Hey Mom, Do I get to be the line leader again? A PTR…(My TR has started! - 6/1)

Oooh, fun, a look back at your last trip! Can't wait to hear more. popcorn::

Hi Megan!! I found your PTR from Leanne and Mary's PTRs!! My family will also be in WDW the same week as yours! We will be staying at the Poly again and I will be starting a PTR just as soon as I finish my TR!! :goodvibes We seem to have a lot in common. I am a former teacher, I am 30, and my oldest daughter is in Kindergarten this year!! I also have Le Cellier on our list for this trip!! (as well as O'hana--YUM!!) Not sure if we'll do Chef Mickey's again this trip or not. I'm looking forward to planning along with you!! Looking forward to May 2010!! :woohoo:

Thanks for joining us! I look forward to sharing my plans with you. There is going to be a party at the Poly.:woohoo: I am 30 as well. We all have somuch in common.

I pass that Cracker Barrel several times a week! You were right around the corner from me!

I'll be sure to wave at you from now on when we pass that Cracker Barrel.

Every trip.. is the best one ever....especially the next one!!!

That's true, but you gotta admit. This past trip was absolutely awesome!

Oooh, fun, a look back at your last trip! Can't wait to hear more. popcorn::

I hope you enjoy it just as much as we did. Next update is coming up.

So, when I left off, we were just passing under the sign we all love to see.

So we are finally there. It is time for us to check in to Kidani Village for the first time.

The guard at the guard shack was very inviting. She welcomed us home right away. As we get through the gate, we drive by Jambo House.

DSC00731.jpg

The boys were familiar with the original AKL, but they knew we were staying at the new AKL. They were just anxious to check out their new digs. Finally, the new sign…

DSC00733.jpg

I can only imagine how the whole resort will look as soon as the vegetation grows in.

We park and walk up to Port Cochere and into the lobby, and we all just feel at home. We love the feel of AKL, but Kidani just feels warm and cozy. I immediately went to check in, and Bryan brought the boys to do a little bit of exploring on the lobby level.

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

All Bryan wanted to do was go upstairs and go to sleep. Unfortunately, the CM said our room was not yet ready. The good news – my requests had been granted!

Up next, what do we do in the meantime?

So, there is nothing on tv tonight, so I have been doing some DIS time. I just got the email from AllEars and got really upset to hear that all the Photopass photographers are no longer at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. With that and the lack of getting able to pre-purchase the CD now at $100 price, we might be skipping the Photopass this year (Sorry Randy and Alisa). I am kinda upset that they will not be sending the pre-purchase email to DVC members since we do not book through Disney Destinations. So now it looks like we are in the market for a water-proof camera. Anyone has any suggestions?

Also, I am sitting over here with everything crossed. We have a new superintendant in my school district. When he took over, he proposed that all schools that make their target score for the year would result in each teacher at that school receiving a $3000 bonus. Well, the scores came in last week, and my school along with 11 other schools (including Coach81's school) made their target score and more. The school board is meeting tonight to vote on that proposal. If they vote yes, I will get my bonus with next month's paycheck just in time for Christmas. I should know sometime tonight whether I get it or not. Fingers, toes, hair, eyes, everything is crossed that we do.

Must have posted at the same time. :goodvibes Hope you get your bonus. That would be fantastic! We'll keep our fingers and toes crossed for you too.

You all are young-30 was YEARS ago! Nothing on tonight-not a Biggest Loser fan I guess.. Thar is really to bad about the photopass. We did a share last year and got some good pics but not $100 worth...
I am crossing my fingers and toes for your bonus-one for the coach too. Now if you will cross your finger s that I get a pin code.
Can't wait to see the rest of Kidani-though I know it is going to make me want to stay there!

You all are young-30 was YEARS ago! Nothing on tonight-not a Biggest Loser fan I guess.. Thar is really to bad about the photopass. We did a share last year and got some good pics but not $100 worth...
I am crossing my fingers and toes for your bonus-one for the coach too. Now if you will cross your finger s that I get a pin code.
Can't wait to see the rest of Kidani-though I know it is going to make me want to stay there!

Hey! You are just as young as we are.

I'm sure you agree with me when I say that teachers don't get paid anywhere near what they deserve! So I'm very happy you got that bonus! And as you said.....more for the Mouse. :goodvibes

Congratulation on the bonus!!!

WOW! $100 for the photopass CD. I never even consider to use them. DW has been bugging me to give it a try on our next trip so we can print it as Xmas card. I don't know now. I would rather to spend $100 for other stuff instead like...more camera gear. ;)

SWEET!!!! Life is GOOD!!!! That money is really gonna help us out.. as we are planning three vacations.. - Secret trip to Disney for Christmas (complete with DDP to pay for), the return visit to Universal Studios (along with club level at Royal Pacific Hotel), and finally our MEGA SUPER summer trip with you guys and the Prosperies!!!

Love the pictures of Kidani so far... we stayed at AKV for our first-ever trip using our DVC a few summers ago.. and we absolutely LOVED IT!!! The savannah was amazing, the boys loved going out every morning and looking at all the animals. We will be staying at AKL or Kidani again in the future.. it is a fantastic resort! Love the pics of the artwork around the lobby. It truly is a great resort.

Patiently wating for the next update..

:woohoo: You got your bonus. :woohoo: And congrats on your school's test scores.

I considered getting the photopass CD before our first visit but we were actually happy we didn't. We never wanted to take the time to stop and I got as good if not better photos of DD with characters. We had two coupons for free 5x7s. I got one with DD holding Tinkerbell and one with her fighting Captain Hook.

That's a shame you can't pre-purchase the CD anymore. As far as waterproof cameras, my friend has a Canon PowerShot D10 and loves it. Also, I know Fujifilm and Olympus make ones that are more reasonably priced.

I'm sure you agree with me when I say that teachers don't get paid anywhere near what they deserve! So I'm very happy you got that bonus! And as you said.....more for the Mouse. :goodvibes

Thanks! We were also told today that every teacher will get a 2% bonus with our November check. That would be another $800 coming my way. WOO HOO!:woohoo:

Congratulation on the bonus!!!

WOW! $100 for the photopass CD. I never even consider to use them. DW has been bugging me to give it a try on our next trip so we can print it as Xmas card. I don't know now. I would rather to spend $100 for other stuff instead like...more camera gear. ;)

Thanks! We never purchased it at full price. Since our family and Coach's family always travel during the same week, we always split the cost with each other. We never paid more than $50 for the photopass. Our last tripp will more than likely be the last time we get it.

SWEET!!!! Life is GOOD!!!! That money is really gonna help us out.. as we are planning three vacations.. - Secret trip to Disney for Christmas (complete with DDP to pay for), the return visit to Universal Studios (along with club level at Royal Pacific Hotel), and finally our MEGA SUPER summer trip with you guys and the Prosperies!!!

Love the pictures of Kidani so far... we stayed at AKV for our first-ever trip using our DVC a few summers ago.. and we absolutely LOVED IT!!! The savannah was amazing, the boys loved going out every morning and looking at all the animals. We will be staying at AKL or Kidani again in the future.. it is a fantastic resort! Love the pics of the artwork around the lobby. It truly is a great resort.

Patiently wating for the next update..

Stop bragging about the trips dude!:upsidedow Liar! AKV was not your first DVC trip. OKW was! You know we love Kidani. We have plans to stay there pretty much every trip. Yall just need to make sure that the trip yall decide to stay there is a summer one with us. Next update is coming. Patience, patience...

:woohoo: You got your bonus. :woohoo: And congrats on your school's test scores.

I considered getting the photopass CD before our first visit but we were actually happy we didn't. We never wanted to take the time to stop and I got as good if not better photos of DD with characters. We had two coupons for free 5x7s. I got one with DD holding Tinkerbell and one with her fighting Captain Hook.

That's a shame you can't pre-purchase the CD anymore. As far as waterproof cameras, my friend has a Canon PowerShot D10 and loves it. Also, I know Fujifilm and Olympus make ones that are more reasonably priced.

Thanks! I am really looking forward now to BOTH bonuses! The kids are excited! They are having a dress down day next week and a dance party during the school day to celebrate their accomplishments. Thanks for the suggestion on the camera. I started looking at them. The problem is that I want a camera that can take a nice water picture as well as a regular picture. To get one to do that, I need to spend over $200. Bryan is not wanting to spend that much, so we are trying to compromise. I was actually trying to sell him on the Canon, but he does not like the almost $300 price tag.

Since the room wasn’t ready, we decided to explore the resort and head over to Mara. We first went downstairs to go check out the savanna.

DSC00756.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

We then headed back inside to check out the library, arcade, and community hall. We loved all of them.

DSC00765_edited-1.jpg

DSC00769.jpg

We finally make it out to the pool, and the boys are ready to jump in clothes and all. On our way there, we stopped by the fitness area for the boys to get in a little workout.:upsidedow

DSC00776.jpg

DSC00781.jpg

DSC00783.jpg

DSC00784.jpg

Afterwards, we headed over to Mara to eat some lunch. I had been dreaming about zebra domes all morning, so I was extremely anxious to get there. I tried the chicken flatbread which I loved. Bryan had the stew, and the boys had chicken nuggets and fries. They had a great table in front of the tv. We all ate quietly. We weren’t about to interrupt the peace and quiet of the boys watching old Disney cartoons. Right before we left, I got this mysterious text. This was the week that the resorts started to text you to let you know your room was ready. Cool, so being excited to check out our room, we headed back to Kidani.

DSC00793.jpg

We had parked the truck in the underground garage at Kidani in the Timon section as instructed by the CM at the front desk.

Coming up – How is the room?

A HUGE CONGRATS on the BONUS and RAISE. :banana::banana: Such great news! Now I think we should plan a meet and you can buy me a drink Ha ha.
The pics are great-can't wait see the room.
We bought a case to put over our camera to use underwater. If you look in my ptr at the Kauai pics-you can see how well it worked.

congratulations on your bonus, I can only imagine how that must feel.

I'm really enjoying your telling of your past trip. Keep posting.

Ty

Thanks! We were also told today that every teacher will get a 2% bonus with our November check. That would be another $800 coming my way. WOO HOO!:woohoo:

Thanks! We never purchased it at full price. Since our family and Coach's family always travel during the same week, we always split the cost with each other. We never paid more than $50 for the photopass. Our last tripp will more than likely be the last time we get it.

Stop bragging about the trips dude!:upsidedow Liar! AKV was not your first DVC trip. OKW was! You know we love Kidani. We have plans to stay there pretty much every trip. Yall just need to make sure that the trip yall decide to stay there is a summer one with us. Next update is coming. Patience, patience...

Thanks! I am really looking forward now to BOTH bonuses! The kids are excited! They are having a dress down day next week and a dance party during the school day to celebrate their accomplishments. Thanks for the suggestion on the camera. I started looking at them. The problem is that I want a camera that can take a nice water picture as well as a regular picture. To get one to do that, I need to spend over $200. Bryan is not wanting to spend that much, so we are trying to compromise. I was actually trying to sell him on the Canon, but he does not like the almost $300 price tag.

Good point about OKW.. that was the first one for us.. yeah it was really nice and BIG to. But still, we really liked AKL as well!!!

Don't worry... don't worry I HAVE the camera you guys want!!! Been using it for two trips now!!! I'll get with Bryan and we'll go get it. It is a great camera.. you've seen the pics and video yourself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter