Hey Mom, Do I get to be the line leader again? A PTR…(My TR has started! - 6/1)

So, we went to New Orleans this morning since that was the place with the closest theatre showing Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D. The boys were so excited to go watch it at the theatre. It did not matter that they had seen the movie who knows how many times. Toy Story 2 was the better movie for the 3D effects. I told Bryan I know I have high expectations because at certain times I expected things to happen like wind or what not because of the 3D shows in WDW. The movies certainly brought the boys' love of Buzz and Woody to the forefront again. Cooper is sleeping with both Woodys and bothe Buzz Lightyears in his bed tonight. I am trying to get a picture of him cuddling with Woody, but he woke up when I went in with the camera.:hug:

I will post another update tomorrow. Coming up - where to eat...

Thanks to all who are reading even if you are not posting.:thumbsup2

I told Bryan I know I have high expectations because at certain times I expected things to happen like wind or what not because of the 3D shows in WDW. The movies certainly brought the boys' love of Buzz and Woody to the forefront again. Cooper is sleeping with both Woodys and bothe Buzz Lightyears in his bed tonight. I am trying to get a picture of him cuddling with Woody, but he woke up when I went in with the camera.:hug:

:lmao:Disney has spoiled you. I'm sure one day there movies will include wind and smells, just like they do at WDW.

Toy Story is my DH's favorite Disney movie. I bet I could get him to take me to see it in 3-D. I need to find out where it's playing around here.

That would have been a cute picture of Cooper. We eat that up on the Dis.

So, we went to New Orleans this morning since that was the place with the closest theatre showing Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D. The boys were so excited to go watch it at the theatre. It did not matter that they had seen the movie who knows how many times. Toy Story 2 was the better movie for the 3D effects. I told Bryan I know I have high expectations because at certain times I expected things to happen like wind or what not because of the 3D shows in WDW. The movies certainly brought the boys' love of Buzz and Woody to the forefront again. Cooper is sleeping with both Woodys and bothe Buzz Lightyears in his bed tonight. I am trying to get a picture of him cuddling with Woody, but he woke up when I went in with the camera.:hug:

Sounds fun, we are going to see Toy Story today! It's going to be like a blast from the past since I remember seeing it when it first came out...I was 10 years old!

:lmao:Disney has spoiled you. I'm sure one day there movies will include wind and smells, just like they do at WDW.

Toy Story is my DH's favorite Disney movie. I bet I could get him to take me to see it in 3-D. I need to find out where it's playing around here.

That would have been a cute picture of Cooper. We eat that up on the Dis.

Disney has certainly spoiled me. We did mention that in our conversation though. Eventually movies will have effects for your senses other than visual. Good luck with getting DH to take you to go watch Toy Story. It was nice going watch it again. Plus, the bonus was the preview of TS3. ANdy goes to college! I did end up getting the picture. I just have to upload it to my computer.:thumbsup2

Sounds fun, we are going to see Toy Story today! It's going to be like a blast from the past since I remember seeing it when it first came out...I was 10 years old!

Have fun going see the movie.

It is football time in my house today. DH has friends over to watch some games today, including Coach81. I'll post another update soon.

Hi im here!!! weeeeeeeeeee looking forward to hearing all of ur plans!
BTW ur family is sooooo Adorable!!

Andy goes to college?! I can't wait to see it when it comes out. Do you think DHS made a Toy Story ride because of TS3? Or did they make TS3 because DHS did THe Toy Story ride?

Due to some events going on with me at work. I really need to stick to these boards for some good news. So with that, LET'S TALK ABOUT FOOD!

The big question everyone has at least once when planning their trip is where we will be eating. That question came up while we were on vacation this summer. We have some favorites just like most regular visitors.

Every year, I approach my DH with the restaurant question a couple of months before my ADR window opens. This year he forgot to tell me one place because he just assumed I would book it. Well, he became very upset when he realized we weren’t going there. Oh well, he needs to tell me these things when I ask.

Our must do restaurants:

Sanaa – We loved this restaurant this summer. The boys were amazed with the animals lurking outside the window while we ate even though they had a balcony just upstairs where they could watch the animals. BTW, the food is fabulous here too.

DSC00898.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

Ohana – We finally got around here this summer. DH immediately put this on our must do list for every trip. The boys had watched Night at the Museum 2 right before we left. Well, they were beside themselves that we were seated right next to an Easter Island head. Sam wanted to take his picture with Dum-Dum, and Cooper wanted to give him some gum-gum.

DSC00997_edited-1.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

Whispering Canyon Café – This is the one I forgot this summer. DH loves the skillet.

Chef Mickey’s – This is our traditional last supper. This is the meal where the boys have the opportunity to tell Mickey and his pals good bye before we leave the next morning. I began taking a picture of the boys in the steel ears behind the Contemporary a few years ago. That way we could see the boys grow as the years go by.

DSC00576.jpg

What else then?

This trip we plan to do Donald’s Safari Breakfast once again. The boys loved it last time. Plus, I love getting that 8:05 AM ADR.

DSC00145.jpg

This trip we are planning to try Le Cellier for the first time. However, DH is hoping this last spot will be filled by Boma again. I just want to put something in there that is new for us.

We also have plans to eat at ESPN Club, but we would pay OOP for that one. DH LOVES the nachos.

We will see how all of this pans out when I am able to make those ADRs on November 23rd.

OH yeah.. the Nachos are a MUST HAVE at ESPN CLUB!!!!

Love the shot of the boys in the Mickey ears!!! Cooper is so.. cute!!!

I've been lurking around. But you know I'm in. Anybody that puts me in a report has my attention.:yay:

Not so much of an update for the trip as it is an update from real life. As I mentioned previously, I am a high school teacher. This week has been the most difficult week as a teacher I have ever experienced.:sad1:

I received a phone call SUnday afternoon while I was watching football with my DH and his friends. I was told that 4 students from my school were in a horrible car accident early that morning. Two of them were my students. There were five total boys in the car, and four of them died on impact. The fifth one needed to be transferred to New Orleans because of a severe brain injury.

Needless to say, going to work on Monday was the most difficult moment in my teaching career. I had never experienced a moment when I woul enter a classroom knowing that the student who sits in the desk in the middle of the room will never come back. It was so difficult going into the class and having the empty desk. It was such a sad moment.:sad1:

I sadly found out today that the parents of the only survivor removed him from life support since the injury to his brain was so severe he would never be able to recover. He was declared brain dead.

Part of the saddest piece of this story is that all the boys were cousins, but there were two sets of brothers. Two mothers and fathers each lost two sons in one moment.

Well, the funerals start tomorrow, and I am still unsure if I will attend the wake for a moment to pay my respects to the students who will not return to my classroom.

I hope I never have to go through this again.

Oh my goodness, that is horrible! :sad2::hug: I am a teacher too and can't imagine ever having something like that happen.

After all the sadnees I have had this week, I think it is time to post something good. Here's the next update.

The second question that comes up for us always deals with our time of departure. We like to drive to WDW because we are there in about 10-11 hours and it gives us a vehicle to use on site. I hate to bus hop from resort to park to resort to get to our restaurant. This way we are able to drive straight to our dining destination within a few minutes. We have left at 4 AM in the past and get there right around check-in time. This past summer we left at midnight. It wasn’t my favorite departure time. We got to Kidani around lunch time, but our room was not ready. We did eat lunch at Mara, and our room was ready by the time we finished. Bryan was exhausted from staying up all night (he could not get comfortable in the truck), and all the boys wanted to do was try out the new pool. We decided that midnight was not the time for us again.

Right now the tentative plan is to leave on May 21st. My records day at school is on that day, so I figured we leave after Bryan gets off of work. Hopefully, he is able to get away a bit earlier in the day. We plan to drive until 11 or so if we leave around 5. If we leave around 3 when I get out of school, we plan to drive until we are about an hour or two outside of WDW. We would be at the parks before lunch time, and we get an extra day in the parks. The kink in this plan, however, is that Bryan is not completely on board with this yet. He is still hoping for 4 AM.

Next update - our tentative plans...

My heart goes out to you and to the parents of the boys. I can't imagine being in that situation. My prayers are with you and the boys families.

Now, on to transporation. I vote for your idea. Leaving sooner is always better, no question!

Your hubby needs to be a sol-ja like me.. I drove all night (left at midnight), and then with NO NAP, I went straight through the next day.. and stayed up to watch "Up" in 3D with the family at 6 pm!!! Tell Bryan I said he's just got to learn to suck it up!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter