*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Checked in last night, got the building I had hoped for. We are in building 24 right next to the pool, food, mercantile, and pier. Amazing location. Our rooms are fully refurbished and beautiful. Super excited when we opened the door. The Disney IP countryside/rural activities art work in the new rooms is awesome. Could have done with less white overall but I love the Disney touches more than the straight Rural/Countryside Eddie Bauer style. Current sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee and looking out over our Mariah View. First time here, haven’t even been here 24 hours and can’t wait to come back.image.jpg

Last edited:
Checked in last night, got the building I had hoped for. We are in building 24 right next to the pool, food, mercantile, and pier. Amazing location. Our rooms are fully refurbished and beautiful. Super excited when we opened the door. The Disney IP countryside/rural activities art work in the new rooms is awesome. Could have done with less white overall but I love the Disney touches more than the straight Rural/Countryside Eddie Bauer style. Current sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee and looking out over our Mariah View. First time here, haven’t even been here 24 hours and can’t wait to come back.View attachment 846540
Enjoy your stay!
We were on the playground next to your room at the time of your picture.
If you heard let it go, that was us haha

We checked in on Sunday afternoon and got a 1BR in bldg 19. I was worried about the reports of how noisy the rooms under the GV’s are, but so far, we have heard very minimal foot traffic from our upstairs neighbors.

We had a great time on our offshore fishing trip yesterday and took home a bucket full of sea bass and bluefish. I still cannot figure out the secret to avoiding seasickness (tried the $250 ReliefBand this year to no avail), but I still had a lot of fun.

We had dinner last night at the Carolina Crab Company. My DD18 picked it out and it was a hit with everyone, which is surprising since we are not big seafood eaters. DH ordered the short rib which was amazing! I had the shrimp basket which was basic, deep-fried shrimp and French fries. DD18 had the crab cakes dinner and she raved about them. She said the cheese grits on the side were the best part. DD20 is our “land-lubber” and she opted for a side of Mac and cheese and a side of mashed potatoes for her dinner. She has a very basic palate and also a fairly small appetite so she often makes a meal out of side dishes. We all saved room for dessert….key lime pie, chocolate lava cake and peanut butter pie….all of which were amazing.

When we returned from dinner, we encountered the biggest issue we have had so far at the resort….parking. It is non-existent. From the moment we checked in, we realized that parking is at a premium due to the construction. There was no parking spaces available when we returned from dinner (around 9pm) so I ended up parking in the “check in” lot. I told the front desk CM what I had done and she said it was fine because they are aware of the parking situation. Of course, when I walked all the way back to our building, 2 vehicles had vacated their spots and there was openings.

This place is beautiful and I am so happy to be back:love:

We checked in on Sunday afternoon and got a 1BR in bldg 19. I was worried about the reports of how noisy the rooms under the GV’s are, but so far, we have heard very minimal foot traffic from our upstairs neighbors.

We had a great time on our offshore fishing trip yesterday and took home a bucket full of sea bass and bluefish. I still cannot figure out the secret to avoiding seasickness (tried the $250 ReliefBand this year to no avail), but I still had a lot of fun.

We had dinner last night at the Carolina Crab Company. My DD18 picked it out and it was a hit with everyone, which is surprising since we are not big seafood eaters. DH ordered the short rib which was amazing! I had the shrimp basket which was basic, deep-fried shrimp and French fries. DD18 had the crab cakes dinner and she raved about them. She said the cheese grits on the side were the best part. DD20 is our “land-lubber” and she opted for a side of Mac and cheese and a side of mashed potatoes for her dinner. She has a very basic palate and also a fairly small appetite so she often makes a meal out of side dishes. We all saved room for dessert….key lime pie, chocolate lava cake and peanut butter pie….all of which were amazing.

When we returned from dinner, we encountered the biggest issue we have had so far at the resort….parking. It is non-existent. From the moment we checked in, we realized that parking is at a premium due to the construction. There was no parking spaces available when we returned from dinner (around 9pm) so I ended up parking in the “check in” lot. I told the front desk CM what I had done and she said it was fine because they are aware of the parking situation. Of course, when I walked all the way back to our building, 2 vehicles had vacated their spots and there was openings.

I checked in just for one night Sunday evening on my return from Disneyworld. I really wanted to see the new look. I'm almost okay with it but DD was disappointed. She says, on arrival at our room in Building 18, what did they do? I hate this.

She had been coming since the year after it first opened, and as a child, grew up doing many vacations here. As a young adult she hadn't been here since 2020. So, it's rustic fishing lodge turned into today's vanilla lodging. That said, the room is comfortable and modernized. Hate the curtains though. They seem like worms or snakes crawling up and down with an occasional butterfly or bird. And Pluto is not a substitute for Shadow.

For me, I can deal with it but still think some things are just stupid such as the two footstools and no table with actual chairs.

Parking was pretty tight. I drove under the lodge and took the space of someone leaving, so that I could go check in. Once checked in I went looking for parking, along the perimeter. Nothing available. Returned and saw someone exit so went back through again. Still nothing so they must have not been in an actual space. Parked back under the lodge. Then walked our stuff back to bldg 18. At least 25 spaces were taken by construction and construction supplies, plus 2 spaces by someone towing a small storage trailer (or something like that). Anyway, not a major issue for us as we left by 10am the next day. Probably a bit frustrating for guests staying longer.

My perspective: Disney sold me and others a product that was themed a certain way. Now 25 years into my ownership, they've abandoned the theming that made it attractive to ME to buy. Now it's nature light and cartoons with basic decor. Cast members and location are still top notch.

Last edited:
I checked in just for one night Sunday evening on my return from Disneyworld. I really wanted to see the new look. I'm almost okay with it but DD was disappointed. She says, on arrival at our room in Building 18, what did they do? I hate this.

She had been coming since the year after it first opened, and as a child, grew up doing many vacations here. As a young adult she hadn't been here since 2020. So, it's rustic fishing lodge turned into today's vanilla lodging. That said, the room is comfortable and modernized. Hate the curtains though. They seem like worms or snakes crawling up and down with an occasional butterfly or bird. And Pluto is not a substitute for Shadow.

For me, I can deal with it but still think some things are just stupid such as the two footstools and no table with actual chairs.

Parking was pretty tight. I drove under the lodge and took the space of someone leaving, so that I could go check in. Once checked in I went looking for parking, along the perimeter. Nothing available. Returned and saw someone exit so went back through again. Still nothing so they must have not been in an actual space. Parked back under the lodge. Then walked our stuff back to bldg 18. At least 25 spaces were taken by construction and construction supplies, plus 2 spaces by someone towing a small storage trailer (or something like that). Anyway, not a major issue for us as we left by 10am the next day. Probably a bit frustrating for guests staying longer.

My perspective: Disney sold me and others a product that was themed a certain way. Now 25 years into my ownership, they've abandoned the theming that made it attractive to ME to buy. Now it's nature light and cartoons with basic decor. Cast members and location are still top notch.
But hopefully you're enjoying the view. Of all the rooms we've had at HH, the one in Building 18 had the most gorgeous marsh view. Unfortunately, though, we were on the first floor, with neighbors above who weren't too quiet. That's the only reason we haven't asked for it since. But the view was the best.

But hopefully you're enjoying the view. Of all the rooms we've had at HH, the one in Building 18 had the most gorgeous marsh view. Unfortunately, though, we were on the first floor, with neighbors above who weren't too quiet. That's the only reason we haven't asked for it since. But the view was the best.
I'm home now, but I did enjoy the view before we left. I've stayed in that same room a couple of times.

Heard nothing, but the beds were comfortable and we were tired from traveling.

18 is great, though it sits behind 31 as the most requested building. Next to those, I'd add 29, 27, and the hidden gem, 13. The schedulers tend not to put families with small kids there (distance to the pool), so it's usually very quiet and does have a marsh view.

We were right beside you in 1923 - couch is a little harder than I like but DH didn't seem to mind it. Another great trip in the books!

Any pictures of the newly renovated studios?

Also, do all studios have the table with bench seating on the balcony or only some? From YouTube it seems some studio balcony’s are huge, others are small.

For a marshview which room category (studio or 1 bed) gives you the best chance?

Thanks!

Just picked up a resale Hilton Head contract and booked my first trip at the end of May....Quick question, my son loves digging in the sand at the beach. I've heard Hilton Head sand is fairly hard packed so much so you can bike ride on it. Is that true..any opportunities to dig in the beach sand at the Disney beach house?

Any pictures of the newly renovated studios?

Also, do all studios have the table with bench seating on the balcony or only some? From YouTube it seems some studio balcony’s are huge, others are small.

For a marshview which room category (studio or 1 bed) gives you the best chance?

Thanks!
Search back to page 70 of this thread for a few pics. Most balconies have rocking chairs and perhaps a small table, especially studios. Some other than studio rooms have said rocking chairs and also a small round table with bench chairs--rather like a circular picnic table.

As for whether a 1BR or studio gives you the best chance at a marsh view, the answer is it's equally split as there are 21 of each (when fully operational), and each is lockoff capable though Disney infrequently does so except when needed for an HA lockoff combo. Of the 21 1BRs and 21 studios, 16 of each are located in Bldgs 11 and 12. Some have a good view of the water or marsh; others have very little though it's still pretty no matter where you are. The remaining five 1BRS and studios are located in each of the GVs which are Bldgs 16, 18, 19, 28, and 30. Of those, only 18 has a marsh view. Again, there are no bad views at HHI. pirate:
Just picked up a resale Hilton Head contract and booked my first trip at the end of May....Quick question, my son loves digging in the sand at the beach. I've heard Hilton Head sand is fairly hard packed so much so you can bike ride on it. Is that true..any opportunities to dig in the beach sand at the Disney beach house?
As someone else mentioned, the beach at HHI is excellent for all types of activities. You want soft sand? Just sit back closer to the grassy dunes. You want hard pack? Sit closer to the water. You can bike, run, walk, build sand castles, and more.

I wanted to mention something that I noticed in our 1BR that I *think* is going to be a problem:scratchin...
I do not know if it is part of the refurb or not, but when we did laundry, the door to the dryer only opens about 3" before it is stopped by the wall of the closet! I shimmied the dryer as much as I could to get it "adjusted" but I could never open the dryer door more than halfway because it would hit the side wall of the closet. I foresee many dryer doors getting bent and/or broken in the not-too-distant future. I completely forgot to say something to the staff while we were there because I knew that it is not something that is a "quick fix". I can't believe that it passed an inspection, though! I mean, really? You cannot even open the dryer more than a few inches!

I wanted to mention something that I noticed in our 1BR that I *think* is going to be a problem:scratchin...
I do not know if it is part of the refurb or not, but when we did laundry, the door to the dryer only opens about 3" before it is stopped by the wall of the closet! I shimmied the dryer as much as I could to get it "adjusted" but I could never open the dryer door more than halfway because it would hit the side wall of the closet. I foresee many dryer doors getting bent and/or broken in the not-too-distant future. I completely forgot to say something to the staff while we were there because I knew that it is not something that is a "quick fix". I can't believe that it passed an inspection, though! I mean, really? You cannot even open the dryer more than a few inches!
Out of curiosity, have you had this problem before in a 1BR? Are they new dryers? I ask because I didn't think they'd actually changed the general footprint of the rooms other than to accommodate the Murphy beds and such.

Out of curiosity, have you had this problem before in a 1BR? Are they new dryers? I ask because I didn't think they'd actually changed the general footprint of the rooms other than to accommodate the Murphy beds and such.
It has been 2 years since we have been there so although we are not "frequent" guests, I will say that the issue was extremely noticable. We do laundry every day on our trips so we have always used the washer/dryer and this time, my husband even pointed out that he could not get the dryer door to open. We really had to force the door to get our clothing in and out of the dryer and we weren't doing large loads by any means. I wish I would have taken a picture...I am not exaggerating when I say that the dryer door would open only about 3" unless it was "forced" (putting some torque on the closet door) open. We loaded our clothing into the dryer one item at a time because that is all you could squeeze through the door. The machines looked new, but they were the same type (top loading washer, side-opening dryer) so, yes, the footprint should not have changed. It was definitely awkward...but like I said, I did not think to say anything because I knew that it was not something that would be a "quick fix" and the resort was full so it's not like they could move us to another room. It was an inconvenience, not a deal-breaker for us, but it could certainly become a problem down the road for another guest. I feel bad now for not saying anything...:guilty:

It has been 2 years since we have been there so although we are not "frequent" guests, I will say that the issue was extremely noticable. We do laundry every day on our trips so we have always used the washer/dryer and this time, my husband even pointed out that he could not get the dryer door to open. We really had to force the door to get our clothing in and out of the dryer and we weren't doing large loads by any means. I wish I would have taken a picture...I am not exaggerating when I say that the dryer door would open only about 3" unless it was "forced" (putting some torque on the closet door) open. We loaded our clothing into the dryer one item at a time because that is all you could squeeze through the door. The machines looked new, but they were the same type (top loading washer, side-opening dryer) so, yes, the footprint should not have changed. It was definitely awkward...but like I said, I did not think to say anything because I knew that it was not something that would be a "quick fix" and the resort was full so it's not like they could move us to another room. It was an inconvenience, not a deal-breaker for us, but it could certainly become a problem down the road for another guest. I feel bad now for not saying anything...:guilty:
I would absolutely call the front desk and report this to them--the specific room number. There's a good chance they'll send an engineer CM to check it out as the resort is quite responsive to guests' inputs. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter