• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Here's your chance to be creative......!

If you like the food and DW would be happy with the food and atmosphere, I say this is the one! :)

As far as resort, the Epcot crescent lake resorts give you walking access to the other four, so definitely consider them. And at least one (usually more) have the top discount for the room only rate deal at the time.

I am unsure what the crescent lake resorts comprise.....

If I weren't doing the parks, I don't think I'd stay at the Disney resorts. I'd also look at the Four Seasons, or the Ritz Carlton.

Why no parks? The resorts are overpriced (but of course we all pay it anyway), but worth it for convenience to the parks. Also, some of the excellent dining is at the parks.

If I weren't doing the parks, I don't think I'd stay at the Disney resorts. I'd also look at the Four Seasons, or the Ritz Carlton.

Why no parks? The resorts are overpriced (but of course we all pay it anyway), but worth it for convenience to the parks. Also, some of the excellent dining is at the parks.

We want to not bother with a car...AND, if we wanted only deluxe accommodations which were non-disney we would stay in NYC and enjoy exceptional cuisine and blah blah blah. We don't plan on spending a LOT of time in our room, either, so fancy digs are not a priority.
We say no parks now...who knows what will evolve? My wife is NOT a thrill ride person (at all.....nope....not doin' that)...Further, the kids n grandkids might join us for a few days at end of our journey which would put us in the parks. Life, as I've learned, is unpredictable.

You could spend a couple of hours around the Boardwalk/Yacht Club area. Across the street from Swan/Dolphin is the mini golf. You can rent a surrey bike and ride around the entire boardwalk area. There are places to eat in that area. You can also see some of the Epcot fireworks from the bridge over the lake.
Last year we stayed at Wilderness Lodge and rented the small boats turned out July was a little too hot to enjoy the ride.
It was early in the morning and we saw a family fishing from a boat with a guide at the Contemporary
One thing on my to-do-list is making S'mores at a campfire on the beach.
From Disney Springs take a round trip boat ride to the resorts like Old Key West and Port Orleans and back again
And last on my list is a carriage ride at Port Orleans or Fort Wilderness

I personally don't like to switch hotels - just the packing / unpacking transferring stuff. So I would pick one resort and stick to it.
I'd consider getting park tickets to dine in Epcot and then stay at one of the properties where you can walk and enter Epcot at the World Showcase. To me it is a great park to stroll around, look in shops and eat. Yes there is shopping at Disney Springs, but a lot of the stores are found in malls, especially if you live in the city.

Don't discount looking into the cabins at FW campground. They are secluded, you can rent a golf cart ... there is a lot of happenings at the Fort. You don't have to cook in your room, so you can still explore all of the restaurants, but with no connecting rooms you have more peace and quiet. Plus you can boat to FW and the Contemporary. This is also a great place if the kids / grandkids join you. It is full of snowbirds in the winter ... you can even rent an RV if you really wanted to.

The Savanna view rooms at AKL are also fun. We personally don't stay there anymore because I don't like the travel time from there to the parks - but if you aren't doing parks it wouldn't matter.

Stay: Beach or Yacht Club. You'll be surrounded by Swan and Dolphin, Boardwalk, and Yacht/Beach to go explore. The pool is awesome and comparable to a water park, so you can always crash there. Plus, I love the overall feeling of being there. There's something so great about waking up and walking the boardwalk in the morning.

Dine: I hate making dining choices for someone without knowing them/they're tastes/etc. I will say, this is your chance to really enjoy the new dining locations Disney Springs has to offer. Do a crawl around Disney Springs: grab a drink at The Edison, Enzo's Hideaway, Boathouse, etc. For a nicer meal, I'll always recommend Narcoossee's or Cali Grill. Maybe take the money you're saving on the parks and do V&A?

Do: Disney Springs is awesome. I'd also look into doing a tour, maybe a fireworks cruise?

I would do the Boardwalk area for sure. Walking around, you have 5 resorts to visit.

I'm staying club level at the Boardwalk end of May for our 25th anniversary. We plan a lot of time at the resort, but I'll have an annual pass (getting it on my trip in 2 weeks), and getting my husband one as well (so we can go back a couple times in the fall for food & wine, and the late fall/winter time as well).

You could spend a couple of hours around the Boardwalk/Yacht Club area. Across the street from Swan/Dolphin is the mini golf. You can rent a surrey bike and ride around the entire boardwalk area. There are places to eat in that area. You can also see some of the Epcot fireworks from the bridge over the lake.
Last year we stayed at Wilderness Lodge and rented the small boats turned out July was a little too hot to enjoy the ride.
It was early in the morning and we saw a family fishing from a boat with a guide at the Contemporary
One thing on my to-do-list is making S'mores at a campfire on the beach.
From Disney Springs take a round trip boat ride to the resorts like Old Key West and Port Orleans and back again
And last on my list is a carriage ride at Port Orleans or Fort Wilderness
THIS all sounds like fun....!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter