BRs in 11 and 12 are usually quieter because those who need an elevator are frequent renters.

Have fun! pirate:
Wow, I had no idea, I am so glad I asked. Thanks so much!

Can anyone tell me about renting beach chairs? Curious about pricing and if we can reserve in advance? We are going in August and I assume it will be quite crowded! Thank you

Can anyone tell me about renting beach chairs? Curious about pricing and if we can reserve in advance? We are going in August and I assume it will be quite crowded! Thank you
There are a few companies that rent them, but In my opinion / experience, it is easier and cheaper to go to Kroger (a couple of blocks away) and buy a few chairs to have for the week if taking them there is the issue. Many others leave the chairs behind for a pass-it-on mentality.
If interested in renting still, there are a few vendors out there, not sure if we can leave note of them here or not. Same with bikes (although Disney rents bikes, just not chairs / umbrellas)

It will be crowded, so your two options are to buy inexpensive ones for the duration of your stay, or you can rent them. The Hilton Head Island Shore Beach Service is the place to rent them and have them set up for you on the beach each day. It's run by the same people who provide the lifeguards. In fact, the lifeguards are the ones who set up the chairs each morning before their shift begins. Here's the link: https://www.shorebeach.com/

You didn't ask about bikes, but they are the best way to get around the island as there are over 100 miles of bike trails in and around HHI. You can even easily bike to the Beach House from the main resort--it's roughly 1.5 miles and the trail goes underneath the Wm Hilton Pkwy that you drive in on to get to the resort, thus it's also safe. If you want to ensure that you have bikes, use an offsite agency. They are numerous and most (if not all) deliver to your room. Their rates are slightly higher than the resort's fees; however, during the busy season, the resort may run short of bikes and you can't reserve them ahead of time. Enjoy! You'll love it!

facebook twitter