*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

We picked up a 2 bedroom for one night the end of May, and we have some questions and would appreciate some help with this.
How many stories are these buildings? We're hoping that we won't have to climb too many stairs.

Where is the Atlantic Beach Disney property located? We would love to know the address so we could research the area beforehand. And will we be able to access and use all of the resort properties the entire day of checkout?

Thanks so much for your help!

In an amazing stroke of good fortune, my waitlist for one night in a studio this Friday came through this morning! On the way down to the World for a short, non-park stay before visiting family in Melbourne, and I'd booked a room in Brunswick, GA, to be safe. Been on the waitlist for months for the HHI studio, and boom! So, for all those out there who hold out hope for waitlists, minor miracles can happen. pirate:
Isn't it amazing?! I remember one year, we were at the resort when it was sold out and inexplicably, MS had cancelled the last several days of our stay. Since we'd flown, there wasn't the option for us to leave early. The front desk sympathized with us, and said that cancellations happen sometimes the day of, giving us hope. Sometimes we moved to a studio, sometimes a one Bedroom, but a cancellation did happen every day the year we took a "grand tour of the DHHIR". Never give up!

We picked up a 2 bedroom for one night the end of May, and we have some questions and would appreciate some help with this.
How many stories are these buildings? We're hoping that we won't have to climb too many stairs.

Where is the Atlantic Beach Disney property located? We would love to know the address so we could research the area beforehand. And will we be able to access and use all of the resort properties the entire day of checkout?

Most of them are two story, but the start of the actual building is on stilts, so you have 2 short stairs to walk up for the first level and then another run if you are on the second level. That's where all the dedicated 2 bedrooms are.

The Beach house is straight across Highway 278. You follow Queen's Folly Rd through two gate houses, showing your pass as you go, veering right as you follow the road through the last gate. I think that's actually called Ocean Ln, but not sure. Anyway Disney Beach House is on the left and there is a sign set in a bit on the property.

If you google, go to Satellite image and you will get a decent view. From what I can see the gatehouses are not seen in the aerial view due to shrubbery. It's maybe 1.3 miles from the resort to the beach house. It's right after Villamare Condos.

As you come across the bridge onto Disney's island where the resort buildings are, look to the right and you will see the breakwater in my signature pic, usually complete with an array of pelicans and other water birds.

Last edited:

The 2BRs are equally split between the first floor and the second floor. Being that all the buildings are raised above flood level, that makes the first floor rooms between 9-12 steps depending on the building. The second story rooms are 29-32 steps up. If you don't want as many stairs, request a first floor room, but be aware that they're a little noisier as you'll have someone on top of you.

The Beach House is at 11 Ocean Lane, HHI, SC. Yes, you may access all the resort properties and amenities the day of checkout. If you're staying beyond noon, however, I'd check with the front desk to ensure that your card/key will get you into the pool areas at the resort and Beach House. pirate:

Thanks for this info. It was very helpful. I do have another question though. When researching, I found an article stating that the beach at Disney's Beach House is "all packed down and very uncomfortable". Is this true? Not exactly what we're picturing for a day at the beach.

Thanks for this info. It was very helpful. I do have another question though. When researching, I found an article stating that the beach at Disney's Beach House is "all packed down and very uncomfortable". Is this true? Not exactly what we're picturing for a day at the beach.
I'm not even sure what that means. ;) The Beach House has several amenities: a large pool that is heated, plenty of lounge chairs/tables, a QS/bar, games such as a pool table and corn hole, a large air-conditioned room where you can watch TV or just relax, two large bathrooms with a shower in each, a drink machine for those who buy refillable mugs, plentiful towels, and direct access to the beach. If that's what the article meant then, yes, it's "all packed down and very uncomfortable." Makes me wonder if the person who wrote the article actually visited the Beach House, or perhaps they did so in the middle of winter when it was cold and rainy. In that case, yes, the Beach House isn't hopping. But, you'll be there in late May so it will be warm and wide open. pirate:

Last edited:

Lol, the sand closer to the water is hard packed and regularly enjoyed by all of us who love to walk the beach! It's also possible to bicycle on this packed sand and sometimes you may see people riding their horses along the area in the off season. Shells washed in are also easily visible in the early morning.

After you come through the dunes from the Beach House towards the sand and ocean, you have nice soft sand to set up your towels, chairs and umbrellas and for the kids to play in. (Edit: in summer the town also rents chairs and umbrellas.) This stretches a very long way towards the water. The beach at the beach house is a long stretch of sand going towards the water and at times can even have little inlets of water near the more packed area. Kids love to play in those!

I've been on almost every beach on the East Coast plus the Gulf Coast and I would say that this is one of the most versatile as well as beautiful beaches that I've ever enjoyed.

I'm not even sure what that means. ;) The Beach House has several amenities: a large pool that is heated, plenty of lounge chairs/tables, a QS/bar, games such as a pool table and corn hole, a large air-conditioned room where you can watch TV or just relax, two large bathrooms with a shower in each, a drink machine for those who buy refillable mugs, plentiful towels, and direct access to the beach. If that's what the article meant then, yes, it's "all packed down and very uncomfortable." Makes me wonder if the person who wrote the article actually visited the Beach House, or perhaps they did so in the middle of winter when it was cold and rainy. In that case, yes, the Beach House isn't hopping. But, you'll be there in late May so it will be warm and wide open. pirate:

Think she was talking about the actual sand, Sleepy.

Here now! Arrived around 1245 and the studio was ready! I wasn't too surprised since those are the easiest to clean and often open up first. I was here when they did the first test rooms in Bldg 30, and I thought even then that the updated rooms were an improvement, though perhaps lacking in the original character. However, in the intervening 2+ years since then and the start of the refurbishment, they've made some subtle changes to the design. For once, I think Disney got it mostly right on this redo.
- the color palette is muted but still true to the original motif of a fishing cabin...only updated
- the addition of shiplap to the walls do suggest a cabin-like feel
- the greens, browns, and creams are accentuated by the hardware on the dressers, beds, cabinets, and lamps
- the hurricane lamp light fixture/ceiling fan is a winner
- 12 USB ports in the studio (4 above the low-slung dresser, 2 on either side of the bed, and 3 by the Murphy bed
- the barn door for the shower/tub
- the porcelain sink that projects from the vanity area of the bathroom

These are but a few of the nice touches we've found. Is it a sleeker, more modern look? Of course. Does it still reminisce the fish camp feel? Yes. All in all, well done, Disney.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the elevator shaft addition to Bldg 28. Guests will have possible HA access to not only the GV but also the four 2BRs on either end as they're connected via a walkway that is similar to what is found at Bldgs 14 and 15.

Top floor elevator entrance
IMG_1343.jpeg

Looking down the walkway from the elevator
IMG_1345.jpeg

A ramp to the room. Not every room had one, so I don't think they're permanent, although I could be wrong. It could be that if the room is booked as HA, then a CM will deliver one prior to check-in. I'll try to find out before I leave.
IMG_1344.jpeg

@sleepydog25, yes, please try to find out if there are other HA rooms available in that building! Is the walkway new to building 28? I would love to have access to a dedicated 2B, not only the lock off since I do need HA room for the shower area.

Thanks so much for the pictures, sleepydog25. Is the elevator up and running yet? I didn't think it would be until sometime in April.

Here are some pictures of the elevator shaft addition to Bldg 28. Guests will have possible HA access to not only the GV but also the four 2BRs on either end as they're connected via a walkway that is similar to what is found at Bldgs 14 and 15.

Top floor elevator entrance
View attachment 840236

Looking down the walkway from the elevator
View attachment 840237

A ramp to the room. Not every room had one, so I don't think they're permanent, although I could be wrong. It could be that if the room is booked as HA, then a CM will deliver one prior to check-in. I'll try to find out before I leave.
View attachment 840238
Glad to see the progress!
Are all buildings complete except 11,12,13?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter